Disney Enchantment is a hard fail and 1 OCT was a disaster

How on Earth do you get that HEA costs lots less. I literally stopped reading after that because I thought it had to be a joke. Longer, more Pyro, projections. Like that can't be a serious comment.
The only thing that I can figure is that once you invest in the actual projection hardware, your cost is minimal to continue using it. If you have a show that is all pyro, you are paying every night for that pyro. So a show that is heavy on projections will be a much cheaper show in the long run.

That was one of the things I disliked about HarmoniUS, in that it appeared to have less than half the pyro of Illuminations, and my personal preference is pyro over projections or screens.

The only thing that I can figure is that once you invest in the actual projection hardware, your cost is minimal to continue using it. If you have a show that is all pyro, you are paying every night for that pyro. So a show that is heavy on projections will be a much cheaper show in the long run.

That was one of the things I disliked about HarmoniUS, in that it appeared to have less than half the pyro of Illuminations, and my personal preference is pyro over projections or screens.
But HEA had quite a bit more pyro than Wishes did, so the cost of that would be higher.

But HEA had quite a bit more pyro than Wishes did, so the cost of that would be higher.
I will have to go back and watch some videos online. I don’t recall Wishes well enough to compare them. I do expect the shows to be more projection and less pyro going forward, at both MK and Epcot, now that the hardware is in place.

I heard people were getting into fights over the merchandise. Friggin so ridiculous. Sorry OP, I saw video from Oct. 1 and it looked like it sucked. Ignore the pixie dust snorters on these boards, they will defend Disney NO MATTER what evil thing that company does.

I was there and if you weren’t an idiot you probably had a great time. It just sucks that Disney did the bare minimum; but it was one of the best days in the parks I’ve ever had.

I was there and if you weren’t an idiot you probably had a great time. It just sucks that Disney did the bare minimum; but it was one of the best days in the parks I’ve ever had.
It was great for rides that day. Weather was nice, too, but the merch aspect was an utter disaster.

If you didn't care about any dated souveniers it was perfect! but a lot of people did hope to get a memento and were disappointed. I would say Disney lovers include a lot of collectors and it may have been stressful for them. We only wanted AP pins, and got them, but it was still pretty stressful. It didn't have to be like that.

It was great for rides that day. Weather was nice, too, but the merch aspect was an utter disaster.

If you didn't care about any dated souveniers it was perfect! but a lot of people did hope to get a memento and were disappointed. I would say Disney lovers include a lot of collectors and it may have been stressful for them. We only wanted AP pins, and got them, but it was still pretty stressful. It didn't have to be like that.

What makes it even more ridiculous is that the next day there was a ton of day-of merchandise being sold in Epcot!

DD and I had a great day. Met lots of fun people in the parks, the ride lines manageable.

HOWEVER, the Emporium that morning? During covid they counted people and kept a line outside. THIS???? I have never been in such an unsafe environment. The store was packed. You could not move in any direction. Not a concert or anywhere in my life was it that uncontrollable.

Zero planning.

I made my way out and dd accidentally got in a line with stuff she wanted. I rode SM at 7;20 while she dealt with that mess.

Yes it was a great day. Yes I expected hiccups. BUT the lack of communication, lack of compassion from mgmt? I saw so many suits walking. "we are working so hard today" I would hear them say. REALLY? I only see you walking in safe groups while we deal with lack of actual working personnel.

Also they did not manage the roads. It is not hard to set up the orange dividers and keep a lane open for resort guests etc. Steakhouse 71 was 2 hours behind because employees could not get to work or find ample parking. Again did they not expect this???

For what it is worth it was us the guests that made the day amazing. Everyone was so happy and I was thankful to have the opportunity. :flower1:

I guess I need to re-watch Enchantment because I enjoyed it. However, you have to understand that I watched the debut of Harmonious the night before and thought that was the worst nighttime show I had seen. So comparing the two, Enchantment was miles more enjoyable than the barge debacle.

I guess I need to re-watch Enchantment because I enjoyed it. However, you have to understand that I watched the debut of Harmonious the night before and thought that was the worst nighttime show I had seen. So comparing the two, Enchantment was miles more enjoyable than the barge debacle.
I actually feel opposite, I've warmed to Harmonious but still hate Enchantment, simply because I'm comparing them directly to their predecessors. HEA is just miles above Enchantment in every way possible. I'm still hardcore Illuminations fan but Harmonious is undeniably the better visual spectacle (but definitely not worth the barges and Stargate).

Had a great day at MK on Oct 1. Saw the 6:00am line on Twitter so we decided to wait until actual opening. I did place a sleepy hollow order at 7:00am knowing the slots would book up. Took the boat from the Poly at 8:00am and walked in with no wait. We did get a little nervous walking down Main Street with the massive lines for the the emporium, but once we passed through the hub the rest of the park was fine. After hitting the I’m here prepare my food button at 8:00 we had our waffles within 5 minutes. We found an empty spot behind the Christmas shop and ate our breakfast alone (literally no people in sight). We then managed to get on 7 opening day attractions and space mountain and never waited more than 5 minutes. We were seated for our skipper canteen ADR within 5 minutes and had a great lunch. We passed back through town square and waved to Tim Tracker as we walked through. At that point we went back to the hotel for a nap, and when we arrived Donald and Goofy were at the resort in their new 50th gear for pictures. After our nap we went to the Poly lobby for free POG a juice and headed back to MK for dinner at BOG. On our way to Fantasyland we walked through the castle and ran into Tim Tracker again and chatted for a few minutes. Dinner was great. Afterward we were able to hit the rest of the opening day attractions. We decided to skip the new fireworks show to avoid the crowd and instead had nearly our own boat on Pirates and Jungle Cruise and were in the Haunted Mansion stretching room with only 3 other guests. We headed back to the Tomorrowland speedway which was a walk on and at the exit and picked up the the only souvenir I bought that day: Tomorrowland Soeedway drivers licenses that has our pictures and Oct 1, 2021 printed on the front. While exiting the speedway we met Jackie from Super Enthused and headed back to the resort launch. The best part of our day was the boat ride home having Mallory the boat captain sing When you Wish Upon a Star to us. I have probably been to the Magic Kingdom 100 times, but this was my favorite day I’ve ever had there.

Disney allowed guests into the parks by 6AM on 1 OCT.

We stayed at the Poly, before DVC/resort guests even realized what had happened, the 0800 opening at the MK was already a case of “too late”. The line to get into the Emporium spanned the whole of Main Street by 0700. That was as good as it got on 1 OCT.

Pete Werner relayed to us the contents of a conversation he had with an executive who said that the days of Disney packing the parks full was over. Pete was lied to. On 1 OCT, Disney opened the flood gates and they had neither the staff nor the logistics to handle the crowd. It showed. I felt so bad for the cast members, the situation was so bad that the cast members never had control of the crowd at the fireworks show. It was awful. Numerous cast members said MK was at 100% of the cap and most thought the cap was 70% or higher. One, ONE, cast member said he knew it was 100% at the 50% limit because they didn’t have enough cast members to handle even that.

The icing on this garbage cake was that the new show “Disney Enchantment”, is awful. There is no story to be told there. It’s random IP, with some woke virtue signaling, shown on the castle under equally random fireworks. It was its own train wreck.

Do not come here to see that garbage show. It’s not worth a free ticket. We’ve been here a week now, AK, EPCOT, andHS were fantastic. MK was garbage on 1 OCT, hopefully on 2 OCT it will be less awful.

John

First of all - don't tell people what to do. This is your opinion. Don't force feed it on others.

Secondly. I was there on the 1st. I arrived at 6:30 am and yes, there was a line down Main Street for the Emporium. My nephew arrived at 5:30 am and walked into the Emporium with no line. He was also able to get into the Bog Top Anniversary Shop through the kindness of someone who had an extra spot in their party. All the cast members I met did not look stressed and most of all the crowd was really well-behaved but for a few exceptions. Shopping, Dining, and Fireworks were busy but we walked on several several attractions with little or no wait.
Disney allowed guests into the parks by 6AM on 1 OCT.

We stayed at the Poly, before DVC/resort guests even realized what had happened, the 0800 opening at the MK was already a case of “too late”. The line to get into the Emporium spanned the whole of Main Street by 0700. That was as good as it got on 1 OCT.

Pete Werner relayed to us the contents of a conversation he had with an executive who said that the days of Disney packing the parks full was over. Pete was lied to. On 1 OCT, Disney opened the flood gates and they had neither the staff nor the logistics to handle the crowd. It showed. I felt so bad for the cast members, the situation was so bad that the cast members never had control of the crowd at the fireworks show. It was awful. Numerous cast members said MK was at 100% of the cap and most thought the cap was 70% or higher. One, ONE, cast member said he knew it was 100% at the 50% limit because they didn’t have enough cast members to handle even that.

The icing on this garbage cake was that the new show “Disney Enchantment”, is awful. There is no story to be told there. It’s random IP, with some woke virtue signaling, shown on the castle under equally random fireworks. It was its own train wreck.

Do not come here to see that garbage show. It’s not worth a free ticket. We’ve been here a week now, AK, EPCOT, andHS were fantastic. MK was garbage on 1 OCT, hopefully on 2 OCT it will be less awful.

John

We stayed at CSR. I was there on the first. We did our homework and asked cast members constantly how that day was being handled. When we heard from several sources that buses would start running at 4:30 am we planned for an early morning. My nephew was at MK at 5:30 and walked into the Emporium. We arrived at 6:30 and the long line had already formed. My nephew is a former CM in MK (Skipper on Jungle Cruise) and had several friends who still work at MK. None of the vibe we got from them was that it was a disaster. They were prepared but things happen even on a regular Disney day. After my nephew shopped at Emporium he thought he had a spot in VQ for Big Top but never got a confirmation. He walked the line until he met someone who kindly let him use the 1 spot they had left in their party. We saw the opening show at the castle - then stashed our merchandise in two small lockers we got earlier (knowing they would probably sell out early). Had a breakfast at the tables near the Plaza restaurant. This was always a tradition on an MK day. We spent the rest of the day strolling the park and walked on several attractions with little or no wait. Had a 5 pm ADR at Skipper's which we really enjoyed then looked for a spot near Casey's for Enchantment. We didn't immediately fall in love with Enchantment but watched a 2nd time on 10/3 and it's growing on us. Overall it was a really enjoyable day. We set our sights low because of the anticipated crowds and were pleasantly surprised.

Maybe a little attitude adjustment would have helped the OP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter