Disney Career Start Program

I called today for my son and was told that the Career Start program is on hold for now.

Does anyone know when/ if the CS program will start up again? I have wanted to do this since i was in 6th grade and its such a bummer its on hold!!!!

Hi guys, I just literally registered for this lol, but I have a question:

Is the Career Start program like an alternative to going to college?

I'm not sure which to apply for, Career Start or the College Program. Also, when's the best time to apply? I saw that they weren't accepting anymore applications for this upcoming one. I'm about to enter my senior year of high school. Any help is greatly appreciated! :worship:

Yeah you can consider it an alternative to going to college. It's pretty much just like the College Program except you don't have to be enrolled in college.

As far as I've been able to find out, the program is still on hold. :(

I don't know about the Career Start Program, but Disney has re-designed the College Program website and are currently accepting applications for spring 2012

I am wishing and hoping with all that I am that the Career start program comes back for spring 2012. I don't want to sound so overly emotional and dramatic but I can't help it. It would mean more than the world to me to be able to do the program. I have looked into the college program but at this point in my life, I'm not eligible for it (saving up money for college and currently not enrolled)

I haven't picked up the courage to pick up the phone and call them, even though I want to. Just to ask if they are planning to bring the program back. I'm afraid I'll start crying and make a fool out of myself.

Imagine30, at our house we understand how you feel. 2 of my kids were so looking forward to the CSP - we all had a cry when we found out it was put on hold or whatever they are calling it right now.

Yes - we know there is the CP, but regular college is not for everyone.

I am wishing and hoping with all that I am that the Career start program comes back for spring 2012. I don't want to sound so overly emotional and dramatic but I can't help it. It would mean more than the world to me to be able to do the program. I have looked into the college program but at this point in my life, I'm not eligible for it (saving up money for college and currently not enrolled)

I haven't picked up the courage to pick up the phone and call them, even though I want to. Just to ask if they are planning to bring the program back. I'm afraid I'll start crying and make a fool out of myself.

I understand how you feel. For years it has been a dream of mine to work for Disney.

Would it be possible to enroll in your local community college? Classes are a lot less expensive. Maybe you could enroll in the Winter semester and apply for Disney College Program for Fall.

I understand how you feel. For years it has been a dream of mine to work for Disney.

Would it be possible to enroll in your local community college? Classes are a lot less expensive. Maybe you could enroll in the Winter semester and apply for Disney College Program for Fall.

I have looked into community college where I live and it's certainly an option that I'm thinking about. What I'm wondering is when I looked at the college program, it said that in order to be eligible I'd have to be enrolled for a semester of college first. Does that mean I have to take a whole bucket load of classes or can I just take one?

I have looked into community college where I live and it's certainly an option that I'm thinking about. What I'm wondering is when I looked at the college program, it said that in order to be eligible I'd have to be enrolled for a semester of college first. Does that mean I have to take a whole bucket load of classes or can I just take one?

You can take just one. My DS had hoped to do the Career Start program only to learn it was on hold indefinitely so he enrolled in the community college about 30 miles from here. He signed up for one on-line class then applied for the CP. He was accepted within a week and is in Florida right now. :thumbsup2

The requirements say "Be Enrolled as a Full-Time or Part-Time Student and Taking Classes. Part time could be as few as two 3 credit classes.

You should contact your local community college to find out how many classes you would need to take to be considered part time.

I'm very excited now that I've looked more into the College program. I've talked to my mom and she agrees that it is do-able and probably a better idea than waited on a hope for the Career start to come back. I'm looking into community colleges in my area and so far so good :D There is classes I can take at my former high school so now I just need to sign up. Thanks and hopefully soon, I'll be able to tell everyone that I am a Disney Cast member.

I'm very excited now that I've looked more into the College program. I've talked to my mom and she agrees that it is do-able and probably a better idea than waited on a hope for the Career start to come back. I'm looking into community colleges in my area and so far so good :D There is classes I can take at my former high school so now I just need to sign up. Thanks and hopefully soon, I'll be able to tell everyone that I am a Disney Cast member.

I hope everything works out for you! Please come back and post to let us know when you get accepted to the Disney College Program.

:tinker: Sprinkling you with Pixie dust!!

Best of luck to you!! I hope all your Disney dreams come true! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter