Disney Dining and Toddlers

I think it really depends on your toddler. Only you would know best. ^_^;
My DH and I had many trips pre-kids and it was always super easy to snag a last minute 2 person table.
We had the same worry when our oldest was born. We decided to try it and brought her with us to Jiko and Cali Grill with no issues when she was 1.5 years old. She sat in her little booster seat (we brought our own with us) and colored and wasn't fussy in the least. ^_^
We'd definitely taken her out to eat at home before though, so it wasn't that new an experience for her. I think bringing the booster seat that she was familiar and comfortable sitting in helped.
Good luck!

I think your original plans are fine, unless your little one is a screamer or something. We have taken ours to both of those restaurants for dinner since they were toddlers and never felt out of place at all. I bring things to keep them entertained at the table (baby snacks, sticker books or now an ipad/phone) so that we can relax and enjoy our meal. I am super sensitive to disturbing others and would take a child outside if they caused a disruption, but so far, so good. There are always plenty of other children there.

I think your original plans are fine, unless your little one is a screamer or something. We have taken ours to both of those restaurants for dinner since they were toddlers and never felt out of place at all. I bring things to keep them entertained at the table (baby snacks, sticker books or now an ipad/phone) so that we can relax and enjoy our meal. I am super sensitive to disturbing others and would take a child outside if they caused a disruption, but so far, so good. There are always plenty of other children there.
He's super chill, we are very lucky. On our last trip when he was still itty bitty we only had one hiccup at Artist Point and I just walked him around the resort for a bit. The staff was great and able to adjust to a little faster pace when I got back and he had calmed down.

Thank you everyone for your advice. We are currently on staycation at Aulani and he has done great at dinner both nights so far! We have eaten early and can see when he starts to slow down and we need to call it a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter