DISney Cruise Line Circle Journal I 1/21/06 & II 2/1/06

Oh my gosh, this is not at all what I thought. So other people will have their pictures in my book? I did not get that from the directions. I am still VERY confused.

Here are the instructions: Originally Posted by GrayFal

"This is the OP's explanation from 2Peas:

You could pick your own theme (favorite ride, favorite character, most memorable Disney experience, favorite place to stay, etc)....

Here are some 'rules':

Each of us will buy a book that we want our CJ in (6x6, 8x8, 6 1/2 X 10 or 5x7 are preferred for easier mailing). You will come up with a Disney theme for your book--it is TOTALLY up to you but be creative! You will create the first page with an introduction as well as some sort of sign-in for your book. Some people do a page where everyone can sign in with information about themselves; I've seen other variations. Do whatever you want. You will then send your journal to the next person on the list, who will do a page according to your theme. Each month you will receive a journal to add an entry to, and at the end of a year you will receive your book back, full of the experiences and wisdom of the people in our CJ group.

You will be responsible for postage each month."

Please tell me where I went wrong. I still do not see anything about others creating a page with their photos. What if someone's theme does not work for me? What if I have no photos that match that theme? I thought I was clear so I never asked before hand, but as you can now see..I am not clear. The link that has an example does not have anyone elses phots in but Pat's. Is there another link with a completed one that I can look at and show my DS and DDIL?

I guess we need to go to Michaels and get different books. We have already started ours for different trips and were gonna give them to my granddaughter when they were done, so it will not be a complete loss.

We will repost tonight the size we find.

Dee

I have been thinking more and more about this Circle Journal and I am thinking that I am not going to participate. I have a lot of stuff I should be scrapping for myself, such as the pictures from my first Disney cruise I just returned from and I find I keep signing up for other scrap things to participate in and not getting any pages done for myself.

I would love to participate and I know how neat my circle journal will be once it is finished but I really don't think I should right now. For now my other CJ and swaps and scrapbooking and life are keeping me plenty busy. Maybe later if their is another Cruise CJ I will participate but for now I will not.

I am sorry for any trouble or inconvenience this may cause, but I figured I better do it now. I hope all of you enjoy making your circle journals and I look forward to seeing pictures of your creations.

Becky

You will then send your journal to the next person on the list, who will do a page according to your theme.
Perhaps a better way to phrase this would be: "who will do a page about themselves based on your theme".

Each month you will receive a journal to add an entry to, and at the end of a year you will receive your book back, full of the experiences and wisdom of the people in our CJ group.
You will do a page layout each month in someone else's journal, using your own pictures and/or journaling, according to their theme or answering their question.

If you don't have photos, you can either find others (for example, I needed a photo of the Beach Club Villas for my last month's layout about "favorite Disney Resort", so I grabbed an image off of a public website and printed it). You can also journal without photos or use embellishments.

If you go to the gallery at www.twopeasinabucket.com and enter "disney cj" as a search, you will find lots of layouts. A typical completed CJ will have 12 different layouts by 12 people that all answer the same question (i.e. "what is your favorite Disney character?"). It will contains journalling from each of the 12 people about their own experiences and photos from those 12 individuals/families. It's not a "personal" book for yourself -- rather, it's more of a creative experience to share with others.

Although I am no longer participating myself I figured I would help answer Fairey_godmother's question. First of all take a few deep breaths and relax, this is supposed to be fun and relaxing not stress inducing.

In the information post it states.
You will then send your journal to the next person on the list, who will do a page according to your theme. Each month you will receive a journal to add an entry to, and at the end of a year you will receive your book back, full of the experiences and wisdom of the people in our CJ group.

This is supposed to stretch your creativity and imagination. I think it doesn't sy use your own photos, because you might not need a photo of the exact object you are talking about. Or you might be able to find a picture online to print out. Say the theme is favorite foods on DCL. You might not have a picture of the exact food item, but perhaps you could show a picture of you pretending to eat something, fork in hand. Or you could show a nicely decorated table, doesn't have to be the table you ate at. Use you imagination, there are tons of ways to show food related things without the exact picture of the item.

For me this is what is making the other one CJ fun I have to think outside of the box. It also allows me to try new things, I might not try normally. As for not be able to think of something for the theme, talk to person whose journal it is, you might be able to stretch it a bit. Just because you might not have something that relates exactly doesn't mean it might not work.

I hope this helps. Also here is a link to a completed CJ on Twins, this is not my book it just happens to be one I found on twopeas that was returned to it owner.

I hope this hasn't confused you even more. I know sometimes the more info I get the more confused I get. Best of luck, I know you will have fun.

Becky

Becky -- sorry you won't be participating. I know what you mean about getting caught up in other projects! This is my motto:
smilies-11436.png

I had a hard time at first getting over the idea that MY pages were going to be "lost forever" to someone else's journal... all my work... and not keeping it for myself... I know -- silly me! But now I'm looking forward to receiving each month's journal from someone else and taking on the challenge of thinking outside the box and doing something I might not normally do. One of the CJs in my circle asks us to try a new technique we've never done before. What an awesome challenge! It kinda "forces" me to do something outside my comfort zone and practice something new.

Anyway, faireygodmother, I hope this is clear as mud and not too confusing -- and most definitely I hope it's not stressing you out.

Do you still have room for another in Circle II? My DD heard me all excited about it and she wants to be in on one too! She has become quite the scrapper and is using her competive nature to try to "out-do" me on her layouts. Hooray for her! Please let me know if there is still room and then I will PM her email address so that she can get the Yahoo invite.
Thanks,
Sharon

Thank you it really has helped. Are most people in CJ1 on the same cruise (11-11-06)?

I did go and get new book tonight and will go back to the drawing board. Thanks for all the explanation and link.

Dee

Fairygod mother...I'm not sure how many people are on the same cruise..but I can tell you I'm not one of them :guilty: No really...I do think there is a good number of those doing the CJ that are on the same cruise. Also ...I don't think people are alone with not really knowing what's going on...It seems like there are ALOT of us who are new to CJ's. This is also my first. But I'm excited to get going...I REALLY REALLY need to get working on my pages though...so I can get it mailed out in time. I have to get it finished SOON...because I need to start packing... :bounce: Cuz were heading to WDW and on our Cruise SOOOON. :banana: :banana:

Scrapperjill... I agree. I thought the directions were clear, but have now learned that it was not as I thought. I gave my word and will fulfill my commitment, but it is not what I had thought. I hope now that there are a good number that are doing this from our 06 cruise. That wat I will be getting to kow them in advance.

Dee

This is GrayFal logged is as Hannosmom!!!
faireygod mother said:
Scrapperjill... I agree. I thought the directions were clear, but have now learned that it was not as I thought. I gave my word and will fulfill my commitment, but it is not what I had thought. I hope now that there are a good number that are doing this from our 06 cruise. That wat I will be getting to kow them in advance.

Dee
Hello from WDW - I am at the Old Key West resort along with Hannosmom & Dad, ChichiHoney and House of Princesses...we are having a great time..chichihoney drove the monorail today, we were in the front car with the driver.....WAYYYYYY Cool!

Dee, I am sooooo sorry you misunderstood the purpose/format of the CJ.... and you are right to say that what I posted was only my work but that is because I posted before I sent out the book originally. No one elses work was in it yet....When I get my book back next year, it will have everyone elses work in it for me to see.

Several of us ARE cruising together in November 2006 - and if you wish, you can bring your completed book to share with us on the cruise...this way we can all see each others completed work and how it looks in the completed, themed CJs......

PLEASE don't be discouraged...it really IS FUN...I am working on 3 CJs now and it is great fun.......

Please post if there are any more questions or concerns........

ASK and we will answer.....

Thanks to all who responded to this thread........

havencruiser said:
Do you still have room for another in Circle II? My DD heard me all excited about it and she wants to be in on one too! She has become quite the scrapper and is using her competive nature to try to "out-do" me on her layouts. Hooray for her! Please let me know if there is still room and then I will PM her email address so that she can get the Yahoo invite.
Thanks,
Sharon
This is GrayFal posting under Hannosmom!!!
Okay, I didn't bring my computer to WDW.....
Yes, please have your DD send me her email addy for the yahoo group.....

hey pat!!

im handeling things here! i had already sent her the invite - why dont you just go play!!! hehehe

janice

Well I got the cover done to my CJ and began working on my first layout. Do I have to have people sign their page or can I do something different?

Thanks, Dee

faireygod mother said:
Well I got the cover done to my CJ and began working on my first layout. Do I have to have people sign their page or can I do something different?

Thanks, Dee
This is GrayFal
When it says "sign your own page" what it means is that when I put my 2 pages in YOUR book, somewhere on that layout, I put "GrayFal - Pat - Nov.2005"
This way you will know who did what page in your journal.....

As far as a seperate 'sign in' page - you can ask people to do what they want.....such as make a tag, write in some info about themselves.......or jus a place to indicate real name, location, and date they got the journal.......

Hope this helps....
Pat

OK all in DCL CJ II, I went to Michael's and used my 50% off to get the book for my journal. Can you believe that here in Toronto the only 8x8 books were extremely cheesey, yuck! So I picked up a Canson 9 1/4 x 10 wire bound, is that a hard size for mailing? Will I find a better selection of 8x8 books in Buffalo, when I shop at Michaels and Joann there next week? I can always use the Canson book for a personal book.

Penny

Anyone? need some advice. Went to Joanns for the first time on Saturday, and they were having a midnight madness sale! Got lots of great papers, that I haven't seen up here in Canada. Signed up for thier flyer, which they send to Canada, how cool. Also picked up two scrap albums, for just $5 each! Got an 8x8 postbound that could be used for my CJ, but really like the 9.25x10 spiral, if it is an ok size for mailing then will use the spiral.

Penny

Hmmmmmm.....the 8X8 would fit in a flat rate envelope if you sent it without the cover.....they measure 12 inches X 9.5 inches FLAT - so the 6.25X10 inch Canson fits in it fine.

I am assuming the 8X8 has a 'puffy' or 'padded' cover - is that right?
I had someone send one to me in the box...it had to go into a different kind of box and costs more to mail..... :confused3

ANYWAY - pick the one you like the BEST :wizard: !

This was not incredibly helpful, I think :rotfl: !

The Carson book is 9.25 x 10 plus the spiral, so it would need to go in a bigger package, but I could take out the spiral and use ribbons to bind it. How easy is it to take out the spiral? Or would it be better to take it to a copy centre and have them take it out for me?

I really like the carson, due to the fact that the pages are black and it will provide a really sharp background for papers and photos.

Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter