Disney cruise confirmation

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
I just booked a Disney cruise with DVC points. I did this on the phone through Member Services. The confirmation I got did not look like the usual one I get when booking a room at a DVC resort. I’m just curious about that. Any thoughts?

I just booked a Disney cruise with DVC points. I did this on the phone through Member Services. The confirmation I got did not look like the usual one I get when booking a room at a DVC resort. I’m just curious about that. Any thoughts?
When we used our points to book a cruise the confirmation email is different. The one that we received was very generic but did have all the details on it.

When we used DVC points, our reservation confirmation was different than the one DCL sends. To me, didn't even look like a confirmation. Just a head's up: you don't, at least I didn't, get any type of paid in full confirmation. DVC handles all the money aspects of the reservation, DCL everything else. When I would call DVC and ask about a reservation confirmation they would keep sending the same thing. When I asked about paid in full confirmation, I was told they don't give that and "you'll know you're paid in full when your booking window opens and you can book activities, etc." CM told me that they know the communication between DCL and DVC isn't good, personally and with their computer systems, and they're working on it.

My experience was like Sandy's above. DCL treats DVC like your travel agent and refers questions to them. DVC takes your points when you make the reservation but doesn't seem to send the $$$$ across the street to DVC until closer to your check-in time so you're not "paid in full" until that happens. I get that they are two different divisions of a big company but seems like it should be a bit more seamless. Glad to hear they're working on it.

Yes, I can see mine for 2024. Probably should have mentioned that.

@MM1102 and @SandyinMonterey - does this mean you can’t see your reservation on the DCL website/app until the money is PIF? Like the rest of us can when booking and having just paid a deposit?
I was able to see my reservation but as far as the money goes, no. Couldn't see the deposit made, or payment(s) or paid in full. I'd ask DCL and they'd refer me to DVC. I asked DVC if they could give me something and they would say "our system can't do that, can't be done."

Ditto that. I've made pre- and post-cruise hotel reservations for an Alaska cruise next year but they don't show up anywhere. My understanding is that DVC has reserved them from the DVC room block, but I don't have a confirmation and the reservation doesn't show in the DCL app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter