**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

YMMV with Space. When we went in February, we were able to take a shortcut after exiting the ride vehicle (instead of following the exit sign to Tomorrowland, we turned the opposite way and ended up coming into the queue very close to the boarding area. The CMs when we exited actually gave us the tip to do that. I know some folks who went after us didn’t have the same luck - but crowds for DAH were growing at that point. Maybe know that crowds are a little lighter again, they’ll allow the back door route? It’s definitely worth asking (or trying......)
Definitely depends on the cm’s. We asked doing the event in April and were told no and had to walk around.

We'll be there on 9/26 as well! We had such an amazing time at this event last September we just had to go again. For us, we found this event so much more worth the money than the Halloween party. We still love parts of the Halloween party....but we found we love low crowds more.

After Hours events have definitely gained in popularity! Last December it was practically empty; this time around it's been way busier, at both MK and AK. Also, they let us in at 630p for MK last Thursday. Will see if they do the same this week. :)

Officially you can get in at 7pm. In practice that has sometimes tended to be as early as 6pm or sometime between 6-7. Haven’t been a ton of recent reports as to exactly what has been happening.

Uber to Contemporary and walk from there. Can’t walk to MK from Poly (only boat of monorail).

Hope that helps!
They let us in at 630 on 9/19.

You got me thinking too...... So is there a list on this thread or another thread of what DIS members are going on what date? Maybe we can get our favorite DIS vloggers to show up this Thursday too! haha!!
We attended 9/19 and will also attend 9/26 :) Have a great time everyone!

I am getting really excited for the 12/9. Do they do anything special for Christmas time?

Wonder if Disney
I am getting really excited for the 12/9. Do they do anything special for Christmas time?

No, not during DAH - other than the park will be decorated. DAH is just plain ol’ no frills MK.

I’m assuming Mickey will be in holiday attire.

I'm wondering if they are waiting to see how sales are going for the AK dates in Feb before they announce the MK ones (if they announce MK ones at all).

I'm wondering if they are waiting to see how sales are going for the AK dates in Feb before they announce the MK ones (if they announce MK ones at all).

Then I’ve done my part 😄
We have AK DAH tickets in hand for March 2020 but sure wish they’d get ones for MK on the schedule.

Then I’ve done my part 😄
We have AK DAH tickets in hand for March 2020 but sure wish they’d get ones for MK on the schedule.

Is the AK DAH worth the price? I didn't think it would be because there just isn't that many rides

Is the AK DAH worth the price? I didn't think it would be because there just isn't that many rides
For AK I think it really depends on your purpose. On our last trip my nephew did EE twenty times front row one day. But we really had to work at getting FPs. So his eyes lit up at the prospect of beating that record with After Hours. While he’s doing that I’ll be moseying around the park, enjoying ambience.

For AK I think it really depends on your purpose. On our last trip my nephew did EE twenty times front row one day. But we really had to work at getting FPs. So his eyes lit up at the prospect of beating that record with After Hours. While he’s doing that I’ll be moseying around the park, enjoying ambience.

Holy cow. Twenty times in a row?? I'm pretty sure I would literally pass out. LOL.

From entering the line to walking off the ride the whole thing took about 25-30 minutes when I was there in April.
Same for a couple of nights ago. The quick one was just under 25 minutes, the other 2 rides were closer to 30 minutes each. We topped it off at 3 rides so we could still go do other things.

The problem too was that it's only a 3-hour After Hours event. The park closed at 9p and AH was 9-12, which meant day people were still getting in line for FoP up until 9p, so even though they allow the AH folks the fastpass line, you're still waiting longer...which cuts into those 3 hours. Long story short, you'll get more mileage for EE than FoP, especially at the beginning of the event.

Man, you must be REALLY GOOD at getting FPs!! I wish I had you getting FPs for me!

Reactions: CJN
[
Same for a couple of nights ago. The quick one was just under 25 minutes, the other 2 rides were closer to 30 minutes each. We topped it off at 3 rides so we could still go do other things.

The problem too was that it's only a 3-hour After Hours event. The park closed at 9p and AH was 9-12, which meant day people were still getting in line for FoP up until 9p, so even though they allow the AH folks the fastpass line, you're still waiting longer...which cuts into those 3 hours. Long story short, you'll get more mileage for EE than FoP, especially at the beginning of the event.

So you rode FoP 3 times during DAH?

[

So you rode FoP 3 times during DAH?
Yes. Our night was FoP, river journey, FoP, FoP, triceratop spin, then EE four times in a row (maybe 5... but I'm pretty sure it was 4). We were leaving that last EE at exactly 12:02a (I checked because there's a snack cart right there and we were hoping it would still be open.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter