Disney cruise photos with covid?

Superalpha

Earning My Ears
Hey all, I am going on my first disney cruise soon and was considering getting photos since i like them so much in the park. I was wondering what people's experiences were with getting disney cruise photos with the current precautions in place. Is it still worth the money or is it really not worth the hefty price tag now?

You can always order it now with the discount and then cancel onboard if you don't like or there aren't enough photos for it to be worthwhile. We normally get it but I'm not planning to for this trip. Character photos were big for our kids.

We just finished a cruise on the Wonder - didn't want to prepurchase due to uncertainty, but we ended up buying photos onboard. Note that if you happen to be gold, you do get a 10% discount, but you have to ask for it (they don't apply it automatically like at the merchandise stores).

Overall, we found the posed pictures at dinner and with backdrops to be the same as always. They allow you to remove your masks, they take a group at a time and do various combinations of the party members, have several photo locations in the lobby, come around at dinner, etc. There are some extra precautions (they have a table for you to set items that they were pretty good about cleaning off between parties), and the photographers will keep their distance, but overall it's about the same.

The place where there was a big difference was character photos. The setup there was physically distanced, so you would be in the photo with the characters, but not right next to them. I saw one time when there were photos with princesses on the lobby staircase - guests were at the bottom, and 3 princesses were standing on the stairs. Other times they had characters outside on the "gazebo stage" near the family pool, and the characters would be on one side, and the guests on the other. We weren't really interested in the character photos, so we didn't get those, but they are not the same as usual.

Oh, I should mention they also had "Appear and Wave" times when the characters would be somewhere and you could stand sort of in front of them and have someone in your party take a photo or try to do a selfie with them in the background. We found these weird and only tried once. There aren't Shutters photographers for those, anyway, though. The characters would interact (though from a distance), though, and there were very few lines, so there were lots of chances to interact and get character photos that way, if you wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter