• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney ABC page swap- Sign ups May 5th

Thoughts from the SwapGoddess ;) :

Make the Title Letter larger and more embellished then the rest in the colors pertaining to the layout, not everyone has the cricut to cut out Mickey heads.

I really love the ABC's of ______ title page that Sarah posted

the 1x1 or 1.5 x 1.5 would be a good size. 2 x 2 would be pushing it since that would be 10 inches across and down without gaps.

If I had A for Adventure. I would put an A and the word adventure on the square.

Mirror the first page and the last page with squares, again just a 1x1 (or which ever size) square, with our info

so say I did A, I would do this on my "tag". Kind of like what we do for the circle journal sign in pages.

A - BAMB, with a pic of Bernard and Bianca
Connecticut
DIS ???? some kind of catchy title for our group

ETA: and my A would go in the same spot as the A in the title page.

Ohh, I like that idea! :thumbsup2

I'm in too. I have always wanted to do a scrapbook for donation and MAW is a great organization. We have some friends from church that just went on a MAW trip to Disney World with their dd and it was a great experience.

A few questions--Are we required to use a page sketch? Or can we come up with our own layout?

I think it's probably best to stick with 4x6 photo sizes personally. Not everyone wants to "cut" their photos--remember the first time you cropped a picture? It can be hard for people who do not scrapbook. I think we should keep it easy for them to fill with photos.

I like the idea of the "letter for the page" being on a black Mickey Head or it can just be larger and stickled so it stands out.

The little squares idea that Sarah posted is really cute and wouldn't be hard to do using our scraps from the page creation.

Just curious...how do we ship that many 12x12 pages to you? What kind of box holds that many? (Am I correct that we need to do 30 pages?) I was thinking maybe a pizza box that we cover in brown paper--but it's not water safe? Is there any way to ship this cheaper? I can imagine the cost to ship 30 12x12 pages will be a lot.

So at the end of the swap we'll get back a full ABC album for us to keep as well right?

Is this 11 people now? So close:cool1:

No, you don't have to use a sketch.

Yes, you will get back a whole ABC set.

I just fit 44 pages in a large flat rate box. That box should fit your 30!

Thoughts from the SwapGoddess ;) :

Make the Title Letter larger and more embellished then the rest in the colors pertaining to the layout, not everyone has the cricut to cut out Mickey heads.

I really love the ABC's of ______ title page that Sarah posted

the 1x1 or 1.5 x 1.5 would be a good size. 2 x 2 would be pushing it since that would be 10 inches across and down without gaps.

If I had A for Adventure. I would put an A and the word adventure on the square.

Mirror the first page and the last page with squares, again just a 1x1 (or which ever size) square, with our info

so say I did A, I would do this on my "tag". Kind of like what we do for the circle journal sign in pages.

A - BAMB, with a pic of Bernard and Bianca
Connecticut
DIS ???? some kind of catchy title for our group

ETA: and my A would go in the same spot as the A in the title page.

The only problem will be that we will be doing 2 pn the first page and 1 on the last page so you can do them matching but not the same size of the layout will be very different- you can't necessarily keep them in a order that would make sense unless you assign letters beside each other to everyone.

Rebecca

The more I look at the little squares with each letter for the ABC page that Sarah posted the more I like it. I know someone mentioned maybe just doing that for the 2 MAW books. Would anyone else be interested in doing enough for everyone? That way we'd all get a set that we can assemble later at home onto our own title page for our ABC book. I just think that is so unique!! I know it's extra work, but I think stuff like that goes pretty quick when it's just an assembly line. Just throwing the thought out there.

I think the squares are cute. I like the idea that is posted. I wouldn't want to do a square of a photo of me though. I am not sure I quite understand squares...I need really explicit directions.

Traci mentioned keeping to 4x6 photos. I think that is a good idea. As much as I loved doing the sketches with the different sizes, I think the expediency of dealing with only 4x6 photos for this album is more important. When I filled the 8x8 albums we did, it was great to just print them and slap them in. I am sure that we can find sketches with 4x6 spots if we want them; I already found one that I liked.

Just to clarify - -there is no idea that has been posted that is make or break for me. I'll be happy to be a part of this swap regardless of how you decide to set up the requirements.

I'm in too. I have always wanted to do a scrapbook for donation and MAW is a great organization. We have some friends from church that just went on a MAW trip to Disney World with their dd and it was a great experience.

A few questions--Are we required to use a page sketch? Or can we come up with our own layout?No you are not required to do a page sketch. It will just be a third option. I listed the other two I believe on the first page, so you can see those requirements. It is the base of how the completed page swaps have been done here.

I think it's probably best to stick with 4x6 photo sizes personally. Not everyone wants to "cut" their photos--remember the first time you cropped a picture? It can be hard for people who do not scrapbook. I think we should keep it easy for them to fill with photos.I think I will be putting a small photo trimmer in the gift basket. When I write out the details of the swap one of them will be for the MAW pages if the size of the photo placement is different than the 4x6, to write it in pencil so when the receiptant gets the book they will know how small to trim the photo. A lot of our completed pages(without uses sketches) have been a different sizes other then the 4x6, even though we do know how to do our trimming. I do understand the concern on this factor.

I like the idea of the "letter for the page" being on a black Mickey Head or it can just be larger and stickled so it stands out.

The little squares idea that Sarah posted is really cute and wouldn't be hard to do using our scraps from the page creation.

Just curious...how do we ship that many 12x12 pages to you? What kind of box holds that many? (Am I correct that we need to do 30 pages?) I was thinking maybe a pizza box that we cover in brown paper--but it's not water safe? Is there any way to ship this cheaper? I can imagine the cost to ship 30 12x12 pages will be a lot.When I have shipped my 12x12 pages I have ordered on line from the usps a priority box that fits the 12x12 perfectly. The bar code number is 0-1095. It is not a flat rate, but it does fit nicely. The flat rate large box for me is harder to get the pages to fit nicely without bending them. You could use a pizza box to ship. Others can chime in on what works best for them.

So at the end of the swap we'll get back a full ABC album for us to keep as well right?
Yes indeed you will. And they are beutiful. Here is a link to last years ABC completed Disney swap hosted by rlovew :http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2167843&highlight=disney+abc+swap+completed+pages

I am sooo glad you are going to join. It is a lot of work and expensive, but worth it, especially when you just slap some pictures on and your layout is complete.

I think the squares are cute. I like the idea that is posted. I wouldn't want to do a square of a photo of me though. I am not sure I quite understand squares...I need really explicit directions.
I am a little confused on this one too. Need to reread the post on it.
Traci mentioned keeping to 4x6 photos. I think that is a good idea. As much as I loved doing the sketches with the different sizes, I think the expediency of dealing with only 4x6 photos for this album is more important. When I filled the 8x8 albums we did, it was great to just print them and slap them in. I am sure that we can find sketches with 4x6 spots if we want them; I already found one that I liked.That is a good idea that way it will keep it to the basic standard and I will still be able to put this option into the swap, which I really wanted to do. I just looked at the 13 sketches I had choosen and only one has 4x6 :scared1:. Guess I will need to go do more research to find us some more choices to use.

Just to clarify - -there is no idea that has been posted that is make or break for me. I'll be happy to be a part of this swap regardless of how you decide to set up the requirements.

Hey as long as you are in. I cant wait to go to AK and visit Hambre Village. That page you did from last year I love, but sadly no pictures. I will this time.:thumbsup2. I think I have used all of your others, except for the MNSSHP pages, because no photos yet.

rlovew said:
The only problem will be that we will be doing 2 pn the first page and 1 on the last page so you can do them matching but not the same size of the layout will be very different- you can't necessarily keep them in a order that would make sense unless you assign letters beside each other to everyone.

Rebecca

huh? I'm not following you?

So if we find all 13 people, do we get to have signups earlier and a later due date? I'm so used to being in a swap that after next week I dont know what Im going to do with myself, and I dont know when the cruise swap will actually be! I'm a child of routine and Im so used to working on swaps for 30min per day!:goodvibes

huh? I'm not following you?

Because 13 people are making 2 letters - 26 squares on the first page.

Last page would only have the 13 squares on it and what order should they be in? How would they be arranged?

At least that is my take on the concern. I could be soo far off base. :rotfl2:

Because 13 people are making 2 letters - 26 squares on the first page.

Last page would only have the 13 squares on it and what order should they be in? How would they be arranged?

At least that is my take on the concern. I could be soo far off base. :rotfl2:

Yep that is it- unless you have 2 letters beside each other- so you have an order then the front page won't match the back.

If you are ok with a newbie joining this swap I'd enjoying being lucky 13!

Hey, welcome TIC! :wave2: The guidelines for playing are totally up to NemoMom, but what I will toss in is that I was a newbie exactly a year ago here. Everyone made me feel totally welcomed and I jumped into swapping after previously laughing at everyone else being "swap monkeys!" I'm having a ball!

My first swap ever was last year's Disney ABC page swap. And it was challenging! Not so much coming up with the designs - that was fun! - but doing SO many (13) of each page! (Times two, of course, because we all took two letters.) I *thought* it would be a lot of work, but it was a LOT of work! I remember thinking (as I was assembling the endless stream of pages!) that perhaps starting out by joining a smaller group-sized swap would have worked out better for me. Not trying to scare you off at all, but just input from someone who has been there. So, if you decide to play - you will work hard, have fun, and get back an awesome book filled with terrific pages from some clever folks.

Again, welcome and we look forward to you becoming a DIS scrap swapper!

Pam

Hey, welcome TIC! :wave2: The guidelines for playing are totally up to NemoMom, but what I will toss in is that I was a newbie exactly a year ago here. Everyone made me feel totally welcomed and I jumped into swapping after previously laughing at everyone else being "swap monkeys!" I'm having a ball!

My first swap ever was last year's Disney ABC page swap. And it was challenging! Not so much coming up with the designs - that was fun! - but doing SO many (13) of each page! (Times two, of course, because we all took two letters.) I *thought* it would be a lot of work, but it was a LOT of work! I remember thinking (as I was assembling the endless stream of pages!) that perhaps starting out by joining a smaller group-sized swap would have worked out better for me. Not trying to scare you off at all, but just input from someone who has been there. So, if you decide to play - you will work hard, have fun, and get back an awesome book filled with terrific pages from some clever folks.

Again, welcome and we look forward to you becoming a DIS scrap swapper!

Pam

Thanks for the advice. If a spot is available to me I'd really like to be involved in this swap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter