Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

But honestly, as much as I love "Moana" (one of our fave Disney movies) and the Frozen movies, they dont make me think of Walt and his legacy. I mean, this is big--- its the 50th !! How about "Mary Poppins", "Cinderella", "Snow White", etc-- More classics.. (Um, and MICKEY!!). instead of the newer movies?
[/QUOTE]

YES! Mary Poppins would have been fantastic!!! So many wonderful classics missing!

I loved Wishes. I didn't care for HEA at first and now I adore it and wish I'd been able to see it in person one more time.

My first reaction to Enchanted...I seem to be on my own here but I loved it. The lyrics made me emotional straight away and I did feel there's a story there, just not as strong as the ones that have come before but definitely one that resonated with me. Some parts I felt were a little slow (but I felt the same about parts of both previous shows) but I LOVED the Frozen section. As soon as Into the Unknown kicked in, I knew it had me 100%.

I definitely cried. For me, that's when I know it worked.

This is really the best they can do for the 50th.?
Really disappointed. I can say it was better than Harmonious, but that's a really low bar.
Again, where is the story?
I adored Wishes! I really liked HEA. It had a cohesive story, great music, fireworks and projections.
I totally missed any story here, nearly no emotion. Great fireworks.
I didn't care for the music or most of the vocals. After the amazing projections of HEA, these seemed really lazy.
Will still see in person, but much like harmonious, looks to be a one and done.

Was Walt a part of this thing at all?
No Walt
No Mickey
No Minnie
No Donald
No Pluto
No Goofy
No Snow White
No Maleficent
No Sleeping Beauty
No Lion King
No POTC
No Haunted Mansion
No 7 Dwarfs
No Merida
No Esmerelda
No Mulan
No Pocahontas
No Jiminy Cricket
No Peter Pan
No Petes Dragon
No Pinnocchio
No (insert any other Disney movie/character/ride here)

Yes Moana
Yes Tiana
Yes Moana
Yes Frozen II
Yes to 5 seconds of Beauty and the Beast
Yes Moana
Yes Allladdin
Yes to more Moana
Yes Ariel
Yes Miguel
Yes to a few things Ive never seen before

No Walt
No Mickey
No Minnie
No Donald
No Pluto
No Goofy
No Snow White
No Maleficent
No Sleeping Beauty
No Lion King
No POTC
No Haunted Mansion
No 7 Dwarfs
No Merida
No Esmerelda
No Mulan
No Pocahontas
No Jiminy Cricket
No Peter Pan
No Petes Dragon
No Pinnocchio

Yes Moana
Yes Tiana
Yes Moana
Yes Frozen II
Yes Moana
Yes Allladdin
Yes to more Moana
Yes Ariel
Yes Miguel

This is just utterly absurd and disrespectful to the legacy of the man who started this and to the place that is being “celebrated”.

It was better than harmoniUS but not as good as wishes or HEA. I wish it would have celebrated the park more (park attractions). This just celebrated the company (which is ok) but this is a park anniversary. The only thing that was hard to stomach was the narrator being overly dramatic. Glad there was no live action stuff. Very heavy on the fireworks (which were beautiful).

No Walt
No Mickey
No Minnie
No Donald
No Pluto
No Goofy
No Snow White
No Maleficent
No Sleeping Beauty
No Lion King
No POTC
No Haunted Mansion
No 7 Dwarfs
No Merida
No Esmerelda
No Mulan
No Pocahontas
No Jiminy Cricket
No Peter Pan
No Petes Dragon
No Pinnocchio

Yes Moana
Yes Tiana
Yes Moana
Yes Frozen II
Yes Moana
Yes Allladdin
Yes to more Moana
Yes Ariel
Yes Miguel

And there was like 5 seconds of Joe from Soul in there. I believe right before Beauty and the Beast.

And there was like 5 seconds of Joe from Soul in there. I believe right before Beauty and the Beast.
Which is telling how long they worked on it, cuz didn't that come out this year? And it wasn't even all that good

No Walt
No Mickey
No Minnie
No Donald
No Pluto
No Goofy
No Snow White
No Maleficent
No Sleeping Beauty
No Lion King
No POTC
No Haunted Mansion
No 7 Dwarfs
No Merida
No Esmerelda
No Mulan
No Pocahontas
No Jiminy Cricket
No Peter Pan
No Petes Dragon
No Pinnocchio

Yes Moana
Yes Tiana
Yes Moana
Yes Frozen II
Yes Moana
Yes Allladdin
Yes to more Moana
Yes Ariel
Yes Miguel
Soul was there for about 3 seconds also

That was about as exciting as going to Target to shop for Disney merch. Just no excitement. The music sounded like the resort TV music.
Show never seemed to gain ground and take off. Excited I won't have to stand in the hub for 2 hours to watch it.
I'll probably be back here in a year saying how much I like it.
Disney doing a great job of lowering my expectations while doubling the cost of every trip.

Really glad most everyone hates everything recently. Means there will be lower lines,.
Watching the video, that was one of the things that stood out.
Around the hub, it looked crowded as expected. The shots they had from Main Street, it nearly looked empty. For the first night, I expected every inch of Main Street to be filled and the video didn't look like it at all.
They had talked about all of Main Street being used for this. Well a few projections down Main Street, I guess meets the criteria, but I was expecting more.

It wasn’t bad there were parts I loved but it could have been way better. Why couldn’t Mickey narrate this show and the children’s choir sing for it? I really don’t know why they don’t always have a character of some sort narrating, but it’s the 50th it should be Mickey or a Walt sound alike! Ugh…Disney… WHY?!? And what happened to the Almost There song? Singers were good but the arrangement was a disaster. I just watched Wishes after and I’d really like to have fireworks back in the MK. 😔

Around the hub, it looked crowded as expected. The shots they had from Main Street, it nearly looked empty. For the first night, I expected every inch of Main Street to be filled and the video didn't look like it at all.
They had talked about all of Main Street being used for this. Well a few projections down Main Street, I guess meets the criteria, but I was expecting more.

This was a media only after hours event. There were no paying guests in the park.

it was a media event after park closed. Debut to day guests tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter