**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

For anyone who has already done DAH, how is the transportation back to the resorts? TIA!

The above reports about crowded buses following DAH are good reasons not to run out of the park at the end of the event. I would recommend to take your time and to enjoy the “good night kiss” in the hub and Main Street areas. Without being the last person to leave, you can relax and, at the end, the bus is less likely to be crowded.

The above reports about crowded buses following DAH are good reasons not to run out of the park at the end of the event. I would recommend to take your time and to enjoy the “good night kiss” in the hub and Main Street areas. Without being the last person to leave, you can relax and, at the end, the bus is less likely to be crowded.
I agree with this. We always stayed a bit after the event ended and we never had big problems with buses

I made a 6:25 ADR at the Plaza on my DAH nite - should I keep it? I have an AP so no issues getting in park for it. Or should I eat somewhere else earlier?

I made a 6:25 ADR at the Plaza on my DAH nite - should I keep it? I have an AP so no issues getting in park for it. Or should I eat somewhere else earlier?
With DAH starting at 10 and the fact that you aren't trying to maximize your time in the park (due to your AP), I think 6:25 sounds great! I let someone talk me out of 6:00 LTT reservations and I'm really regretting it. We have to be able to make it to 1:00, so eating at 6 or so seems about right to me.

I’d vote keep it. One thing I’ve done ‘wrong’ before with DAH is not eating a good enough/big enough meal before hand to fuel up for the evening. We often eat larger lunches and then dinner is up to chance/inconsistent - just sort of the style of how we do things.

We didn’t eat much dinner once for a 10-1 DAH and I was chasing being hungry all night, even with the ice cream. :-) These days I’ve switched to planning a real sit-down dinner sometime before DAH, then start park time.

I’m partial to dinner at The Wave or Cali Grill then walking into the park, but in-park spots are great options too.

Looking at it from another angle, so if dinner lasts 1-1.5 hours... 7:30-8ish, I assume you ‘want’ that 8-10pm time in the park pre-DAH? I’ve also done it where I’ll eat a later dinner (8ish) then be arriving to the park closer to DAH time.

Lots of options.

We’re doing Artists Point at 7 before DAH. I agree with others that a decent dinner is important when you’re out late at night. Normally, we’re an eat when you’re hungry bunch, but dining is very limited during dah and nothing worse than cranky, hungry people ( adults are worse than kids!) when you’re trying to make it until 1am. We rarely do reserved dining anymore, but will with things like this.

Last edited:
We’re doing Artists Point at 7 before DAH. I agree with others that a decent dinner is important when you’re out late at night. Normally, we’re an eat when you’re hungry bunch, but dining is very limited during dah and nothing worse than cranky, hungry people ( adults are worse than kids!) when you’re trying to make until 1am. We rarely do reserved dining anymore, but will with things like this.

We are doing the Storybook Dining too before the Villains DAH, Fastpasses for SDMT, Haunted Mansion and Pirates after Dinner (they are the most "Villainy" rides I could think of. I've ordered Villains T-Shirts for the Family, Loki for the Teens, Gaston for Husband and Maleficent for me. Can't wait! Enjoy your evening, sounds fun!

Last edited:

The comments about meals have me thinking about what we should do. I'm thinking either the Wave, GF Cafe or even Liberty Tree (just so we're inside and ready to go around 8). My only new concern is the buses getting back to Wilderness Lodge and standing on the bus.

Questions about AP holders and Villains After Hours Event:

Can an AP holder purchase discounted tickets to the After Hours Event for members of their party that aren't AP holders?

If someone purchases regular tickets to the After Hours Event and then upgrades to an AP, can they get the price different in tickets refunded? It seems like I saw this mentioned once but I can't seem to find it.

THANKS!

Good advice about dinner before the DAH event! I just booked Liberty Tree Tavern for 6 pm for our night.

Questions about AP holders and Villains After Hours Event:

Can an AP holder purchase discounted tickets to the After Hours Event for members of their party that aren't AP holders?

If someone purchases regular tickets to the After Hours Event and then upgrades to an AP, can they get the price different in tickets refunded? It seems like I saw this mentioned once but I can't seem to find it.

THANKS!
Yes, an AP holder can buy AP tickets for others. The number seems to be up in the air, i’ve Read a total of 4, but I’ve also read that someone bought them online and were allowed to buy more.

I have heard that people have been successful at buying at full price, then getting an AP and getting the difference refunded to them from GS once they were on property. However, I don’t think any of the posts I’ve read have been people who have done it, just others like me who have read it can be done. Like everything, if one CM says no another may do it.

We are seriously considering the Villains After Hours event towards the end of June. Do we think these will sell out quickly? I'm wondering if I can wait to read a review from an earlier event to buy tickets. I know it says no villain M&G, but do you think that also means no character M&Gs at all? Like could we still meet Mickey and Minnie? Or princesses? It would be worth it to me if we could also bypass those lines.

I plan to buy the tickets on-line and have they mailed to me since I won't have magic bands as I have no resort reservation.

Do I need to have the people I am buying the tickets for (my family members) set up in MDE?

I plan to buy the tickets on-line and have they mailed to me since I won't have magic bands as I have no resort reservation.

Do I need to have the people I am buying the tickets for (my family members) set up in MDE?
If you want to make FPS for them they’ll need to be on MDE

I really think the villans event looks great for 6/13, but $750 for our family of five? We will have three separate partial days at MK over a 7 day trip. I know that in that time we can cover as much of MK as we want with ds 7&5 and dd 4. Is this event so blow your socks off awesome that the kids will rock it out till 1am and love it?

I really think the villans event looks great for 6/13, but $750 for our family of five? We will have three separate partial days at MK over a 7 day trip. I know that in that time we can cover as much of MK as we want with ds 7&5 and dd 4. Is this event so blow your socks off awesome that the kids will rock it out till 1am and love it?

If it were me, and my kids were that young, I would skip the event for now. $750 is a lot of money, and with 3 partial days at MK, you should be able to do everything you want. My kids are older now and can definitely stay up until 1 am, but with a 4 and 5 year old, I wouldn't do it. Just my 2 cents.

If it were me, and my kids were that young, I would skip the event for now. $750 is a lot of money, and with 3 partial days at MK, you should be able to do everything you want. My kids are older now and can definitely stay up until 1 am, but with a 4 and 5 year old, I wouldn't do it. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks jenintex!

I spoke with Disney IT about my MDE account and asked some questions about making FP with an After Hours ticket. I had problems with this last summer when I had a 10 day ticket and 2 different parties. I got the warnings about needing to delete FP, spoke with several different IT people, got inconsistent answers. I deleted them, reassigned the tickets, re-scheduled and spent 1/2 hour each party night at Guest services undoing this mess. I want to avoid that again.

So...here's what IT said about the villains (and MNSSHP) tickets

1. We (the IT department) haven't been told yet if FP will be included for pre-party hours because it really was a mess last year.

2. But if they are included, the way to fix the problem is: first book the 10 days that you will NOT be using a party ticket, then book the party days

I was very surprised by the first comment. Is this kind of a standard comment or a real possibility?

The solution does make some sense to me, but I've been given bad info from IT before. I'm undecided whether to follow directions, or just use my husband's unrelated account to purchase the After Hours tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter