Disney and Autism Photos

lucigo

DIS Veteran
I would love to see what your child with autism loved about Disney. I will start with my son, these were his favorites!
100_9178.jpg

This magnadoodle went everywhere with us. He learned to write pop and bus.
100_9063.jpg

My little collector loved these rocks, could have studied them all day!
100_9133.jpg

To leave the hotel room in the morning we didn't say "are you ready to go to Disneyworld, we said, you want to go sit in the numbers?"

Close runner's up were the carousel at Magic Kingdom and the Keyboard Pool Deck in the 90's area at Pop!

What a Cutie!

We were there the week after you (Disney, I mean, we stayed at the Contemporary - we have to sleep five :lmao: )

How old is your son? He is adorable! My son is a collector, too - we came home with several new Cars toys... ;) :rolleyes:

What a Cutie!

We were there the week after you (Disney, I mean, we stayed at the Contemporary - we have to sleep five :lmao: )

How old is your son? He is adorable! My son is a collector, too - we came home with several new Cars toys... ;) :rolleyes:

Ohhh we paid $6 for $3 cars also! LOL And they were the same ones of course that we had at home!! We had 6 in our party, so we got 2 rooms at Pop. Anyway..he will be 5 in May (I'm not ready for that!) Do you have any pix??!!

Cool idea. My nephew is autistic and he is in Disney right now as I write this. His favoriate ride is Space Ship earth and the last time they went it was closed due to rehabbing it. He had a major meltdown so hopefully he is enjoying the ride now. Other than Space Ship Earth he loves anything and everything having to do with Presidents. So the Hall of Presidents is another biggie for him.

By the way, that last picture of your son in the zero is soooo cute. He is a handsome little guy.

not disney but seaworld this was my sons best day (photo taken march 07) during the penguin encounter

pen.jpg

and his best ever meal was the cake at celebration, lets be honest here we do not allow goodies like this at home so this was a very big treat when compared with our usual mealtimes of it's fruit, veg and a battle at the dining table everyday
flo3.jpg

his favourite toy from the first visit in march 05 was this, it made a return trip too in 07
2005_0318florida0048.jpg

get in the way or too close and yes you guessed it we and anyone else who happened to be too close got squirted :eek:

he wanted to take this to school when we came home to show the teacher :scared1: so it went into hiding :rolleyes1

Cool idea. My nephew is autistic and he is in Disney right now as I write this. His favoriate ride is Space Ship earth and the last time they went it was closed due to rehabbing it. He had a major meltdown so hopefully he is enjoying the ride now. Other than Space Ship Earth he loves anything and everything having to do with Presidents. So the Hall of Presidents is another biggie for him.

By the way, that last picture of your son in the zero is soooo cute. He is a handsome little guy.

I hope your nephew enjoys the new spaceship earth! If he likes computers he will love the interactive cars! Hope you have some pix for us soon!

not disney but seaworld this was my sons best day (photo taken march 07) during the penguin encounter

Loved your pictures! The one with the penguin is priceless, love that smile! Thanks for sharing them!!!

BTW My little guy was sick last week and after three days of not eating he asked for chocolate cake! Guess who went to the store! :rolleyes1

Loved your pictures! The one with the penguin is priceless, love that smile! Thanks for sharing them!!!

BTW My little guy was sick last week and after three days of not eating he asked for chocolate cake! Guess who went to the store! :rolleyes1

your little one is a cutie too, i have very few smiley pics and a lot that are painful to look at as we can see him looking blank across his eyes or confused

he has only just learned the art of posing for the camera

i think like any mum we nip to the store and go back on our good intentions when our little ones are sick, after 3 days of not eating i'd be buying chocolate cake too ;)

here is a photo of my daughter (who is also autistic) at disney too, she's at that terrible teen stage :scared: here she is with her frozen chocolate covered banana and a leave me alone/come any closer with that camera and it's at your own risk look about her, oh i remember that day so well :scared1:

florida07093-1.jpg

Untitled15.jpg

Underwater at the WL pool with his new "SWIM EYES" as he called them. He loves the water.

july202007018.jpg

july202007017.jpg

july202007020.jpg

Playing peek a boo with Mickey!

Our trip was worth every penny to see how Gabriel reacted to the Characters. We liked the food better at Crystal Palace and he does love Pooh too.

and .....we spent many hours with the Heffalumps and Woozles in our very own Honey Pots on the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. He was pretending to lick the honey on the pots :scared1: Not too sanitary but very cute....
A2007may164.jpg

I will have to say he loved the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon and loved that we could do some rides together at Blizzard Beach. He loved the family raft ride at BB and I do have pictures but if you think I am posting a pic of myself in my suit.......NOT!

Sorry my pictures are so big...I barely remembered how to post them

These photos are from 2006 and DD was just 3 years old and diagnosed with ASD just 5 months before. She was very unsure about the Disney characters at Chef Mickey's!
Donald.jpg

Goofy.jpg

Swimming at our resort, the Contemporary
Pool.jpg

The carousel at the Magic Kingdom
Carousel1.jpg

Great pictures everyone, Disney is such a magical place! Glad all your little ones enjoyed themselves on their trips:)

here is a photo of my daughter (who is also autistic) at disney too, she's at that terrible teen stage

Ohh those days are so much fun aren't they!? My 16yo NT son puts his hand in front of his face every time I try to take a picture!!! Did she enjoy Disney een if she didn't like the camera? :cool2:

Great pictures everyone, Disney is such a magical place! Glad all your little ones enjoyed themselves on their trips:)

Love your matching shirts!!! We have matching hawaiian shirts from our last cruise and I'll be pulling them out for Ohana next visit!

Your daughter is adorable!

These photos are from 2006 and DD was just 3 years old and diagnosed with ASD just 5 months before. She was very unsure about the Disney characters at Chef Mickey's!

Aww she is so little! Looks like she had a great time!!! Love those curls!!

Playing peek a boo with Mickey!
Sorry my pictures are so big...I barely remembered how to post them

I love the pix with Mickey, that is great interaction!! And the underwater one is priceless! Where are the honeypots? We need to catch those next trip!

The honey pot is what you ride in on the Pooh Ride at MK.

If you go to YouTube and look for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh you can actually take the ride :goodvibes

We rode it over and over and over and over and over..................................

Thanks for sharing! I love it when you can get a great picture of them looking right at the camera (something that doesn't happen often with our younger dd Zoe). You guys have some terrific photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter