Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

I probably haven't posted on here since my early teens when I first joined the disboards. Wow! Now I'm 24 and getting married on the Disney Dream! We set sail February 20, 2017 for my 12th Disney cruise. There will be at least 30 of us, possibly 50, and with my Beauty & the Beast theme and Alfred Angelo Belle dress, I refuse to have a Castaway Cay ceremony.

I want the ceremony in the atrium on Nassau day, in the late afternoon, with a reception afterward, before our second seating dinner.
Any thoughts on how possible or impossible this will be?!

Thanks!
-Jess

Congratulations on your engagement! :welcome:

A few questions for those of you have already had your weddings on DCL...

I think I read that when you book a wedding you get concierge services, does that include boarding the ship early? Does anyone know what the earliest boarding time we could have is?

We want to book a veranda stateroom (we're really excited about this because we've never had a veranda before!!) but there are so many categories! We'll be cruising on the Fantasy if anyone has an recommendations?

Does anyone have recommendations for cruise specific items to include in welcome bags for guests?

A few questions for those of you have already had your weddings on DCL...

I think I read that when you book a wedding you get concierge services, does that include boarding the ship early? Does anyone know what the earliest boarding time we could have is?

We want to book a veranda stateroom (we're really excited about this because we've never had a veranda before!!) but there are so many categories! We'll be cruising on the Fantasy if anyone has an recommendations?

Does anyone have recommendations for cruise specific items to include in welcome bags for guests?

Yes, you will be considered Concierge guests. We had robes in our room and food goodies delivered to the room almost daily.
We had boarding group#1, boarding usually begins around 11:30-11:45.
We like mid-ship for our veranda's, we usually choose a 5B. Mostly the categories are for location of the room, I believe the 4 category rooms are a little bigger than the 5's.
Congratulations and have a wonderful time.

Hi I am new here but I am very excited. My fiance and I are booked to have an on board ceremony on the Disney Dream March, 28th, 2017 (Nassau Day). We are so excited!!!! I have already sent out my invites and have had a surprising turn out already. 24 people have already purchased there staterooms and we have about 17 others that are saying they're going to come. I really want the on board ceremony. I've seen some ceremonies in the Atrium of the ship with about 45 guests and I am hoping this is possible for us as well. I have listened to some Cruise Wedding Podcasts that say you have to "be on them" to get the Atrium......I hope not. I am very easy going and don't like to demand but I also don't want to be put in the D Lounge. Does anyone know that max guests for the Outlook Lounge? Thank you all in advanced for any information.

Hi I am new here but I am very excited. My fiance and I are booked to have an on board ceremony on the Disney Dream March, 28th, 2017 (Nassau Day). We are so excited!!!! I have already sent out my invites and have had a surprising turn out already. 24 people have already purchased there staterooms and we have about 17 others that are saying they're going to come. I really want the on board ceremony. I've seen some ceremonies in the Atrium of the ship with about 45 guests and I am hoping this is possible for us as well. I have listened to some Cruise Wedding Podcasts that say you have to "be on them" to get the Atrium......I hope not. I am very easy going and don't like to demand but I also don't want to be put in the D Lounge. Does anyone know that max guests for the Outlook Lounge? Thank you all in advanced for any information.

Congratulations! You're only about a month after me (Feb. 26, 2017). Sounds like you'll have a good size crowd -- how exciting! As for getting the atrium, I'm afraid you will have to hound them about that. I asked twice and was told "no," and ended up settling on the Outlook (Fantasy). But I do really like that space. :) The max in there is 20 guests. Good luck!

The max guest for the Outlook is 23 so you won't be put in there if you are already at thirty. I had my wedding ceremony in the Atrium and reception in the D Lounge I really did have to push for that. They don't like weddings in the atrium because its a main spot for all the other guest but it is possible! For your reception they usually will do the D lounge or outlook but with your group size the outlook would be to small. Hope that helps some!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Hi All!

Myself and my fiancé are getting married March 29,2017 on Castaway Cay during a Disney Dream sailing! We did a lot of back and forth about an onboard ceremony or on the beach and ultimately pictures on the beach during the ceremony sold us! We have a photographer coming with us and I'm so excited for everything!

We've been on two other Disney cruises on the Dream and Fantasy and can't wait to get back on!

Question for past brides! We'd love to have the table for 14 at Palo. Can I ask my coordinator now or will I have to wait for my booking window to open? This is the most stressful part of our wedding as I don't want to eat in the MDR during pirate night on our wedding night!

Hi All!

Myself and my fiancé are getting married March 29,2017 on Castaway Cay during a Disney Dream sailing! We did a lot of back and forth about an onboard ceremony or on the beach and ultimately pictures on the beach during the ceremony sold us! We have a photographer coming with us and I'm so excited for everything!

We've been on two other Disney cruises on the Dream and Fantasy and can't wait to get back on!

Question for past brides! We'd love to have the table for 14 at Palo. Can I ask my coordinator now or will I have to wait for my booking window to open? This is the most stressful part of our wedding as I don't want to eat in the MDR during pirate night on our wedding night!

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this... but I'm really curious about this too! So if you find out - will you let me know too??? I'd like to do the same thing.. but worried about how the timing works!

Thank you Bridget B and Disneyduck12 for your help. Looks like the outlook is out for us. I called and spoke with Faith (Wedding Coordinator) I was originally assigned Val but I was told they have merged and Faith is working with the Dream now. Faith was very nice and told me the Atrium is do-able but not guarantee-able since I am set-up for Nassau port day. She said we just need to get final numbers so she can present them and we can see what happens. She told me the other option is D-Lounge......Obviously much prefer the Atrium so crossing my fingers over her.

Hi All!

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this... but I'm really curious about this too! So if you find out - will you let me know too??? I'd like to do the same thing.. but worried about how the timing works!

I asked Valerie about this really early on...here's the info from my email with her:

2. We are thinking of having the Palo dinner include all of our guests, how do we book that? If you want to reserve the Palo private room, I can do that for you, however you would need to have a minimum of 10 guests (ALL ADULTS) and a Maximum of 14 guests to use this room. Any number of guests over 14 for Palo you would need to call the e Disney Cruise Line direct at 1-800-951-3532 to book that. There will be childcare available.

Thank you Bridget B and Disneyduck12 for your help. Looks like the outlook is out for us. I called and spoke with Faith (Wedding Coordinator) I was originally assigned Val but I was told they have merged and Faith is working with the Dream now. Faith was very nice and told me the Atrium is do-able but not guarantee-able since I am set-up for Nassau port day. She said we just need to get final numbers so she can present them and we can see what happens. She told me the other option is D-Lounge......Obviously much prefer the Atrium so crossing my fingers over her.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I asked Valerie about this really early on...here's the info from my email with her:

2. We are thinking of having the Palo dinner include all of our guests, how do we book that? If you want to reserve the Palo private room, I can do that for you, however you would need to have a minimum of 10 guests (ALL ADULTS) and a Maximum of 14 guests to use this room. Any number of guests over 14 for Palo you would need to call the e Disney Cruise Line direct at 1-800-951-3532 to book that. There will be childcare available.

Oh great! Hopefully my guest count ends up between these two numbers! The private room looks beautiful in the photos I've seen. I'm hoping I might be able to use it for dinner the night of our wedding. Do you know if there are seatings at specific times?

I believe they give you reservation times, like a restaurant--not seating times like the dining rooms on-ship. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong!

Hello Disney brides,
My fiancé and I just booked our Disney Castaway Cay wedding and Disney Dream cruise for April 3,2017. I love looking at everyone's pictures and watching video's of past weddings, they make me tear up every time lol. It's great that there is a place to connect with others who are going through the same planning process its been challenging already and we are just beginning. Looking forward to talking to many of you!

Hello Disney brides,
My fiancé and I just booked our Disney Castaway Cay wedding and Disney Dream cruise for April 3,2017. I love looking at everyone's pictures and watching video's of past weddings, they make me tear up every time lol. It's great that there is a place to connect with others who are going through the same planning process its been challenging already and we are just beginning. Looking forward to talking to many of you!

Congrats!!!! We got married at castaway cay this past February 29th- the most perfect day ever!!!! So excited for you!

Thank you emnems34 I hope our day will be just as perfect as yours.

I was wondering what others have done about the legal wedding ceremony. Has anyone had a small courthouse or other ceremony in your hometown or did you just wait to do it at the cruise ship?

Finally got our cruise booked. We will be getting married on the Disney Dream on 10/2/17!!!! Im so excited. Time to start planning :)

I had a party of 45 wedding guests and we were in the D Lounge. Personally, we loved it. It was gorgeous. The Atrium sounds lovely as well, but it might not be as private. At the time of my wedding the Atrium was NOT an option unless it was an absolute last resort. I had enough "gawkers" during my photo session around the ship, so it was nice to have the private locale in the D-Lounge for the ceremony. Honestly, the Outlook is definitely too small for 30 people. I think 23 people is too much for that space with chairs involved for my personal comfort level. The outlook is nice, but looking back, I'm glad we were in the D Lounge even though I dreaded it at the time. Looking back, I would choose the D-Lounge over the Outlook, even if the Outlook were larger.

Fear not, Disney will make your wedding wonder no matter WHERE you have it :) If you want to have a look at my TR, click on the link in my signature. There's photos there a few pages from the end of the thread. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter