***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
thelionqueen said:
The overwhelming favorite is batch #2 (that was my favorite too). I am happy with the results, and wish all you other potential tie dyer's lots of fun! Thanks for the posts!! :earsgirl:

I also like batch #2 - I have a question, I tried the tye dye and it came out nice, but I like how your batch #2 has a white border around the mickey head. How did you do it so that there was so much white around the head? I only have some white specks, but I like the effect that yours has. Thanks.

julia & nicks mom said:
Ready - Triple Figs - you are up on deck - I will work on your when my kids go to bed!!

I'm warming up in the batters box right now, hoping I don't strike out at the plate ;)

julia & nicks mom said:
portorleans.jpg

That's another one I've got to make!!! I now officially have more shirts than days of my trip!!

I think someone already asked but I can't find the reply. I've found some great clip art. How can I enlarge it without losing the quality? Is it a special program I need? I've downloaded the trial of PhotoImpact to play with this weekend after school shopping. (Can it be that time already?) TIA

Does anyone know where I can find "Pirates of the Carribean" pirate: clip art? I have tried a bunch of sites, but to no avail! :crazy: Thanks for any help!

thelionqueen said:
Here are my other tie dye shirts. Since I am at home I don't have a cool Magic Kingdom background, but use your imagination and picture us here :goodvibes Let me know which ones you like better & why. All opinions are appreciated...no flames please :goodvibes

We wouldn't flame you! They look awesome! :flower:

JNESWDWMOM when did you download photoimpact and from what site. I keep getting errors when I try. Thanks

Tracy

I found a product at Michaels called Setacolor Soleil. It give a batik like look. The examples on the package was totally awesome. It is a sun resist paint and rather than use leaves for that type of technique I am going to cut out Michey heads.

http://www.pebeo.com/us/index.htm

Here is what I am talking about. I am going to play with it tomorrow while my DD is at school.

I also bought some fabric glitter and fabric glue to put glitter on some of the iron ons to jazz them up a little.

Lisa

kimisabella said:
I also like batch #2 - I have a question, I tried the tye dye and it came out nice, but I like how your batch #2 has a white border around the mickey head. How did you do it so that there was so much white around the head? I only have some white specks, but I like the effect that yours has. Thanks.

To make the white border, I took rubber bands and wrapped really, really tight for about 2" of shirt. For example, instead of just binding 1 rubberband, I used like 10 or so and binded them for about 2 inches. The ink bleeds cuz the shirts are wet, so I wanted to make sure even if it did bleed, I would still have the white border..it worked. I might do it a little bit less next time for a smaller white border, but that's what I did.
Thanks again, good luck!!

That link doesn't take you to it. You have to select products and then Setacolor Soleil.

It is really cool. I can't wait to try it.

Lisa

thelionqueen said:
Here are my other tie dye shirts. Since I am at home I don't have a cool Magic Kingdom background, but use your imagination and picture us here :goodvibes Let me know which ones you like better & why. All opinions are appreciated...no flames please :goodvibes
Batch #2
47b5d907b3127cce935f8a7e847700000015108AbtGzNy0YuW

47b5d907b3127cce935e75cfe46d00000015108AbtGzNy0YuW

Batch #1
47b5d904b3127cce93537231ad9b00000015108AbtGzNy0YuW

47b5d904b3127cce935372242cbe00000015108AbtGzNy0YuW

Great job! Those look great! Your family looks great, too!

LisaInNc said:
I found a product at Michaels called Setacolor Soleil. It give a batik like look. The examples on the package was totally awesome. It is a sun resist paint and rather than use leaves for that type of technique I am going to cut out Michey heads.

http://www.pebeo.com/us/index.htm

Here is what I am talking about. I am going to play with it tomorrow while my DD is at school.

I also bought some fabric glitter and fabric glue to put glitter on some of the iron ons to jazz them up a little.

Lisa
Wow, that stuff is too cool! I'm going to see if I can find it around here.

thelionqueen said:
To make the white border, I took rubber bands and wrapped really, really tight for about 2" of shirt. For example, instead of just binding 1 rubberband, I used like 10 or so and binded them for about 2 inches. The ink bleeds cuz the shirts are wet, so I wanted to make sure even if it did bleed, I would still have the white border..it worked. I might do it a little bit less next time for a smaller white border, but that's what I did.
Thanks again, good luck!!

Great - thanks for the info - I was only using one rubber band around the mickey head and two rubber bands along the "body" of the shirt I guess that's why I didn't get the effect you did - I like the amount of white you have as a border. Thanks for the quick reply, I'm going to have another go at it tomrrow!

TracyA said:
JNESWDWMOM when did you download photoimpact and from what site. I keep getting errors when I try. Thanks

Tracy

It was ulead.com It is a thirty day tial of PhotoImpact 10. Good Luck!

Lionqueen -

I want to warn you that when I go to make my Mickety tye dyes - I will probably fill up your pm box with questions!!!

Those look awesome - I have all my stuff just not the energy to deal with the mess!! Did you use 100% cotton tees?

Whew,

all these shirts look awesome!!!!

I am going with a group in september for night of joy and then for the following week. i would love to do the tie dies for the night of joy and then i have an idea to put everyone's favorite character and their name on iron ons and iron them on,,,,,what do you guys think?

are the tie dies really hard? is there a link to step by step directions on how to do it? i would hate to mess up 16 shirts!!! i really think its fun seeing everyones shirts and getting excited about our trips!!

thanks, wendy :earsgirl:

julia & nicks mom said:
okay - I have a few more

ihavingaball.jpg

monnkeyingaroundak.jpg

incredibles.jpg

incrediblebirthday.jpg

AWESOME!! I love these! Will you be putting them on your t-shirt website for downloads? Thanks!!! :cool1:

J&N's mom. Wow!!!! Thank you soooo much for the design. I am so excited to be part of this wonderfull internet community. Thank you again. I am sure to be using it for this trip. :bounce: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter