Disney dining card?

disorganizedchaos

Mouseketeer
My aunt gave me an unused gift card for my trip in a couple weeks. I’ve never seen this type before and it won’t load/transfer/show the balance on the Disney gift card site. The receipt with it says it was loaded with $100 on 12/27/2016 so there should be funds available. The website on the back doesn’t exist anymore. Any ideas?

Attachments

• BB30A73A-4C66-422C-97FE-409C5B0681DE.jpeg
    BB30A73A-4C66-422C-97FE-409C5B0681DE.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 0B91BE42-C41B-4A68-ABC1-2590C8BB1212.jpeg
    0B91BE42-C41B-4A68-ABC1-2590C8BB1212.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 35
My aunt gave me an unused gift card for my trip in a couple weeks. I’ve never seen this type before and it won’t load/transfer/show the balance on the Disney gift card site. The receipt with it says it was loaded with $100 on 12/27/2016 so there should be funds available. The website on the back doesn’t exist anymore. Any ideas?

Where did your aunt get the card? Did she stay at a 'Good Neighbor' hotel? I know WDW ran a promo for people staying at Good Neighbor (and maybe Swolphin??) hotels who bought a vacation package, and Disney gave dining cards as part of the promo. Wondering if the card is from that?? I'm thinking that was still going on in 2016, maybe 2017....?

ETA: You cannot load it to other GC's because it's only good at specific restaurants.

Where did your aunt get the card? Did she stay at a 'Good Neighbor' hotel? I know WDW ran a promo for people staying at Good Neighbor (and maybe Swolphin??) hotels who bought a vacation package, and Disney gave dining cards as part of the promo. Wondering if the card is from that?? I'm thinking that was still going on in 2016, maybe 2017....?

ETA: You cannot load it to other GC's because it's only good at specific restaurants.

I’ll ask her in the morning. The receipt says it was purchased at Magic Kingdom...

Called the number on the back of the card this morning on my way home from work. The CM had no idea what I was talking about. She was able to look up a brief description that said the card was good for “dining only with some exclusions” ummm ok? She said guest services might be able to provide me with more info but they aren’t there until Monday at 10 am EST. Okey dokey then :confused:

That really is odd and such a mystery! I’d definitely ask your aunt where she got it!

I can tell you my kids went on a band trip to Disney last year. They were given these exact kind of cards loaded with $10 each to cover breakfasts at the hotel. I have a bunch of them, each with a tiny bit of unused balance on them. Not sure just where they can be used, but they were at Music and could use them in the food court there. They got a different kind of QS voucher to be used in the parks for lunches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter