Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

Weeks ago my young adult son said he'd watch enchantment online before our trip (he doesn't mind spoilers) and let us know if it's worth staking out a viewing spot for 1-2hrs. If it's not, he said, we can do some more rides.
He hasn't watched yet. Judging by this thread, I guess I know what he's going to say.
I'm OK with that. Loved Wishes. Wanted to hate HEA (being loyal to Wishes) but LOVED HEA from day one! Enchantment was going to be a tough act to follow.

Watching the video, that was one of the things that stood out.
Around the hub, it looked crowded as expected. The shots they had from Main Street, it nearly looked empty. For the first night, I expected every inch of Main Street to be filled and the video didn't look like it at all.
They had talked about all of Main Street being used for this. Well a few projections down Main Street, I guess meets the criteria, but I was expecting more.
That was because this was a media event, it was closed to the general pop.

Watching the video, that was one of the things that stood out.
Around the hub, it looked crowded as expected. The shots they had from Main Street, it nearly looked empty. For the first night, I expected every inch of Main Street to be filled and the video didn't look like it at all.
They had talked about all of Main Street being used for this. Well a few projections down Main Street, I guess meets the criteria, but I was expecting more.
It was a media only night. The park was closed.

Beyond disappointed. No Walt, no Mickey, no nostalgia, seriously who is coming up with this stuff, have they any clue about Disney magic?!?

Zero emotion. Last night we all sat here and cried watching the last HEA. We are now speechless and numb, frankly sad.

Bob..... you are completely depleting WDW of its soul, your intro was cringe worthy at best. Perhaps having a paid actor (such as Ronald Regan) help with the intro and that mouse guy.... his name is Mickey.

I was expecting the show to be a celebration of 50 years of the Magic Kingdom. Maybe second viewing will be better. My 12 year old son liked it so maybe I need to watch it with no expectations.

With everything talking about Wishes I had to go back and watch it since it was before our Disney lives - they had the fireworks down, loved it and the children's choir part - they really tied the theme to the story perfectly. I also like that they didn't have projections so you didn't have to kill yourself (or someone else) to stake a spot out in front of the castle 3 hours early.

This is the 50th BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY/CELEBRATION of .....

the MAGIC KINGDOM - THE PARK (and the beginnings of Disney World)!

The content is right there, handed to you and all they came up with was a commercial for Disney Studios/Movies and Disney Plus. This is a temporary show just for the 50th! make it about 50 years in the MK!

WHERE was Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Pirates, Ghost Hitchhikers, Small World, Alice in Wonderland, Tiki Birds, Country Bears ..... where was a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow? Did I miss Snow White? So many good quotes they could have put in it. They completely dissed those we are celebrating. I am just so disappointed .... and embarrassed for Disney.

I get that maybe you don't have the creative people or budgets you once had, and yeah they might have come up short in Epcot and Animal Kingdom ............... but the work was done in Magic Kingdom and yet corporate thought .... hey lets push a whole bunch of IPs that aren't even in the Magic Kingdom. Where is the creative table that bounces ideas and that person says "Hey, why not use the music and characters from the park?" Yes, you can celebrate throughout the resort, push some IPs and make it fun .... but the Magic Kingdom should be celebrated, yet it was ignored.

The castle projections are always great, but they came off without transition. The fireworks were disjointed but I'll not gripe until I see in person that is hard to transmit on moving live stream. I think Main Street looked cool and too bad it's likely only during the show because people will cram in there.

I just want to cry - and not in a good way. :sad2:

EDITED I have been told Cinderella was a flash on the castle, easy to miss and no recollection of any music related to her or her castle, the base of the show.

Last edited:
Soul wasn’t good at all. Just my opinion. But to echo the running theme- no Walt and/or Mickey??? These executive clowns should be ashamed of themselves.

I felt like their choices were more about "inclusivity" than "nostalgia" which we all know Disney is pushing hard right now. It's good to represent everyone but if overdone it just ruins things.

The fireworks were good, glad to see Tinkerbell, but it really felt like the Moana show for a while. While the modern Disney movies are good, their music doesn’t make as many people as emotional as the classics do. It does feel like the great films of the past are being phased out now, perhaps catering to new generations.

I guess most of my disappointment stems from being such a big fan of HEA and being bummed that it's gone; but I was excited for this and it let me down. It really felt like they copied HEA and just replaced the soundtrack and animations. I was hoping for something different and original and a unique use of the extended projection mapping along Main Street USA and this didn't deliver on any of those expectations.

Glad there are some people who liked it. It's beat for beat an attempt to replicate the emotion of HEA, so I can understand how it might hit people who liked the music or had a stronger connection to the movies highlighted in a different way than myself.

I hope this disappears after the 50th celebration. Honestly, I think they should scrap it now, apologize, bring back HEA for a few months and develop a new show fitting for the 50th celebration for next spring.

To be clear these shows can't all be the fault of Bob, either one. There are a lot of people who help make these decisions when a new show is being created, and planning begins years in advance. I'm not even sure Bob would be the one signing off on this when there is a head of each park to make these decisions. I know Bob is the face and voice of the company, and l plenty of blame can go his way, but I always remember that this is a conglomerate and not just the theme parks.

I wonder if because Disney floundered a little with their films in the late 90s-early 2000s, they had to be more creative with park stuff because they couldn’t rely on new IPs.

But now since the movies are better, they can just slap them anywhere.

But it’s great that Moana has such a prominent place in this show since she will soon have an attaction in Adventureland!

Oh wait… no, that’s going in Epcot.
Yeah this all makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter