Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

When Wishes (which I loved), switched to HEA, I was worried and sad prior to seeing it. My DH at the time put my mind at ease saying, "it's Disney, they won't mess this up, it's going to be great." And when I went and saw HEA, I LOVED IT.
I was looking forward to this new show, even though I thought it was not a long enough run for HEA. We all sat and watched together, and after my DH said, "wow, Disney dropped the ball on that one". He is always impressed with what Disney does as a company. He was unimpressed with this show... as were all of the rest of us in the room.
I really hope this is short lived and something better, or something from before (HEA or WISHES), is put in it's place.
Not everything is going to be great, not all changes are good. But, there seems to be more misses than hits for Disney right now. Where is the emotion, where is the story telling, where is the magic???
If I am the magic, then I will just save my thousands of dollars and stay home.

I will reserve judgement until I see it in person, but it seems that the official stream of this was overly dark. The short clips I've seen from Vloggers looked considerably better.

Well...it was better than Harmonious. I expect IP at Magic kingdom and have no issue with it here. Very happy to have an original song in this fireworks show, but it's not as catchy as happily ever after. DH wasn't happy with the narration, said it sounded 'off'. Angela Bassett sounds good narrating hall of presidents, but this narration didn't do it for us. Enchantment would be fine as a normal nightly show, but I expected more for the 50th. Glad Tink is still flying, but it doesn't sound like it's a major part of the storyline (what storyline) like Wishes, where it made sense. And that seems to be the problem with the last couple of shows...Wishes had a storyline, HEA and enchantment have themes. I was also expecting "more" for main street based on all the hype....but since I would never be standing on a packed main street during fireworks, I'm actually good with that. :-). We'll certainly go see it next tIme we're at Disney, we try to see all the shows in person at least once.

This morning I viewed The DIS video (probably produced by Craig), and just like with Harmonious, The DIS video is superior to the Disney produced one IMHO. I was underwhelmed last night night. Today, after viewing Craig's work, I feel a little bit better about Enchantment. Happily Ever After and Wishes were still much better.

I am beyond disappointed that Chapek has literally DESTROYED all night time shows. Zero Emotion what so ever. No tears. What the hell is going on! People STOP ACCEPTING MEDIOCRITY, and forcing yourself to like something that obviously has no heart and no thought. This isn't the same as replacing wishes. This is just bad
MEME_thanos_superweenie-700x368.jpg

Last edited:
I am beyond disappointed that Chapek has literally DESTROYED all night time shows. Zero Emotion what so ever. No tears. What the hell is going on!
Maybe it's us. If we are the magic, and we are not feeling it, maybe we are the problem. LOL
To be honest, the way I'm feeling after being away at the parks for so long, it wouldn't take much for me to tear up and be excited for anything new at Disney.
But this show really does lack any emotion.

It was nice, but I liked Harmonius better.

You may have really liked Harmonious (I don’t know), but this comment truly concerns me as I did not watch Enchantment and I really disliked Harmonious… lol… oh no!!!

You may have really liked Harmonious (I don’t know), but this comment truly concerns me as I did not watch Enchantment and I really disliked Harmonious… lol… oh no!!!
Harmonious was better. Honestly, it's very sad. We all said we would skip MK fireworks next trip and probably just go see the Epcot show. Complete opposite of our previous trips.

The best thing I recall from last night is Christina singing Mulan, probably the only thing I have ever liked about this movie-one and done. Why they didn't use her version in Harmonious who knows.

One thing that really struck me last night was watching the Bob's trying to grandstand on stage. Chapeck has ZERO Charisma when he speaks, this is what I see and hear in both Harmonious and Enchantment, as he probably LOVED them.

These shows are not designed for the old loyal fans from yesterday, the are geared to the one and done. If anyone has never seen or felt the connection to Wishes, Illuminations, HEA etc. Both Harmonious and Enchantment will be the greatest thing they ever saw.

Unfortunately, I have some bad news for you regarding Regan…
They could wheel him in from the hall of presidents :D. Might as well bring Lincoln with him, since he was such an iconic part of Walt's history. In either case, they would be more animated than Chapek.

I think the entire Imagineering department might need some reevaluating.
This has me worried about Splash mountain. I know Tony Baxter offered to come back and help with it, but I highly doubt he would be that influential on the project. I want to be wrong but I think they're going to turn it into something subpar to what we have. There's so much to replace on Splash as well as so much real estate, you know they're going to try and do it on the cheapek.

You are so spot on. I'm totally into the Disney nostalgia, and would have loved seeing it for the 50th.
But I also have young daughters, 8 and 5, and THEIR Disney is Princess and the Frog, Moana, Frozen, Coco, etc. As much as I try, the classics don't capture their hearts like they did mine.
This show is not for my generation, I would have personally preferred something different, but I'm sure my girls will LOVE Enchantment (and they wouldn't care for the nostalgia that most of us here long for).

I guess it depends on the kid. I've got a 2 year old OBSESSED with mickey and the fab 5. Could care less about the princesses. (And we named her after one! haha)

Last edited:
Iger what are you doing there? Let Chapek succeed or fail on his own.

Buddy boy is definitely on company probation after the whole ScarJo affair. Given the reactions here to all the new entertainment he might have to start using Iger as a personal shield while he's out and about on his personal days too.

I will reserve judgement until I see it in person, but it seems that the official stream of this was overly dark. The short clips I've seen from Vloggers looked considerably better.

I agree. I was very unimpressed last night, but I just watched Craig's video and it looks so much better than that hot mess Disney put out. You can actually see the projections. It appears that Disney has taken down their video from Youtube. I guess they realized it wasn't shot properly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter