• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy Servers

Can you find him on Facebook? I mean, how many Ashang Kangoos can there be in the world?!

I like to think that I am a reasonably intelligent person, so I am embarrassed to admit I never thought of that.

And, sure enough, there he is. I am, once again, in your debt.

This will be our 5th cruise on April 21, 2018. On our first cruise we had great wait staff for our dinners - jokes, entertaining, always had our drinks ready, magic, etc..., the second cruise the servers were fun but not quite as involved (still fine though), our third cruise they were extremely professional and did a wonderful job at serving us food and making sure we had what we needed - but no jokes, no magic, no entertainment fun factor. Last year I came on here to get some ideas of server names because I did not want to have that again - my kids are a little older (12 and almost 17) but we are all really big kids at heart and absolutely love all that fun stuff. In the end we decided to just go with the flow and not request any servers - figuring that it was just a fluke that we got "non-fun" ones that time before. Well, we had an even worse experience on that 4th cruise. The servers barely even cracked a smile, never greeted us by name, sometimes had to wait 10-15 minutes to request a refill of a drink...not terrible service, but not great either and definitely zero fun factor. It was disappointing. So....my questions:
1. Do you think because of my kids' age that they give us less of the "entertainer" type servers or do the servers "lessen" their entertainment factor because of the kids are older?
2. Do you think if we just made a request about wanting to have "entertaining servers" would make any sense to Disney or would we need to request specific people?
3. Do you know of any great, fun, entertaining servers that are currently on the Fantasy?

Any suggestions or help would be welcomed! If we got servers like the ones from last time we would be quite disappointed.

My favorite is also Ashang. We had him twice now. Maureen was his assistant and she was also very entertaining. Does anyone know if Ashang will be around in September?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter