Disney ABC page swap- Sign ups May 5th

I am planning to join.

1. Lands: I can always use MK lands, the others not as much, but I can make it work.
Rides: I like them, but if we are giving them to MAW, any kids under 40inches can't ride the headliners....
Probably just stick with the general disney for the reason like you mentioned for the MAW kids, and some may not go to every park either.
2. Sketches: I love them. I would like to use one. I don't mind finding my own. However, my concerns: are all sketches equal? Do you need to include your sketch so people know the photo size? (Do we want MAW people to have to measure the spots?) Do we have to pick a sketch with a 4x6 photo or a certain number of photo spots?
Good question. Still pondering on this idea. I have thought that on just 2 of the pages the swapper can write in the measurements in pencil so they can be cut to size. To make sure they have a cutter I am sure I can find 2 little 4x6 ones at a reasonable price and can put those in the gift basket. Just some thoughts.
3. No extra page groups for me this time.
I think your right on this as well. With the additional pages for the MAW part it would make it a lot, so to keep it more simple just leave it with the abc part.
4. Title/end: As long as I don't have to do it, I am fine with or without. I would suggest NOT having it as an option at signups, but if you end up with an extra person who wants in, then add the spot.
Good idea. Last year ABC completed pages I did not make a special book for it I have just used the pages for different trips. I can always make 2 title pages for the MAW books. And use the ending pages for tags or little cards from us to put in the books.

Z: Zoom (or did we use that last year?)

Q: Quest for Fun, Quotable Moments

I hope this doesn't come across too critical -- I think Electric Parade, Villians, and the trashcans are too specific. The electric parade would be especially hard for me to get a photo - -is that the one that goes by the monorail resorts? I don't know who Pipa is. THe villians...I always seem to find them and I could definitely use that page, but is that because I usually go to MNSSHP?

I love your MAW idea and I am looking forward to being a part of this project.

Not critical at all!:goodvibes Very helpful. I was a little if if on the parade and trash cans. The villians not as much. I will go take those two off the idea page.

Would you all prefer a sooner start date or maybe a later due date ... at the end of September. I should be caught up from my return from the world. I would like to deliver the books to MAW on my ds13:littleangel: birthday, so it can be a way to honor him.

I would rather have extra time now. My WDW trip is in Sept, so I'd want to be done before hand. However, the dates you have listed are perfectly fine.

I think we need to re-visit AWM's letter question. In the first ABC page swap, the requirement was that the first letter stand out in someway - -bigger, different color, matted extra, stickeled or bling etc. I think we did the same last year too.

So I read Ann's question as, does the letter need to be different in someway?

and
for the MAW books, do we want to have this letter somewhat standard (pick from a few colors) so they can see the ABC theme a little easier?

I would rather have extra time now. My WDW trip is in Sept, so I'd want to be done before hand. However, the dates you have listed are perfectly fine.

I think we need to re-visit AWM's letter question. In the first ABC page swap, the requirement was that the first letter stand out in someway - -bigger, different color, matted extra, stickeled or bling etc. I think we did the same last year too.

So I read Ann's question as, does the letter need to be different in someway?

and
for the MAW books, do we want to have this letter somewhat standard (pick from a few colors) so they can see the ABC theme a little easier?

Gotcha ya :thumbsup2. I understand now what AWM is asking. I will go ponder on it for awhile see what ideas come to mind.

I will start getting this together and see about opening it in April, so it will give some extra time.

:flower3: Thank you for explaining it better for me Susan.

I wouldn't expect all MAW families to be into scrapbooking. Having the ABC letter be uniform will promote continuity and make the book's function more obvious. I have noticed that in a lot of the ABC books you buy, the letters are either the same colors, same fonts or same theme [animals normally]. I thought we might want that for our books too.

So if our top layers were pick from red, black, yellow; our shadows could be any color or pattern. Then, no matter where the title landed on the layout, it would still stand out as the "letter" of the page. And then all our pages would flow together even though they are different colors and themes.

Or all the letters are on top of a Mickey Head background.

Just something to tie them together.

So what would be the best approach to this so the book can be uniformed, but everyone will be able to work with it for their page and fit into any color combination. This might be hard to do and not infringe on the creativity part of it. I know I have already ordered my paper for one of my letter choices and it is blue and white. Also is it important to look uniformed? I do think the first letter should stand out like it did in the ABC swap last year. Any suggestions? With the books, like last time, I can write a letter to explain how the book came about and that it is an ABC book.

I think asking for a uniform color could be hard unless we want to limit the colors in the book but a specific size for the larger letter might work. If we want it to be a uniform color for the top layer I would say it needs to be either black or white so it can go with whatever plan the maker has- any of the other colors can clash depending on the theme and colors of the page.

I agree with Rebecca. Unless we go with standard colors for the pages themselves, it may be hard to pick colors for the letters. How about requiring the letter be on a Mickey head?

I don't have anything planned, but Shawn you do. WHat would having that as a requirement do to your current plan? Is it too hard or just wrong to adjust to that?

Another suggestion -- pick a certain size for the letter, in inches, not cricut dial size (you can use the real dial size to make sure it is the right height), and require it to be stickled or use glitter paper.

I agree with Rebecca. Unless we go with standard colors for the pages themselves, it may be hard to pick colors for the letters. How about requiring the letter be on a Mickey head?

I don't have anything planned, but Shawn you do. WHat would having that as a requirement do to your current plan? Is it too hard or just wrong to adjust to that?

Another suggestion -- pick a certain size for the letter, in inches, not cricut dial size (you can use the real dial size to make sure it is the right height), and require it to be stickled or use glitter paper.

Do you mean like if I have a "F" to then place it on top of a Mickey head that I cut out?

Yes. Or you can use the Mickey Font cart and and use the feature that cuts the letter out of the Mickey head.

Or the requirment could be simpler - -put it on a small tag, or a small box, a circle - -what do you think would work?

I like the Mickey head ideas much more than uniform. If there's too much uniformity creativity goes out the window and it may be harder for me to do since this is my first time doing this particular swap.
I'm going to need handholding with this one.:goodvibes

I'm not planning to be in this swap, but I'm gonna throw in my opinion anyway! Why not just do it like in the past, where the first letter needed to be bigger and stand out from the others. When Shawn puts the books together for Make-a-Wish, she could just put a note on there explaining the concept of the scrapbook. Just seems it would be simplier that way.:goodvibes

So the question is do we need something to tie all the letters together or just have requirements for the first letter for it to stand out. I was aiming for the latter, but will go with the majority. I am planning on having a card in each gift basket to include how this album came together and can include that it is an ABC album. Thoughts?

:rotfl2: Cool. I've never opened a can of worms before. :thumbsup2

I'm good with whatever works for everyone else. I just wanted to throw it out there just in case it did matter and we didn't talk about it before hand.

Black or White would work with almost any color combination we come up with our layouts. A Mickey Head works nicely too. A specific size is also good. And if we don't need to make the letter stand out, that works for me too.

Since you already have ideas and you are in charge, it should be your call. Your swap your rules. :)

Next question:
Are you putting these into page protectors? Do you want us to not use moving parts or hidden journaling?

:rotfl2: Cool. I've never opened a can of worms before. :thumbsup2

I'm good with whatever works for everyone else. I just wanted to throw it out there just in case it did matter and we didn't talk about it before hand.

Black or White would work with almost any color combination we come up with our layouts. A Mickey Head works nicely too. A specific size is also good. And if we don't need to make the letter stand out, that works for me too.

Since you already have ideas and you are in charge, it should be your call. Your swap your rules. :)

Next question:
Are you putting these into page protectors? Do you want us to not use moving parts or hidden journaling?

You did not open a can of worms just something that could be considered. I have been trying to find some examples with google but no luck. Just for curosity. I did find another disney abc swap on another board and boy let me tell you our pages are so much nicer. The other one looked like something my ds could have slapped together. Love this board and the quality of work we get back. Never will I swap any where else.

The answer to your question is yes I will be putting them in page protectors, but you can still have hidden journaling (which if there is some I will mention in the card so the person knows about it) or moving parts. I can do what I do with my pages when I have those and that is to use an xacto knife and cut a small slit so it will work with the page protector.

I think I found a nice example of cohesive letters throughout an ABC book, if you want to check it out. :thumbsup2

Example (can click through all the pages in the book)

I think using a Mickey head instead of a circle would look awesome. :thumbsup2

Oh! An while browsing, I found a really cute idea for the title page, if you decide to have one (ABC of Disney, instead):
141133600x600.jpg

Credits

Maybe everyone who makes a page could make a little 1x1, 2x2 decorated square using the papers they used, then the hostess could glue them all down. Just an idea (maybe just for the MAW books, not all of them?)! :thumbsup2

I would love to join in on this swap! I have never done an abc swap, so I don't have ideas for you, whatever the majority wants is fine with me. ;)

I do like that idea. Maybe we could use it instead of making tags and I could use it for the last page.

Thoughts from the SwapGoddess ;) :

Make the Title Letter larger and more embellished then the rest in the colors pertaining to the layout, not everyone has the cricut to cut out Mickey heads.

I really love the ABC's of ______ title page that Sarah posted

the 1x1 or 1.5 x 1.5 would be a good size. 2 x 2 would be pushing it since that would be 10 inches across and down without gaps.

If I had A for Adventure. I would put an A and the word adventure on the square.

Mirror the first page and the last page with squares, again just a 1x1 (or which ever size) square, with our info

so say I did A, I would do this on my "tag". Kind of like what we do for the circle journal sign in pages.

A - BAMB, with a pic of Bernard and Bianca
Connecticut
DIS ???? some kind of catchy title for our group

ETA: and my A would go in the same spot as the A in the title page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter