• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney 2000 days in a row???

Really the only thing surprising me about this is that he's not here posting responses. He sounds like a shoe-in to be active on here.

He was obviously purchasing a DL AP with no blackout dates. He could afford to travel other places.

It looks like he found a job part way through that first year, when he and his first girlfriend went every day for 365 days.

And even if he's dropping 1000 dollars a year on an AP, that's still comparable to just a short trip abroad. And, rather than just representing seven days in Paris, that thousand dollars instead covers 365 days of entertainment. Which is good value for your money, if you're on a tight budget.

Which is not to say that he's obliged to spend his money on travel anyway, or that it's in any way "sad" if he's perfectly happy not travelling.

It looks like he found a job part way through that first year, when he and his first girlfriend went every day for 365 days.

And even if he's dropping 1000 dollars a year on an AP, that's still comparable to just a short trip abroad. And, rather than just representing seven days in Paris, that thousand dollars instead covers 365 days of entertainment. Which is good value for your money, if you're on a tight budget.

Which is not to say that he's obliged to spend his money on travel anyway, or that it's in any way "sad" if he's perfectly happy not travelling.
Traveling doesn't mean abroad. There are so many places to see within a days drive of LA that he could travel to and not spend anywhere close to $1000.

I'm sticking with my initial opinion from when I heard about this a few days ago ~ it is sad and pathetic that Disney has become his crutch in lieu of family and friends and real life.

Traveling doesn't mean abroad. There are so many places to see within a days drive of LA that he could travel to and not spend anywhere close to $1000.

I'm sticking with my initial opinion from when I heard about this a few days ago ~ it is sad and pathetic that Disney has become his crutch in lieu of family and friends and real life.

He's employed and has a girlfriend. This is just something he does every day. Big deal.

I worked for someone who grew up in Hawaii. When her mom visited, she had to go to Longs Drugs every day, just like she did in Hawaii. That was just a routine. I don't know if she could do that now, since CVS bought out Longs and rebranded all the stores, except for the ones in Hawaii. They're a loyal bunch there.

If I think that it's sad and pathetic to judge other people's lives as sad and pathetic just because they're making choices that are different from what you'd want to do with your life... does that make me sad and pathetic, too?

Maybe we're all sad and pathetic... Which reminds me, I should go do something more productive, than hanging out on the Dis! :laughing:

The expense angle didn't really bother me. I figured he had bought the first pass while still employed, and simply began to take more advantage of it during the time off, then had found a new job by the time it expired.

If I lived that close to Disneyland, an AP would definitely be a line item in my budget!

I feel like the commitment to do that is too much. To not be able to go far away from home is too much for me. How is he ever going to Disney World without breaking his streak?

But what if he's just not interested in what LA has to offer? I'm not - does that make me sad and pathetic, LOL? And perhaps his family is made up of jerks, and we know he does have a girlfriend. And what exactly do you mean by real life? Going to DL and seeing people he is friendly with is real.

I feel like the commitment to do that is too much. To not be able to go far away from home is too much for me. How is he ever going to Disney World without breaking his streak?

Maybe he's not interested?

If I think that it's sad and pathetic to judge other people's lives as sad and pathetic just because they're making choices that are different from what you'd want to do with your life... does that make me sad and pathetic, too?

Maybe we're all sad and pathetic... Which reminds me, I should go do something more productive, than hanging out on the Dis! :laughing:
The OP asked what people thought. I answered. It isn't my problem you don't like my answer. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter