Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

I actually liked this one…maybe because I love all Moana and frozen songs. I think it had a message. It had plenty of fireworks…

projections were so so…but maybe because it was over a stream. This one is better than harmonious for sure.

This felt like the last 50 months not 50 years. No Mickey? No Legacy? This was just one modern IP after another. I mean I love Disney music but for a show that is supposed to celebrate 50 years... It doesn't.

Honestly if this was just a new show, I would be pleased. But again nothing says 'wow look at what has happened in 50 years'.

This always happens live because the speakers are back behind the camera. You see their lips move before you hear anything.
Nope.
The actual audio sync is/was off electronically. Digital latency problems.

It’s HEA with a worse soundtrack (significantly worse IMO). The beats are exactly the same, just different IP highlighted. HEA was a big hit for me, this fell really flat.

Also, I like Moana; it’s a good movie with some catchy songs. But you’d think Moana was Walt’s creation that spurred a media and theme park behemoth from the shine that movie is getting in these new shows.

Like, in a “good way”?

Regarding the fireworks at least, yeah. I was pleasantly surprised overall.
PROS:
Lots of fireworks
Some of the music was good

CONS:
The female narrator's voice just didn't do it for me
NO Pirates of the Carribbean
NO Lion King
NO Snow White
NO Mickey Mouse (huh?)
Didn't care for most of the music but some of it was ok
Why did they choose music from Frozen II instead of Frozen (the original movie's soundtrack is MUCH more memorable).
Wasn't thrilled with the projections on Main Street. They really hyped that up and that part was just dull.
Not enough references to Classic Disney. I mean, if you're gonna celebrate 50 years, then you need more than Cinderella from the old days.

Well that was disappointing. I much, much prefer HEA. Impressive fireworks but I really disliked the music. I think I may even prefer Harmonious to this.

It might be better in person, but I also remember being awestruck by HEA streaming and it made me tear up via streaming alone. Not this one.

okay i liked this WAY more than harmonious. Felt very Disney, good original music. it isn't as good as HEA. out of ten i'd give HEA an 8, this a 6, harmonious a 2 or 3. enchantment just missing that big crescendo you get form Out There and Go the distance

and how in the world in a show with the theme "you are the magic" did they pick Into the Unknown over Show Yourself? The theme of show yourself is literally ELSA IS THE MAGIC. also the singers in Into the Unknown were REALLY flat.

I'd at least be willing to go see this, and i think it will grow on me as i watch it more. unlike harmonious which i doubt i'll ever set aside park time to see more than once.

The best thing about this is that we no longer have to stake out a spot for it. We can just ride some rides while everyone else is queuing up and then catch the fireworks from somewhere else in the park. The music and projections left me cold, but the fireworks were fun.

I liked the music and fireworks better here than HEA. Wishes was still better, but this one had a story.

We all excitedly watched it, and we all felt the same way. The projections were nowhere near as fun and interesting as HEA. The music was not great. The emotion wasn't there... even when Tinkerbell flew by, no one even noticed... there was no buildup, no excitement. The actual fireworks were lovely. We all felt that we would go see it but weren't feeling like it was a must do like with Wishes or Happily Ever After.

Meh.
Much better than Harmonious from a musical standpoint - it had transitions! It mashed up multiple songs successfully! My bar is so low! (But whyyy could they not fix how flat the singer was on Into the Unknown?).
I expected a lot more from the Main Street projections considering what Disneyland did with them like 7 years ago. These seemed dim
I felt like the projections on the castle, though brighter than previous shows, were a lot harder to see because there was so much going on on the castle itself in terms of patterns/medallion/gold-wrapped roofs/etc. Maybe this wasn't the case in person?
It didn't seem like there was much of a 'storyline' and the whole 'enchantment' thing was shoehorned in, but I'm also not a huge fan of the MK shows in general so maybe I'm missing the point and nitpicking.

Mostly I just don't get where Disney is going with stuff for the 50th. With the exception of one small line of merchandise (out of a half-dozen lines), there's just no nostalgia. I don't mean they're not succeeding at making me nostalgic, I mean they don't even seem to be trying for nostalgia. From the ads to Harmonious to this. Almost nothing older than 5 years (except Night on Bald Mountain out of nowhere?). No references to in-park music, attractions, etc. Disneyland managed to get every Californian nostalgic for one parade with a single ad 5 years ago...and WDW doesn't seem to care about that particular emotion even though it's like 80% of their business model (e.g. parents taking kids for a trip like they had when they were little). Help me understand.

This felt like the last 50 months not 50 years. No Mickey? No Legacy? This was just one modern IP after another. I mean I love Disney music but for a show that is supposed to celebrate 50 years... It doesn't.

I thought maybe I missed Mickey but yeah, if we both didn’t miss it, HOW CAN THEY SKIP MICKEY? No Minnie?

Its like they don’t want to celebrate their 50 years history…

I dunno…

People who want to give this a pass because of the live stream, to back and watch the HEA debut. People were going nuts and overwhelmed. You could hear it on the crowd and people online could not Believe what they were hearing and seeing.
All you see now is “well hopefully it’s better in person”. This 50th is a joke.

I was thinking about this exact thing watching tonight. When I watched the live stream premiere of HEA from home, my heart was about to burst and I could not believe what I was seeing and hearing. Seeing it in person, every one of the 10+ times, was breathtaking. Tonight, I was so hopeful... I did not hate it, but it didn't come close to the feeling HEA produced. And I know it was just media there tonight but the polite golf claps from the crowd kind of said something. I'm a little sad. Just a little.

Wow. How do you rededicate the Magic Kingdom and not include Mickey Mouse?! What about “it was all started by a mouse”? Mickey should have pressed the button!

The whole thing seemed like a low budget, school production. Audio and video didn’t match, which made it seem like lip-syncing. There was no “story” except for feel good “you are special” thrown at you with random characters in songs that they don’t belong in. I’m disappointed because I know Disney can do better. Why do they keep not doing better?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter