**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Blah. I still can’t make up my mind about this thing. At least they haven’t been selling out so I can make a game time decision (famous last words), but the day of cost is annoying too.

Nothing about the VAH event really appeals to me other than just a chance to try it/try something different... which fundamentally aren’t great reasons.

Decisions, decisions...

Same here! I have been reading through this entire thread and the AK DAH thread to try to make a decision between both of them and I. JUST. CAN'T. 🤣 The only paid event I've done before to compare it to was MNSSHP once, which was also not as expensive so 🤷‍♀️

Ugh the indecisiveness

I'm hoping that it feels empty to us! The only thing we can compare to is MVMCP, which was so crowded we probably won't do again. We have our 3 FP lined up (Space, BTMRR, 7DMT) which will allow us to skip a couple rides that typically have the longest lines and focus on the others that will hopefully be walk on or 5-10 minutes.
With those FP+ you will be fine! 7DMT was the only ride that had a "long" wait during my night (posted 25 most of the event). I had a FP+ for it prior and skipped it during the event. I did Space Mountain with a FP+ before, but went back during the event because it was cool with the lights off! I walked right on. I did Pirates because it had live performers, but that wasn't anything too amazing to me. The crowds were NOTHING like MVMCP/MNSSHP. Hope you have a great time!

That's the piece that I keep coming back to...and the added entertainment does sound really fun to me...
Yes! I always take afternoon breaks and summer is no exception! I feel like I am melting between 2pm and 6pm. 😂 Love the early mornings and late nights. The Hub entertainment was a lot of fun. The DJ/emcee was so energetic throughout the night and did a great job. I have no regrets that I attended (besides the wait for a MK resort bus on the way back after 1am)!

Inside the building, they held us in a separate line until 10pm, if we wanted to be first. They were lining us up off to the left of the regular pathway inside the building. At 9:50, we were numbers 5 and 6 in line. Shortly before they let us in, the line had grown considerably. There were at least 20 to 30 people behind us. If all else fails, ask a castmember where to line up for the villains version of PotC, and they'll point you in the right direction.
thanks, this is very helpful

I never like to judge too much from afar by just app wait times, but they look pretty reasonable for 10:10pm.

Separately, saw some blogger-type tweets that there are some invited media there tonight.

If you’re there, hope you’re having fun!

I never like to judge too much from afar by just app wait times, but they look pretty reasonable for 10:10pm.

Separately, saw some blogger-type tweets that there are some invited media there tonight.

If you’re there, hope you’re having fun!
It's just like any DAH in my opinion. 5 min waits are accurate half way through. Only line is at 7D so far. Well Pan has a short one. No waits for give away snacks. No idea why last week was so off compared to others

It looks like I went the wrong week. These wait times are what I expect out of After Hours. I wonder if attendance is down because of the complaints of it being over crowded.
There's not been many nights when it was reported an over crowded so not likely. Besides the numbers who read here and go are low

Hi all. Love this thread, lots of great info.
Does anyone know for the DAH MK 10-1am how late the bakery stays open.? This is the only day we will be at MK so we want to get some of our fav treats to bring back to the hotel but do not want to walk around the park with them.

If they close early, do they let you purchase items early in eve and then go back to pick up right before they close?

Blah. I still can’t make up my mind about this thing. At least they haven’t been selling out so I can make a game time decision (famous last words), but the day of cost is annoying too.

Nothing about the VAH event really appeals to me other than just a chance to try it/try something different... which fundamentally aren’t great reasons.

Decisions, decisions...
My advice is do it
It's like NYE lite on the hub. Big fun

The one place it really differs from DAH we've done was leaving. The event ended at 1:00 but with the stage show at the end and then Maleficent runs the last time plus the crew on the train balcony you have a lot here till the end. Even though it's going on 2:00 am by the time all that's fine

Hopefully waits will be like tonight when we go on Aug 8th (last night of VAH)

Hoping this for next week, too! We’ll be there then.

Very weird that last week was so much more crowded than this one... did they just sell more tickets, or what?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter