Disney and Autism Photos

pilgrimr,
I adore that last photo of your son with Chip and Dale! It's so warm and cute!

I love the Epcot Character connection.
Last time we were there we went in to see the characters. The line was really long. I was about to try and find a way to scooch me and my son out of there. I knew he couldn't handle the length of the line and yet, I knew he'd not want to leave. A CM saw me dithering and asked what was wrong. I told him about my situation. He asked if I knew about the GAC, I told him yes, that I had used them before and had one with me. He said, bet you didn't know you could use it here. He then ushered my son and I to the front area and told us to wait a moment. He spoke to the CM at the front of the line and to the family waiting. Then he came back and took us to meet the characters! My son was so happy and the next family seemed ok with everything. Nowadays my sons ability to wait for something he wants is much better so next time we may actually be able to wait in line just like everyone else. I never guessed that I'd actually be happy about being able to wait in line! My friends think I'm nuts about that.

I love all of the new pictures, and am so glad to see this thread active! It warms my heart to see how well our kiddos do at Disney and how awesome the CMs are! I especially love the Mac-N-Cheese pic and the Chip-n-Dale one!!!

pilgrimr,
I adore that last photo of your son with Chip and Dale! It's so warm and cute!

I love the Epcot Character connection.
Last time we were there we went in to see the characters. The line was really long. I was about to try and find a way to scooch me and my son out of there. I knew he couldn't handle the length of the line and yet, I knew he'd not want to leave. A CM saw me dithering and asked what was wrong. I told him about my situation. He asked if I knew about the GAC, I told him yes, that I had used them before and had one with me. He said, bet you didn't know you could use it here. He then ushered my son and I to the front area and told us to wait a moment. He spoke to the CM at the front of the line and to the family waiting. Then he came back and took us to meet the characters! My son was so happy and the next family seemed ok with everything. Nowadays my sons ability to wait for something he wants is much better so next time we may actually be able to wait in line just like everyone else. I never guessed that I'd actually be happy about being able to wait in line! My friends think I'm nuts about that.

Character Connection is the best. We usually just go right at rope drope when the park opened. We also had a great experience with the cast member. When we were there a couple of years ago we explained that he needed just a little bit more time to take pictures. She was nice and stopped the line after us and gave them a short explaination and the cast members told the characters and we had a great session with them and we did not feel rushed. That is where we got the picture with Chip and Dale. That is also the point that we became life long Disney Fans.

my son and daughter:
IMG_0301-1.jpg

Just DD
IMG_0368.jpg

This is our DS at MK taken with Stitch over by the carousel of progress. Stitch really took a lot of time and this was just too cute. I had made custom clothes for each day of our trip. He is always so happy when he is in Disney!
hunterandstitch.jpg

My DS almost 10 is HFA and the things he really enjoyed on our last rip were:

pressed pennies:

100_2079-1.jpg

100_2080-1.jpg

pin trading:

100_2962.jpg

and he loves Toy Story Mania in the Studios and 2 of his new favorites are SSE in Epcot "History of Language Ball" he says and Walt's One Man Vision he enjoyed reading and looking at everything:

100_2321.jpg

100_2327.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter