**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Any thoughts on if they are going to add more DAH dates in February/March?

My thoughts are that it’s pretty much a given, based on recent history.

Unless they want to do something funky like offer Villains After Hours or something like that, in Feb.

My thoughts are that it’s pretty much a given, based on recent history.

Unless they want to do something funky like offer Villains After Hours or something like that, in Feb.

I also think it’s a given but trying to guess which day is what’s messing with my head regarding March planning. I’m guessing *maybe* MK DAH would be on Monday nights since AK’s is scheduled for Thursday. But who knows.

I also think it’s a given but trying to guess which day is what’s messing with my head regarding March planning. I’m guessing *maybe* MK DAH would be on Monday nights since AK’s is scheduled for Thursday. But who knows.

Yeah, that’s a good question - since all past Feb DAHs have been Thursday.

Like you say, who knows the mouse is thinking!

I decided to plan now as if MK DAH will be on Monday in March. But when would Hollywood Studios DAH be? I open to speculation. I need something to base my planning on.

I decided to plan now as if MK DAH will be on Monday in March. But when would Hollywood Studios DAH be? I open to speculation. I need something to base my planning on.

I hope they offer them at DHS again in the future, but I couldn't even hazard a guess as to which day of the week. Draw a day out of a hat if you must, but that would probably be just as good as anything.

I'm going to amend what I said above just slightly. If you really want to have maximum flexibility in order to take advantage of any possible DAH they might offer at DHS, just try to leave your nights free. Plan any ADR's for breakfast or lunch instead of dinner and arrange your FP's to be done in the morning or early afternoon. The more nights you can leave free, the more likely you'll be able to slide in an unexpected DAH at the last minute without upsetting the proverbial apple cart.

The last time I was trying to plan a trip, after hours at DHS had been happening consistently on Saturdays so that was what I planned on. Then, they released the schedule (finally!) but they switched after hours to Fridays! So, even though it seemed like there was no reason for them to change the schedule, they sure did. Thankfully, I already had nothing planned for our Friday night so it was easy to switch our plans around.

I'm going to amend what I said above just slightly. If you really want to have maximum flexibility in order to take advantage of any possible DAH they might offer at DHS, just try to leave your nights free. Plan any ADR's for breakfast or lunch instead of dinner and arrange your FP's to be done in the morning or early afternoon. The more nights you can leave free, the more likely you'll be able to slide in an unexpected DAH at the last minute without upsetting the proverbial apple cart.

The last time I was trying to plan a trip, after hours at DHS had been happening consistently on Saturdays so that was what I planned on. Then, they released the schedule (finally!) but they switched after hours to Fridays! So, even though it seemed like there was no reason for them to change the schedule, they sure did. Thankfully, I already had nothing planned for our Friday night so it was easy to switch our plans around.
This is a good point. We aren't on the dining plan, so I'm thinking we can just cancel any ADRs that interfere with the DAH.

Hope everyone going tonight has a great time! We'll be there next week and will report back :)

Would love to know (for those without day tickets) what time they let you in tonight?
Thanks!

A bit late...but we did DAH on 9/12... The weather that night was AWESOME.

and it turned out to be, easily, the best money we ever spent at Disney (IMO).

During our three hours we did: POTC, SM, JC, HM, Latern Photo, PPF, Barnstormer, 7DMTx3, Pooh, People Mover, BUZZ, 7DMTx3. We also stopped for drinks twice and hit the rest rooms (just trying to show how much time we had to do stuff). Finally, around 12:30ish, we decided to take some pictures of the, nearly, empty park and start heading out. We could have done a bunch more if so inclined, but it was still the perfect end to our trip.

Here's wishing that everyone else has a great a time as we did.

I just got back from DAH and it was so awesome!!! I ride every ride they had with no wait all walk on. I did mine train and HM twice. Multiple stops for drinks, popcorn, and ice cream all with no wait. Many photo opportunities and even met Cinderella. My only complaints are: Disney needs to remove day guests at closing time many people in line for photos on Main Street after 10pm and it was difficult to see where to grab snacks maybe they could have blow up stands like they do for the trick or treat stops.

I just got back from DAH and it was so awesome!!! I ride every ride they had with no wait all walk on. I did mine train and HM twice. Multiple stops for drinks, popcorn, and ice cream all with no wait. Many photo opportunities and even met Cinderella. My only complaints are: Disney needs to remove day guests at closing time many people in line for photos on Main Street after 10pm and it was difficult to see where to grab snacks maybe they could have blow up stands like they do for the trick or treat stops.
So excited for next week! What time did they let you in? In the past they've let us in around 6 but haven't heard from anyone lately...thanks!

Can I buy mine with an AP the day of, or maybe the day before? Do you still get the discount? I'm unsure that we can make it but I'd really like to go! Our date is January 13.

Can I buy mine with an AP the day of, or maybe the day before? Do you still get the discount? I'm unsure that we can make it but I'd really like to go! Our date is January 13.

You can buy online or at a ticket booth with the AP discount the day before. You can't buy with an AP/DVC discount online day of (and day of tickets have a higher price as well), but SOME guests have reported being able to get the discount day of at a ticket booth... although I tend to view this as a YMMV thing and not hard fact.

I'd buy the day before if able.

My DH and I attended last night 9/19/19. It was fantastic! We did not have a wait for any ride. Not one.

Arrived 9:45. Watched HEA on Main St. just before the turn into Tomorrowland.

Rode Peoplemover
Ate popcorn, water chaser
Then...
SM
Tomorrow Land Speedway :rotfl2:
SDMT
Ate Mickey Bar & Mickey Sandwich, water chaser
Regal Carousel
Peter Pan
Skipped IASW (only like to visit every couple of years)
HM
BTMRR
Splash
Popcorn to go with water chaser.
Skipped Pirates cause we forgot :rolleyes2 But we'd gone to the live actor version earlier in the week.
Departed at 2340, bus to Poly was prompt.

In my opinion, this is the best hard ticket event we've ever attended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!