**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

It was amazing. Jenn was so sweet. I was moderately embarrassed to be gushing along with my teen but it seriously was a goal to see them (talking to them was icing on the cake). We didn’t want to take up more of their time for a photo.
You should have seen me last month. I freaked out when I saw them. I just wasn't expecting it. I was thoroughly embarrassed.

I think there was a VIP section for the bloggers for the castle show. When we were standing off to the side watching the first show, two girls walked by and one told the other they would get to watch the show later from the “VIP” section

My thoughts on what I have seen so far is that its definitely geared to adults - kind of like Universal does with HHN but obviously not as intense as HHN. It may draw the Universal crowd over.

8/29 Disney After Hours hours at 10pm-1am. You can enter the park for ALL Disney After Hours events (regardless of time) at 7pm. In practice, MK usually lets people in a bit earlier.

FYI, there is a regular (non-Villains) DAH event at MK on 8/29.
Thank you for the info!

Wow about the bloggers getting special treatment. What a crap shoot for anyone that actually paid. We’re still gonna hold off on tickets until I can read reviews from nights with less media. Plus we’ll be able to go last minute and can wait on weather

Thank you for all of the reviews! I am going next week but I am now more nervous than ever. The special treatment for the bloggers is the most concerning part for me as they never had the "true experience" of the average guest and their reviews will reflect their experience only.

UGH

Wow about the bloggers getting special treatment. What a crap shoot for anyone that actually paid. We’re still gonna hold off on tickets until I can read reviews from nights with less media. Plus we’ll be able to go last minute and can wait on weather

Maybe if people stop buying first night tickets and tell Disney why they will figure out it is not fair and either do a special event just for bloggers/vloggers (I refuse to call them “media”), make them all pay for their own tickets and food (and wait in line and find their own place to stand for the shows), severely limit the number of “official” credentialed people, or spread them out over a few events.

Hey, Disney is where dreams come true, right?

Oh well. This afternoon I finally scratched off the stuff on the back and assigned my 8/1 tickets in MDE (I was considering cancelling the trip). Then I made FPs and ALL the mountains and SDMT had multiple PM availability. I couldn't believe it. We'll see how it goes when there but I think we'll get a lot of attractions in before AH starts. Having SDMT and SM FPs will relieve some of the urgency to ride them AH, too. We'll wait to watch the show and Malificent until the end of the night, as long as the weather holds.
Now, I just have to figure out what merchandise I want beside the Headless Horseman clip!
I need to figure out something clever to say to Lady Tremaine and the Steps at dinner that night. Something about the planets aligning and attending my kind of ball :stir:

Well, I’m very happy for the Villains folks and that many people seemed to enjoy themselves. Also glad to see relatively material additions (for DAH standards) to go along with the extra cost. Seems well planned and well executed, for the most part.

I was already leaning this direction anyway, but I’m pretty sure it’ll be a pass for us. I prefer regular MK, not partied up MK - I’m fortunate enough to usually get to do things like MNSSHP, New Years, etc, for that “something different” MK vibe, so this has less appeal to me personally. Plus it’s a little too MNSSHP-like (major differences of course) and that’s just around the corner. I’m a MNSSHP-lover and I think I want to conserve my MK party time/funds for that event.

I have a 12-person trip this summer with ages ranging from 2-75. If it were just the 4 of us I’d probably feel differently and want to give Villains a try, but not sure it’s the right offering for the larger group on this particular trip.

On the plus side, that just saved me a lot of money!!

I was already debating VAH vs H20 Glow Night on my particular night, which is towards the back half of our week. Might just leave it for a “game week” decision depending on the mood/vibe/spirits of the group at that point.

But, if we were less frequent visitors, I’d likely be all over this.

Anyway, thank you to all who contributed last night, it’s always great to read real first hand reviews and fresh observations! It will be very interesting to continue to watch this latest evolution of After Hours.

Going tonight! Hoping the thunderstorms clear out by the start of the event and the weather is cooler. We don’t plan on riding a lot just mainly going for the lower crowds and cooler weather. I’ll try to report later what I see as far as event exclusive merchandise and food.

Side note: I waited too late to figure out a costume or some kind of villain attire and can’t believe that I can’t find any kind of villain themed clothing anywhere in Disney! The only thing I’ve seen is the villain themed dress by the Dress Shop in Disney Springs, but I didn’t really want to spend that much. Maybe I’ll buy an event exclusive t shirt tonight and throw it on :rotfl:
That is what I want to do! Buy an event T shirt and change there lol.

Thanks for posting the magic shots info!!
Excited about Scar for DS7, he just asked me if Scar was there since he is wearing a Scar shirt that night.
I think we are going to try to hit all the magic shots ::yes::

@Cluelyss can't wait for your reports next week!
My DS6 is also excited about the Scar magic shot! I’ve been looking for a scar shirt for mine to wear too!

Yes, thank you to everyone! I’m excited to kick off my birthday trip with this in 40 days!! I briefly pondered H2Glow but then remembered I hate water parks (couple of bad experiences on slides (not at Disney) where I either hit my head going into a tunnel because I was going too far up the sides or once in an enclosed one somehow ended up not only upside down and off my mat but turned completely around so I exited headfirst rather than feet first and pretty quickly nixed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter