**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We (me and two sons, ages 15 and 12), did the VAH party the night before we were departing, so it was our last park experience and a fun way to end the trip (we also got back to our resort room about 2:30am). The next day we went to Disney Springs around 9am for a few hours before heading to the airport and that worked out well for us.

We're passholders, and we went on June 20th, prior to when they gave our the passholder gift. I just did a chat with the VIPassholder site to ask about getting the ornament, and she told me that they are arranging to have the ornaments mailed to all passholders who attended the events prior to June 27th automatically, and that if I don't get them in the next 2-3 weeks to call them then. Has anyone else been told this? I'm kind of skeptical unless others start getting told the same thing.
This is interesting, as I’ve been told by 3 phone CMs now that there’s no way for us to get the ornament (we attended on 6/13) other than inquiring at MK guest services before VAH ends. Maybe I’ll call again....

Blah. I still can’t make up my mind about this thing. At least they haven’t been selling out so I can make a game time decision (famous last words), but the day of cost is annoying too.

Nothing about the VAH event really appeals to me other than just a chance to try it/try something different... which fundamentally aren’t great reasons.

Decisions, decisions...

Blah. I still can’t make up my mind about this thing. At least they haven’t been selling out so I can make a game time decision (famous last words), but the day of cost is annoying too.

Nothing about the VAH event really appeals to me other than just a chance to try it/try something different... which fundamentally aren’t great reasons.

Decisions, decisions...
Dooooo iiiiiiit :rotfl2:

It’s MNSSHP Lite!

Decisions, decisions...

I feel the same way...I feel like this thread has helped me have realistic expectations of the event, since I've done two other MK DAHs and I know this one is a bit different. I have it "planned" to do it on our last night - a short trip, only 4 nights - but I keep Mickey waffling about doing the Glow Night thing instead, but since I had planned on this, I'd have to shift other things around in order to make sure I got to MK twice during the trip (requirement), plus, I think it would be easier to get back at night from DAH based on what I was reading on the Glow Night thread and where we are staying. I am probably not making sense, but the bottom line is, I haven't purchased my tickets yet for 8/8 but I keep checking to make sure it hasn't sold out! The Villain piece does sound really fun to me, but I've done the other DAHs for the rides and it seems like for this one, you need to make some choices!

Decisions, decisions...
I say do it. We really enjoyed ourselves at the event and I thought the dance music in the hub was really fun. I like to dance though lol.

Decisions, decisions...

We are in a similar boat. By the time we would get to the party during our Aug trip, we would have already had 1 evening and 2 mornings in the MK. Nearly $600 for some theming and to stay late in the park to ride rides again is a tough sell.

Decisions, decisions...
If nothing about the event appeals to you then I'd save my money and use it somewhere else. Those that have enjoyed this event are those that went in excited to see the villains aspects of it.

Decisions, decisions...
I say do it for the pre-purchase price!

While the crowds were definitely more noticeable than previous DAHs, it was still an enjoyable event overall. Had I never been to a ticketed event, I would have thought the park was empty. The HUB felt the most congested because there was a reason to hang out with the added entertainment. Navigating a less crowded MK while the sun was down during the summer made it completely worth it to me!

If nothing about the event appeals to you then I'd save my money and use it somewhere else. Those that have enjoyed this event are those that went in excited to see the villains aspects of it.

Yeah, I know you’re right in your assessment.

The “problem” is that I’ll be at Poly.... and I’ll be honest, I have a bad case of FOMO when it comes to some Disney things. Sitting there.... staring across the Seven Seas Lagoon at the MK...wondering what all is going on....seeing the select pyro from the stage show. Those are not good conditions for my weak Disney mindset!

I too like to dance...and I'm sure my teens would like to dance with me - NOT! :rotfl:
Dh was hesitant at first but he did dance some. For the most part he stood next to me while I danced lol. We were right up in front of the castle and tons of people were dancing, not at all caring about how they looked.

The “problem” is that I’ll be at Poly.... and I’ll be honest, I have a bad case of FOMO when it comes to some Disney things. Sitting there.... staring across the Seven Seas Lagoon at the MK...wondering what all is going on....seeing the select pyro from the stage show. Those are not good conditions for my weak Disney mindset!
I’m this same way. If there’s something going on and I can see it I need to be there lol

While the crowds were definitely more noticeable than previous DAHs, it was still an enjoyable event overall. Had I never been to a ticketed event, I would have thought the park was empty. The HUB felt the most congested because there was a reason to hang out with the added entertainment. Navigating a less crowded MK while the sun was down during the summer made it completely worth it to me!
I'm hoping that it feels empty to us! The only thing we can compare to is MVMCP, which was so crowded we probably won't do again. We have our 3 FP lined up (Space, BTMRR, 7DMT) which will allow us to skip a couple rides that typically have the longest lines and focus on the others that will hopefully be walk on or 5-10 minutes.

That's the piece that I keep coming back to...and the added entertainment does sound really fun to me...

Clearly the villains have you right where they want you!

Dh was hesitant at first but he did dance some. For the most part he stood next to me while I danced lol. We were right up in front of the castle and tons of people were dancing, not at all caring about how they looked.

Love that! But really I'm kind of kidding - they are pretty goofy when they are there and definitely get into the spirit of things wherever we are! They are 14 and 12 and demanding we do CP and Lilo and Stitch breakfast, so they have definitely not outgrown the fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter