Disney cultivating "better customers" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the rising prices at Disney and my buddy Chapeks antics causing the stock to tank, the prospect of a return to the Fort is getting pretty dim.

What Camp Margaritaville DOESN'T want is Cousin Eddie to roll in during the middle of the night and welcome the next morning this way.....

giphy.gif
Funny you should mention Camp Margaritaville.

Here he is:

1649290428965.png

j

We cancelled our Sept trip... I have no interest giving Disney more money when they are deciding to play the politics game- especially when children are involved. We will see if Disney stops pandering, we are going to see what other things there are to explore. It is sad because I feel the magic will be gone if we do go again one day in the future.
Disney is catering and our family is most defiantly NOT in any of the groups they seem to be catering to. I GUESS we will have to check out some Jellystone's to get our Fort fix- there is a huge one here in TX that has a water park and golf carts.

This! I have been trying to turn a blind-eye for the last few years and pretend what is happening, isn't.

The movies they have been making for the past few years are dark, twisted, and full of agenda. Nothing has come out in the last two years worth seeing.

They are removing "princess theme" in a park literally based around Princesses. The irony here is rich.

I'm very fortunate to have so many magical trips with my family when mine were little. Those memories can never be touched or erased. We lived it up to the fullest and I have no regrets.

Unfortunately, Disney has crossed some seriously inappropriate lines this year and they just keep going.

Bottom line, I like Cousin Eddie and they are my people. I will never give another $1 to a company that is dead-set on an agenda that is harmful and confusing to our children.

We are done with Disney. Our 2023 has been cancelled.

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, have a magical day!

We cancelled our Sept trip... I have no interest giving Disney more money when they are deciding to play the politics game- especially when children are involved. We will see if Disney stops pandering, we are going to see what other things there are to explore. It is sad because I feel the magic will be gone if we do go again one day in the future.
Disney is catering and our family is most defiantly NOT in any of the groups they seem to be catering to. I GUESS we will have to check out some Jellystone's to get our Fort fix- there is a huge one here in TX that has a water park and golf carts.

Last edited:
I have issues with Disney nowadays too, especially the CFO's recent comments. But I have some issues with previous comments in this thread. (And without delving into politics because I'm pretty sure y'all might think I'm part of the problem, ha.)

They are removing "princess theme" in a park literally based around Princesses. The irony here is rich.

1) Where are they removing Princesses from Magic Kingdom? Also, was MK really built around Princesses? Fantasyland, maybe, but Adventureland? Tomorrowland? Or, is this referencing another park?

The movies they have been making for the past few years are dark, twisted, and full of agenda. Nothing has come out in the last two years worth seeing.

I haven't seen many of the animated films lately, but Encanto seems pretty popular with kids (and adults!). Not sure how it's dark and twisted? I haven't let the two-year-old watch it yet only because he doesn't have the patience for a full movie and I don't want him to request "We Don't Talk About Bruno" all the darn time.

When Disney started serving alcohol in the parks a few years ago, I thought to myself that was the beginning to the end of Disney as we all knew it. That magical family place we all loved is unfortunately gone forever.

Eh, Disney World has been selling alcohol in the parks for a LONG time. Like, as long as Epcot has been open. Fort Wilderness sells alcohol, too, for at least as long as I've been going. And I've seen plenty of campers imbibing at their own campsites (and the quiet pool, which was definitely not quiet).

Some of those are my quotes, mine. You can take all the issues you want with my comments, I don't care. It's how I feel about it and until someone gives me points, blocks me, or boots me, I'll speak my peace. And I'll still be speaking it on and off this forum regardless.

They are removing the word "princess" that is fact. When mine were little they loved getting all BB up and walk the day away through MK in their princess dresses and being called "princess" at each ride stop, at each princess visit, at the parades, from all the CMs, from the visitors too. It was part of the magic and now they have removed that. CM are now being instructed to not call anyone princess or prince. That is fact. What is next a sign at the entrance of Fantasy Land.....warning, warning, there are princesses in here.....

So tell me.... when the park is centered around a princess castle, when it has built what 4-5 other "castles" and new rides SWMT (doesn't she have a little castle too right outside that attractions?) Beast Castle....that's princess like! The Rupunzel castle.....princess castle. And on and on.....How many meet and greet princesses do we have at MK? The BB....what is that if its not a place for girls to get all princesses up? I see they removed the BB t-shirt that says "PRINCESS" on it too. You can preach all day long that MK is not about princesses, but it is. Until they tear down the castles, it's princess like all over the place!

And I'll stand by my comment on the movies that Disney and Pixar have rolled out. I do want to correct one part....it hasn't been two years, it's been four!

It is not my job to explain to anybody how I feel about a darn thing.

I have issues with Disney nowadays too, especially the CFO's recent comments. But I have some issues with previous comments in this thread. (And without delving into politics because I'm pretty sure y'all might think I'm part of the problem, ha.)

1) Where are they removing Princesses from Magic Kingdom? Also, was MK really built around Princesses? Fantasyland, maybe, but Adventureland? Tomorrowland? Or, is this referencing another park?

I haven't seen many of the animated films lately, but Encanto seems pretty popular with kids (and adults!). Not sure how it's dark and twisted? I haven't let the two-year-old watch it yet only because he doesn't have the patience for a full movie and I don't want him to request "We Don't Talk About Bruno" all the darn time.

Eh, Disney World has been selling alcohol in the parks for a LONG time. Like, as long as Epcot has been open. Fort Wilderness sells alcohol, too, for at least as long as I've been going. And I've seen plenty of campers imbibing at their own campsites (and the quiet pool, which was definitely not quiet).

Some of those are my quotes, mine. You can take all the issues you want with my comments, I don't care. It's how I feel about it and until someone gives me points, blocks me, or boots me, I'll speak my peace. And I'll still be speaking it on and off this forum regardless.

They are removing the word "princess" that is fact. When mine were little they loved getting all BB up and walk the day away through MK in their princess dresses and being called "princess" at each ride stop, at each princess visit, at the parades, from all the CMs, from the visitors too. It was part of the magic and now they have removed that. CM are now being instructed to not call anyone princess or prince. That is fact. What is next a sign at the entrance of Fantasy Land.....warning, warning, there are princesses in here.....

So tell me.... when the park is centered around a princess castle, when it has built what 4-5 other "castles" and new rides SWMT (doesn't she have a little castle too right outside that attractions?) Beast Castle....that's princess like! The Rupunzel castle.....princess castle. And on and on.....How many meet and greet princesses do we have at MK? The BB....what is that if its not a place for girls to get all princesses up? I see they removed the BB t-shirt that says "PRINCESS" on it too. You can preach all day long that MK is not about princesses, but it is. Until they tear down the castles, it's princess like all over the place!

And I'll stand by my comment on the movies that Disney and Pixar have rolled out. I do want to correct one part....it hasn't been two years, it's been four!

It is not my job to explain to anybody how I feel about a darn thing.

Thanks for the explanation. Have a magical day. :)

Nah. You don't get to tell someone to quit speaking their mind. I remind you of "hurt children suffering at the hands of our politicians?"

ScarletFire, I'm not the problem.....I'm the one speaking out against it. You have an issue with your politicians, take it up with them.

And unless you do speak your mind, those politicians are going to steam roll us all.

Staying silent is direct result of where we are in the world.

To anyone out there that needs an example of "gaslighting" see delyrium's comment above.
I'm not sure what the definition of "gaslighting" is here. I'm talking about my own family, and feeling more comfortable in inclusive environments. There are campgrounds where we haven't felt very welcomed. If hostile people are boycotting Disney now, this bodes well for us being happy at the Fort.

Delyrium, you just provided another example of gaslighting....

Who is judging? Please provide me with an example?
Who is hostile here? Again, please provide me with an example?
Who said anything about "groomers"? The only who said anything about that is you...

*shrug* I thought we were all reading between the lines here. How are Disney movies dark and twisted? (twisted is a term I'm familiar with, never seen it in reference to Disney's movies, so I'm confused?) What have you been pretending isn't happening that you've stopped turning a blind eye to? What is the agenda that is harmful and confusing to our children? What's it doing to the children and how is it harming them?

Naci,

Here is the difference.....

(1) If someone calls someone "hostile" then show me the example of that. If you can't, then that is called a false narrative.

(2) Explaining how you feel about something is completely different.

She is saying people are hostile.....who?

This isn't a court of law, Melissa. I'm not obligated to prove you don't like gay people or gay stories.

(edited because "people" includes teens, haha)

This forum has been an amazing source of information in my early trips!

I've met so many good people from here and made online connections that turned into online friendships that have spanned a decade.

What made my trips extra special was connecting with those online friends in person at the Fort when our trips overlapped.

I've enjoyed so much for this DIS.

I won't let a couple posters ruin that, or get in the way of it, or try to sideline me for what I believe in.

I'm happy. My days are not spent fighting online. I have an awesome day ahead of me and I think I'll get back to enjoying my life verses fighting a few that aren't worth my time.

xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter