Disney Genie announcement

I may add it to my whole trip in advance *and* buy magic bands we don’t really need because I don’t have confidence that MDE + magic mobile will actually work when I need it to. So they’re going to get more $ out of me because Disney IT can’t get its **** together

Hmmm never thought about that being a goal on their part. :upsidedow

In July DS1 and I wore our MagicBands, DH used a hard ticket and DS2, DD & SIL used their iPhones with the app. MB and hard ticket were very fast, the iPhone scan was slow to get it to pick up. Last thing I want to do is use Magic Mobile for my ticket. We will continue with our MB - nothing to do but lift our arms.

It seems like that would be a bad idea to allow that. It might lead a lot of inexperienced tourists to miss one of their ILL$ or Geine+ selections because they don’t account for wait time / pre-shows /etc.

Reactions: NkD
I don’t think I have seen this answer. Has anyone seen when you can book your second ILL attraction, if you can really only book one at 7am? Will that leave a strong chance that we can really only book one because the 2nd might be sold out when we can book another?
Your thread was merged with the Genie thread as your question and many more are being discussed here.

I would think so because they are independent of each other
Well, OTOH it all goes through Genie (MDE) (Genie+ and ILLs are just parts of Genie), which will “know” what your overall schedule is. So, just like MDE used to notify you if you had a potential conflict between an ADR and a FP, Genie could let you know of or maybe even prevent a conflict between an ILL and/or a Genie+ LL and/or an ADR.

Did I post on the wrong thread by mistake? Or is there another thread besides the “Genie Announcement” thread?
You created a brand new thread to discuss a question already being discussed in the Genie thread. We’re trying to keep similar threads together rather than each person start a new thread to ask questions that are already being covered in the main Genie thread.

You created a brand new thread to discuss a question already being discussed in the Genie thread. We’re trying to keep similar threads together rather than each person start a new thread to ask questions that are already being covered in the main Genie thread.
Lol I didn’t, haven’t started my own thread in ages, but that’s ok.
Still haven’t seen the answer.

Does anyone know if you can book Genie+ selections that overlap with individual lightning lane paid attraction times (or visa versa)? So if you pay for Space Mountain 10-11a, could you also have a Genie+ selection 10-11a?

If you look at Molly’s video from all ears (link is posted somewhere on this thread)
She goes into detail showing you what the app looks like. Screen looks similar to old FP+ as in your can view G+ selections and ILL as well. I imagine as it’s on the same viewing window it’s in the same application and it won’t allow Overlap but that’s just my gut instincts!!

Ugh. The FAQ from Disney Tourist Blog linked in post #3,056 says the opposite of Molly:

“Walt Disney World has confirmed that guests will be able to make another reservation 120 minutes after their first reservation even if they have not yet redeemed the first Genie+ selection.

In practice, this means that you might make a reservation at 7:05 am for Splash Mountain that has a return time of 10:00 am. At 9:05 am–before riding Splash Mountain, you’d be able to make another ride reservation.”

Does anyone know if you can book Genie+ selections that overlap with individual lightning lane paid attraction times (or visa versa)? So if you pay for Space Mountain 10-11a, could you also have a Genie+ selection 10-11a?
Hour post has been merged with the Genie thread.
Lol I didn’t, haven’t started my own thread in ages, but that’s ok.
Still haven’t seen the answer.
Sorry, my bad. I had two posts quoted and accidentally put the merge message against yours.

I don’t think I have seen this answer. Has anyone seen when you can book your second ILL attraction, if you can really only book one at 7am? Will that leave a strong chance that we can really only book one because the 2nd might be sold out when we can book another?
im not sure the Disney announcement specified this. It’s something I’m interested in learning too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter