Disney Dream August 10 -13

We are going too!
This is our family's 5th cruise, but we are cruising with MIL, SIL & family as well(it's their first Disney cruise!) - all 11 of us!

There is also an FB group that was started a couple of months ago as well.

Oh that's wonderful ! I'm so glad to hear from folks who will be going too. This being our first cruise we are looking for all the tips we can get. We also want to join a fish extenders group. I don't have FB but my daughter does. I'm not sure how to go about that. I don't think your allowed to give info on this board about it. But if there's a way my daughter does FB so let me know.

Just booked our cruise over the weekend! We are first time cruisers and we are excited to spend a few days on the water with The Mouse!

Hello Baker Family,
Hooray ! Glad to know you'll be sailing with Mickey too. Please pass on any tips or information This is also my families first trip with the Mouse.

I feel like we learn something new each time we cruise or vacation(heck, sometimes each DAY at this point).

I am no expert, I just know what works for us.

#1 - If you have a Target Red Card - buy Disney gift cards with your Target Red card for 5% off ($95 for an $100 card).
You can use it to pay for ANYTHING charged to your onboard account (shopping on ship, drinks, gratuities, excursions, etc).
5% doesn't seem like much, but it adds up.
NOTE: you can also pay your cruise balance down with gift cards, we booked through Costco and are paying off our balance with Disney gift cards.
That being said, we combine our gift cards online (up to $1000 per card) to make payoff easier.

#2 - During online check-in pre-register for the kids club. Prior to boarding, we always verify with the kids club to make sure they are set up.
Then visit the kids clubs the first day (during open house) - open house is the ONLY time adults can really look around, take pictures, etc.
We have to set a rule that the kids eat dinner with us - they NEVER want to leave the kids clubs.

#3 - Install the disney cruise app before you arrive at the port. It will only work on the ship, but trying to download it last minute could be stressful.
We use the app to check the schedule, texting the kiddos and don't really use the wave phone(I have a fear of losing the wave phone).

#4 - Look at navigators from the same itinerary to get an idea of what a day looks like.
I was OVERWHELMED the first day when I saw that navigator - how are we going to do everything we WANT to do?
if you google "personal navigator disney dream" - there is a blog that has lots of them to look through.

#5 - You can't do everything. There is no way, too many activities and you'll stress yourself out on vacation.
We watched videos on youtube about the Disney Dream to get an idea, and make a "must do list".

Our "Must Do List"
-ride the aquaduck at night
-play mini golf at least once
-Mid-ship detective agency
-see the shows (can't wait to see Beauty & the Beast!)
-castaway cay 5k as a family
-eat something NEW every day

And don't forget to have FUN!

Welcome !

Did you enjoy your cruise ? Was this your first time cruising with Disney ? Do you have any suggestions for must do's on the Dream ?

Last edited:
This was my 7th cruise- just a short weekend getaway with some friends who hadn’t cruised before. We spent a lot of time enjoying the adult areas and the Rainforest room- so relaxing. My main must do’s for you would be the shows- they are amazing and I love all 3. Otherwise don’t try to do everything- pick one or two things each day you want to do and go from there.

Great advice,
We're so excited we do need to come up with a plan so we get the most out of our vacation.
Do you know what shows are playing on the Dream ? And is it the same shows all the time ?
Also my daughter and son inlaw are wondering about adult activities. Are there activities for adults ?

The 3 shows are the Golden Mickeys, Beauty and the Beast and Believe. They are the same shows on all the 3 nights. After 9pm there is an adult only district that has game shows, music, etc. it’s usually a lot of fun. In the daytime there are adult only pools and sundecks, as well as a spa and fitness area. The rainforest room is very nice and I highly recommend getting a day pass for it. You can buy a one day pass ahead of time by calling DCL (stateroom gifts and amenities http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/. Or you can buy a length of cruise pass once on board.

What excursions or activities has everyone signed up for that’s on this cruise?

DD16 and I will be doing the catamaran sail and snorkel in Nassau, and the sting ray feed and snorkel on CC. And I signed up for the 4:30 mixology on CC day.

67 days to go!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter