**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So far since 8pm we've done RnR twice, ToT three times (walk on), Midway Mania once (walk on) and Swirling Saucers once which was about a 15 min wait because they're only running one side. SDD has been down since we've been in TSL. We've had two ice creams, popcorn and multiple drinks. No ice cream or popcorn/ drink stands in TSL that i can tell unless Woody's has stuff.

Eta: 10:15 ToT no longer quite a walk on. SDD still down. They ran some sort of tribute to movies on Mann's. Not sure if that's normal or something they added?

Last edited:
So far since 8pm we've done RnR twice, ToT three times (walk on), Midway Mania once (walk on) and Swirling Saucers once which was about a 15 min wait because they're only running one side. SDD has been down since we've been in TSL. We've had two ice creams, popcorn and multiple drinks. No ice cream or popcorn/ drink stands in TSL that i can tell unless Woody's has stuff.

Eta: 10:15 ToT no longer quite a walk on. SDD still down. They ran some sort of tribute to movies on Mann's. Not sure if that's normal or something they added?

I just checked MDE and it looks like SDD is back up. 10 min posted wait. I hope you get to ride it! This makes me nervous for our upcoming trip!

I just checked MDE and it looks like SDD is back up. 10 min posted wait. I hope you get to ride it! This makes me nervous for our upcoming trip!
Makes me nervous too!! Seems like SDD has gone now during a lot of the DAH nights. :(. I was planning on starting outside TSL to avoid the “rush” but maybe we should start in TSL incase SDD goes down.

Have you been able to skip the preshows?

Have you been able to skip the preshows?

Yes.

Booking it over there now.

Eta: man i feel like we've really earned that Ca. Grill brunch tomorrow. So much walking tonight.

11:15: got in two runs on SDD before my old man decided he couldn't do it anymore so we're getting a final ice cream and head out.

Last edited:
Just on bus now back to Movies after only a two minute wait. Left park at 11:28. I was solo. Here’s what I got done, sorry no exact times.

Arrived right at 7 as they started letting us in.
Rode ToT with FP
Shopped (had family request a shirt)
Rode ST just before park closing (I finally got to be the spy in a car of six people)
Olaf
Minnie & Mickey
ToT once or twice before official start but did ride it 3 times in a row
Ice Cream and water break
RNRC
ToT twice more
More Ice cream
Went to TSL and SDD had just shut down so I headed to TSMM before that line built
AS2 and saw SDD was getting ready to e back up so got in line and ride twice in a row in under 15 min before word spread
TSMM once more
Ice Cream
ToT to close it out

So at least twelve rides, 2 meet and greets, 3 ice creams, and I stocked up on 6 waters. Not bad. And I even sat and enjoyed the atmosphere if only while eating the ice cream. But I enjoyed it. Not sure I’d do it again personally. No real reason, just that I’ve done it.

Last edited:
We are back on the bus to pofq. We had a great time! Much better than the ak dah.

Before dah:
Tsmm fp
Rnrc fp
Tot-said 10 minutes but was a walk on

During dah:
Tot-walk on and no preshow
Rnrc x2-no preshow
Popcorn, ice cream, drinks by fantasmic
Slinky-15 min
As2-15 min (this was a bit ridiculous since they only ran one side even though there were 2-3 cms on the other side just talking)
In line to do slinky but it broke down so we left
Mickey and Minnie m&g
Star tours x2-we really enjoyed this, got two different ones we had never seen, the lady let us take a small hallway to reride and the other cms were so confused
Ice cream and drinks by Main Street
Tot-got stuck in the elevator part, it was a little unnerving and we had some scared kids with us, we sat for a good 5-10 minutes in the dark waiting
Rnrc x2
Slinky x3-we just barely made the third time but we booked it to get on again, I think it was 11:28 when we got back in line

We both felt we got our money’s worth and that’s even with slinky breaking and being stuck on tot. We probably would’ve wandered slowly and taken in the atmosphere if those things hadn’t happened. The only complaint I have is them running only one side of as2 when they clearly could’ve ran both. Other than that I can’t think of one bad thing about the event. I would do it again in a second!

We had lots of people ask why we had so many wristbands so we had to explain that a lot. We ripped those things off so fast when we got back to our hotel lol. We had them on for too long
A8C94803-AE52-40AA-B65D-B057B75C8B35.jpeg

They had a large screen with this on it and we thought that was kind of neat
2C80F77A-2FA9-4958-93C8-9595585190BB.jpeg

Last visit we were allowed 6pm entry with event ticket. Tonight it was 7pm. Park closed at 8pm both nights. WDW is always a moving Target :)

We had a great time last night. We had dinner at Sci-fi at 6:00 .Finished up by 7 and hopped on StarTours which only had a 10 minute line. It was raining when we came out so we got in line and did it again. Headed over to TSMM and stood in line to get out of the rain .It has stopped raining by the time we were done at 8. Waited about 15 minutes for Alien Swirling Saucers. I changed our strategy and did Slinky Dog first in case it rained again. Did another round of all the rides in Toy Story Land, headed towards ToT and stopped for snacks and drinks. It was a walk on and did it twice. Decided to skip RnR and saw Minnie and Mickey with no wait. Watched the movie show on the theatre with more snacks. Did a little shopping and headed on out at 10, feeling like we accomplished everything we wanted to. The boat was at the dock and it started raining on the way back. Perfect time and we would absolutely do it again. Doing MK on Thursday!

For those of you who did both AK and DHS this week, did you feel the crowd was bigger at one or the other?

We are back on the bus to pofq. We had a great time! Much better than the ak dah.

Before dah:
Tsmm fp
Rnrc fp
Tot-said 10 minutes but was a walk on

During dah:
Tot-walk on and no preshow
Rnrc x2-no preshow
Popcorn, ice cream, drinks by fantasmic
Slinky-15 min
As2-15 min (this was a bit ridiculous since they only ran one side even though there were 2-3 cms on the other side just talking)
In line to do slinky but it broke down so we left
Mickey and Minnie m&g
Star tours x2-we really enjoyed this, got two different ones we had never seen, the lady let us take a small hallway to reride and the other cms were so confused
Ice cream and drinks by Main Street
Tot-got stuck in the elevator part, it was a little unnerving and we had some scared kids with us, we sat for a good 5-10 minutes in the dark waiting
Rnrc x2
Slinky x3-we just barely made the third time but we booked it to get on again, I think it was 11:28 when we got back in line

We both felt we got our money’s worth and that’s even with slinky breaking and being stuck on tot. We probably would’ve wandered slowly and taken in the atmosphere if those things hadn’t happened. The only complaint I have is them running only one side of as2 when they clearly could’ve ran both. Other than that I can’t think of one bad thing about the event. I would do it again in a second!
Nice work! Did you have fast passes booked ahead of time for TSMM and Rnrc or did you pick them up that day?

We had a great time last night. We had dinner at Sci-fi at 6:00 .Finished up by 7 and hopped on StarTours which only had a 10 minute line. It was raining when we came out so we got in line and did it again. Headed over to TSMM and stood in line to get out of the rain .It has stopped raining by the time we were done at 8. Waited about 15 minutes for Alien Swirling Saucers. I changed our strategy and did Slinky Dog first in case it rained again. Did another round of all the rides in Toy Story Land, headed towards ToT and stopped for snacks and drinks. It was a walk on and did it twice. Decided to skip RnR and saw Minnie and Mickey with no wait. Watched the movie show on the theatre with more snacks. Did a little shopping and headed on out at 10, feeling like we accomplished everything we wanted to. The boat was at the dock and it started raining on the way back. Perfect time and we would absolutely do it again. Doing MK on Thursday!

Do you mean Movie Magic? Was this before fireworks, or did they run it again?

The only complaint I have is them running only one side of as2 when they clearly could’ve ran both. Other than that I can’t think of one bad thing about the event. I would do it again in a second!
I was pretty annoyed at the way they handled the saucers, they did finally open the second side when SDD went down but had to run the tests, and the line just kept backing up. We got out of line after not moving for 10 minutes, and went to TSM (which was a walk on) and by the time we were done, the wait for the saucers was back down to five minutes.
We watched Star Wars fireworks before doing party things.
We did RNR once
Star tours twice (nephews favorite ride)
Toy story/swirling saucers once
Slinky dog three times

Nephew could not be coaxed on to tower of terror, we maybe could have toured slightly more efficiently, but overall it was really fun,and I would do it again. (I think we will try MK next)

Question for those who attended last night, was Disney Movie Magic noted on the event handout? Thank you!

For those of you who did both AK and DHS this week, did you feel the crowd was bigger at one or the other?
I didn’t really feel like one was worse than the other. I would say hs seemed more crowded because it’s not as spread out, but the wait times were much better than at ak

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter