Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Hello, I will be getting married on the fantasy at the beginning of February. We weren't able to afford to bring a photographer with us, so we will be getting a wedding package from the ship. I've heard mixed reviews about the photography so I'm a bit nervous about it. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for good photos with the shutters photographers (like favourite shots from your wedding)

Hello, question for you all:

Did anyone put light saver cards for guest rooms in their OOT bags?
How did you approach this?

Thanks!

Hello, I will be getting married on the fantasy at the beginning of February. We weren't able to afford to bring a photographer with us, so we will be getting a wedding package from the ship. I've heard mixed reviews about the photography so I'm a bit nervous about it. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for good photos with the shutters photographers (like favourite shots from your wedding)

Hello!

Congrats! We used Shutters Photography and were very satisfied. We were married on Castaway Cay and my favorite shot is actually my avatar, so you can take a look at an example! One thing I've sort of inferred from others is to come with a list ahead of time of shots you want. Shutters is very much "point and shoot" photography, and they mostly do family photos rather than weddings, so they may need more guidance on what you want than your typical photographer might.

I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi!" cruise brides! It'll be a year next month since my cruise wedding and I'm feeling nostalgic and living vicariously through your planning! I got married Feb 29 on Castaway Cay with the Magic - best decision I ever made!

I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi!" cruise brides! It'll be a year next month since my cruise wedding and I'm feeling nostalgic and living vicariously through your planning! I got married Feb 29 on Castaway Cay with the Magic - best decision I ever made!
Hello! Happy Early Anniversary! I'm glad you had a great experience. We are getting married on board the dream in October so we are here planning away.

Hi Ladies! I am joining this Disney cruise bride thread as I will be becoming one this November 2017! I am so excited I can even express but I have a few questions and your help is greatly appreciated! First I am wondering if anyone has recommendations on a photographer to bring. So many are almost the price of the wedding which is crazy to me but I want to have good photography. Also what is the sand like on Castaway Cay for brides that have gotten married there. Should I be barefoot or are wedges ok? What is everyone's favorite reception spots on the boat? I will be have a bigger number of people probably between 20 and 30. And this might be a silly question but I am wondering what most of you did with wearing your dress. My plan was to wear in the morning for ceremony and cake and then change for our excursions we want to parasail and jet ski and then change back into it when we get back on the boat for dinner. It's so pretty that I want to wear it all day but I also want to do fun things on the island. Ok that's it's for now some of these questions might be silly but I appreciate all the help I can get!

Hi Ladies! I am joining this Disney cruise bride thread as I will be becoming one this November 2017! I am so excited I can even express but I have a few questions and your help is greatly appreciated! First I am wondering if anyone has recommendations on a photographer to bring. So many are almost the price of the wedding which is crazy to me but I want to have good photography. Also what is the sand like on Castaway Cay for brides that have gotten married there. Should I be barefoot or are wedges ok? What is everyone's favorite reception spots on the boat? I will be have a bigger number of people probably between 20 and 30. And this might be a silly question but I am wondering what most of you did with wearing your dress. My plan was to wear in the morning for ceremony and cake and then change for our excursions we want to parasail and jet ski and then change back into it when we get back on the boat for dinner. It's so pretty that I want to wear it all day but I also want to do fun things on the island. Ok that's it's for now some of these questions might be silly but I appreciate all the help I can get!

Congratulations! I'm interested as well since I will be getting married on the Disney Fantasy on October 7, 2017. We prefer an onboard wedding with wedding pics on Castaway Cay.

For on board weddings are you allowed to pop confetti poppers or have bubbles for the recessional?

Has anyone had their ceremony in the atrium of the Magic?

For on board weddings are you allowed to pop confetti poppers or have bubbles for the recessional?

I would think the confetti poppers would be a no just because I know you can't throw rice or flower petals or anything like that I would think it would cover the same ideals. The only problem I would think about the bubbles it that it may make the deck slippery but I don't know if they would be outright banned.

I would think the confetti poppers would be a no just because I know you can't throw rice or flower petals or anything like that I would think it would cover the same ideals. The only problem I would think about the bubbles it that it may make the deck slippery but I don't know if they would be outright banned.

What if it's in a lounge with carpeting though

For my wedding we had flower petals thrown during the ceremony ours were fake though I am not sure if they would allow confetti it might be harder to pick up but I would ask you coordinator. Also my wedding was in the atrium but of the Fantasy.

Hi ladies. So I will be getting married this November on the Disney Dream ship. Right. Is we are trying to figure out if we want to stick with our choice of the beach wedding on Castaway Cay or if we want to do an on board ceremony. I have seen some videos of weddings on the island and it seems very not private and loud of the kids playing around. I would love everyone's opinion on this if who has gotten married there. Right now our on board options are very slim because we have a party right now if about 30 and it might get up to 35 or so. Please let me know your experiences it would really help!

Hi ladies. So I will be getting married this November on the Disney Dream ship. Right. Is we are trying to figure out if we want to stick with our choice of the beach wedding on Castaway Cay or if we want to do an on board ceremony. I have seen some videos of weddings on the island and it seems very not private and loud of the kids playing around. I would love everyone's opinion on this if who has gotten married there. Right now our on board options are very slim because we have a party right now if about 30 and it might get up to 35 or so. Please let me know your experiences it would really help!

You do have a choice of onboard or Castaway Cay. Onboard is a $3000 package and CC has an upgrade fee of I think $1000. The areas onboard have a maximum guest count. I don't know the answer. But...I did read that a bride in your same predicament was able to finagle a ceremony in the Atrium. She had to beg...but she made it work! Oh...I see her above...DisneyDuck...read her Planning Journel...you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
If anyone is sailing on September 18, 2017 4-day Bahamas, I saw on the Disney Cruise Brides Facebook page that you can get a killer deal on a professional photographer because a Disney Bride cancelled and the photographer is already booked. She is offering her services for a flat fee of $500 for fully edited images and print release. If you're interested:

I'm going to go through and read the post but that will take me a long while with my busy house. So I'm going to post my question in hopes of a faster answer :)

If a couple books Castaway Cay for their wedding and the boat can't Dock is there a change in the cost of the wedding as the on ship price is $1000 less than CCay price.

I was on the magic this month and we missed the island so got me thinking about the what if's...

I'm going to go through and read the post but that will take me a long while with my busy house. So I'm going to post my question in hopes of a faster answer :)

If a couple books Castaway Cay for their wedding and the boat can't Dock is there a change in the cost of the wedding as the on ship price is $1000 less than CCay price.

I was on the magic this month and we missed the island so got me thinking about the what if's...
No the extra $1000 is not reimbursed. Its a chance you take with booking a CC wedding.

No the extra $1000 is not reimbursed. Its a chance you take with booking a CC wedding.
I thought I read that this was changed recently??

I find it odd that they don't If I book a cabana and the ship can't dock I get that money back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!