Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

QOTD: Are you good at remaining focused on your own journey or do you find yourself comparing yourself to others? What are you proud of your body for achieving?

I'm trying really hard not to compare myself to others. I'm pretty much in this boat of never being satisfied with my body. I've been 40 pounds lighter than where I'm at now and still felt "fat" and was chasing losing another 10 pounds. So for me at this time I'm focusing on what I do like about my body but also not even really trying to focus on my body at all and focusing on what I enjoy. I like the feeling of being done with a good work. I also love food and that's never going to change. And while I know I could majorly change my eating and get that cut body that we're told is the ideal body, I wouldn't be truly happy because I'd be missing ice cream and donuts. So For me this isn't necessarily a "weight loss" journey (although that's certainly a benefit) but a way to find a sustainable, healthy lifestyle where I feel comfortable with the way I look and feel while staying true to myself.

Soooo I've been MIA because I've been in a funk. I just have not been motivated this past week and I can't even tell you why. I was signed up for a workout last night and seriously would have rather done anything else in the world. The only thing that motivated to go was if you don't use your pre-paid classes, you loose them. So I went. And you know what? It helped me find a little more motivation. I was ready to throw in the towel on the whole program (I was in a pretty bad mood apparently LOL), but now I'm back on track to sign up for next month too.

QOTD: Are you good at remaining focused on your own journey or do you find yourself comparing yourself to others? What are you proud of your body for achieving?

Timely question for me!!! I have been struggling to keep up the journey in general -- but it is hard sometimes not to look at my SIL who goes to the same gym and did the same meal plan that I'm doing. However, she lost 40 lbs...... I am not loosing anything yet. Key differences that really matter-- she can afford in both time and money to go almost everyday. I struggle to get in 2 a week. Major difference. So, yeah. I definitely have to keep that in mind.

But I am super proud of the changes I am seeing in my body so far. I still cannot complete full rounds of everything in the time allotted and still feel like a bowl of jell-o after every class, but I am able to get through more than my first class. Also, I am able to maintain longer and longer in the "orange zone" (which is the good calorie burning zone). Still not up to goal yet, (goal is at least 12, started at 4 now I'm at 8!) but I can see that my body is getting stronger! Woohoo for that!

Focus? Not this gal... I've got a very sketchy track record when it comes to sticking to things. I don't fall in to comparing myself to others, just to measuring against the vision of what I think I should be. I'm currently back at my highest weight and feeling generally crappy... I keep waiting for the switch to flip, but so far not a peep. As yucky as I'm feeling, yesterday a new co-worker asked me how long I'd been with the company - 34 years. His response was "So, you started when you were 10?" 34 + 10 = estimated age of 44... only off by 18 years, so that was pretty flattering, and kind of a relief as I am very age-sensitive at work.

Thursday is laundry day, the first of the weekend chores... woohoo. Tonight I also need to cut out the paper hearts my Sis wants on the remembrance tree at the celebration Saturday: they are for folks to write down favorite recollections about my SIL. Other than that, I'm finishing the second in a pair of socks, my first pair to actually be completed. The promotion my yarn store is doing currently is filling your sock drawer with hand knit socks, so I am going to go out Sunday to find some super awesome sock yarn, because part of the reason I keep losing interest and not finishing the second sock is the yarns I've been working with.

Happy Thursday all!

I am the worst about comparing myself to others. It is so easy for me to get wrapped up in what someone else is doing or has accomplished. Especially if it is something I want. I have started to learned through running to be happy with my own journey and that there is no way to accurately to compare yourself to others, because everyone's journey is so different, so you shouldn't try. I am proud of my body for completing the Dopey Challenge!!

So For me this isn't necessarily a "weight loss" journey (although that's certainly a benefit) but a way to find a sustainable, healthy lifestyle where I feel comfortable with the way I look and feel while staying true to myself.

I agree this is the best way to do it - I definitely still want a few donuts in my life as well!

Soooo I've been MIA because I've been in a funk. I just have not been motivated this past week and I can't even tell you why.

I know that feeling - I certainly haven't led by example this month.

But I am super proud of the changes I am seeing in my body so far. I still cannot complete full rounds of everything in the time allotted and still feel like a bowl of jell-o after every class, but I am able to get through more than my first class. Also, I am able to maintain longer and longer in the "orange zone" (which is the good calorie burning zone). Still not up to goal yet, (goal is at least 12, started at 4 now I'm at 8!) but I can see that my body is getting stronger! Woohoo for that!

Hang in there it sounds like you are making some good gains - but remember if you really hate that type of exercise it won't stick long term - so I hope you are finding some enjoyment in it.

My woohoo Wednesday a day late is that I signed up for a month trial of Beach Body and Shakeology. I wanted to get extra nutrition and see how the videos are. So there is my plan for the next month. See what happens in 30 days.

Hope it works for you . let us know how it goes :-)

I'm currently back at my highest weight and feeling generally crappy... I keep waiting for the switch to flip, but so far not a peep. As yucky as I'm feeling, yesterday a new co-worker asked me how long I'd been with the company - 34 years. His response was "So, you started when you were 10?" 34 + 10 = estimated age of 44... only off by 18 years, so that was pretty flattering, and kind of a relief as I am very age-sensitive at work.

:goodvibes to help with that switch flipping! I suspect that with all emotions your family has had in the past few months you are just not ready yet but I am sure that moment will come. What a lovely compliment from your co-worker!

I am proud of my body for completing the Dopey Challenge!!

You definitely should be proud of your body for that !

It can make me work harder. More of a motivator for me I guess.

Well that is good that it motivates you - sometimes it makes me want to hide lol

I admit I compare myself all too often - I compare my current self to my younger thinner self - I compare myself to family and friends who are the same or similar age to me and much thinner. I compare myself to the few friends that are bigger than me and think oh well I'm thinner that they are! Sometimes I think it is motivating but then it all seems to hard and I get lose it. But as @Lady Marie said whilst I compare my body I do not always compare the lifestyle that may go with that body.

I am proud that my body grew 3 healthy babies - 2 at once!!! I am proud that despite my not treating it so well and doubting it sometimes it continues to help me live and be mostly healthy (no serious illness or disease) everyday. I just really need to treat it a bit better and help it be stronger and maintain health for the long future I wish for.

I am having a rough night tonight. A 6 year old at my daughters school was in a drunk driving accident this past weekend. A guy driving a F-350 pickup hit them going full force while they were stopped at a stop light pushing them into the intersection. It was a 6 car accident. We got notified by the school this afternoon that the little girl passed away. We don't know her or her family put the whole school is feeling this loss. It is hard as an adult to comprehend let alone try to explain it to little kids. I will never understand why someone would drive after they were drinking. I am really having a hard time with this tonight.

I tend to compare what I could eat at 18 doing both college swim team and dance team to what my body can do today in my early 40s having been diagnosed with chronic fatique and fibromyellga in my late 20s early 30s. My mind still says yes to all the things that I used to be able to do so easily but my body says hell to the no sweetheart forget it not happening.
I am proud that I have proven medical science wrong and I am not in a wheel chair ( not even part time) though I do welcome the gator rides at our fairgrounds especially when we end up parking clear out in the exhibitors lot especially when it's 100 plus in August and there is no shade.

I am having a rough night tonight. A 6 year old at my daughters school was in a drunk driving accident this past weekend. A guy driving a F-350 pickup hit them going full force while they were stopped at a stop light pushing them into the intersection. It was a 6 car accident. We got notified by the school this afternoon that the little girl passed away. We don't know her or her family put the whole school is feeling this loss. It is hard as an adult to comprehend let alone try to explain it to little kids. I will never understand why someone would drive after they were drinking. I am really having a hard time with this tonight.

I'm so sorry to hear this :grouphug: I wish i had the magic words that would make it better. In high school I had 3 classmates killed in a car accident and I still remember how hard it was for everyone at the school in the weeks that followed. I don't understand why anyone would drink and drive either. It ruins so many lives.

Got 15 laps done during my 12 minute walk time for Thursday.
I also don't understand people who drink and drive and I hope the person gets the book thrown at them and even more so if they have prior arrests for drinking and driving though the first offense should be so stringent that it helps deter people from ever even thinking about doing it the second time.

More :hug: from me. How awful for that family and your school community. There really is no excuse for Driving under the influence be it Drink or Drugs. Prayers for the family and you as well.

Good Friday morning all! I've been super busy here and have lost track of how many days it has been since I was able to pop on for any chatter or QOTD responses! So sorry! Just finishing up a morning online shift right now.

DD returned to school on Wednesday, so Monday and Tuesday were busy with last minute laundry and packing. The weather on Tuesday ended up being bad enough to have no school AND no WW meeting that night.... while it was nice to have a guilt-free day at home, I'll definitely be missing the pay.

My "baby boy" turned 19 yesterday! We had to make plans to have dinner with him over the weekend, as he has a night class on Thursdays... but I was able to head there and enjoy about an hour over coffee chatting with him.

It doesn't appear that I'll be working at school today, so I'll try to pop on later today to catch up!.........P

Happy Friday :D

the-avengers-black-widow-01.jpg

Black Widow has reinvented herself many times she has been a ballerina, teacher, fashion designer, intelligence operative and now a licenced superhero. This journey we are all on might be a reinvention of ourselves ... certainly some of our friends have achieved this already and shared with us in the past their fantastic before/after photos - truly inspirational. The first month of 2017 reinventions is coming to a close soon - it has gone so fast.

QOTD: How are you feeling about your steps towards reinvention this month? Are you excited for what the year may hold and ready to BE the new Superhero you?

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the congrats on Sunday's race. :) I've had 0 time for much of anything fun this week because grad school classes started back up. I did want to check in about my goal though, which was to lose 10 pounds in the month of January--I'm at 11.8, which means I've met my goal at 110%! :jumping1::dancer::banana::cheer2: I might not see you much for the rest of this month but I'll be sure to join in once February starts. We're so close! Keep working hard!

View attachment 217408

Black Widow has reinvented herself many times she has been a ballerina, teacher, fashion designer, intelligence operative and now a licenced superhero. This journey we are all on might be a reinvention of ourselves ... certainly some of our friends have achieved this already and shared with us in the past their fantastic before/after photos - truly inspirational. The first month of 2017 reinventions is coming to a close soon - it has gone so fast.

QOTD: How are you feeling about your steps towards reinvention this month? Are you excited for what the year may hold and ready to BE the new Superhero you?

I feel like I am doing a good job. I have not met my goal this month and I don't think I will, However I haven't weighed this since about 2011. I am slowly working towards my goal. I like moving slowly because I feel like I can sustain it. I don't always eat great. I have my days, but I continue to get my steps in and most days eat really good. I know I know I have a few more things to change. I need to eat more fruits and veggies.

++++++++++

Last night and this morning have been rough on me. Last night all I wanted to do is eat junk. More like cookie dough and ice cream. But I didn't. I told myself that it was not going to make me feel any better. Plus I didn't want to go back out to buy it. I ended yesterday at about 1000 calories. I am not if i will make it through today without eating some candy but I will limit to 1 candy bar and maybe a pop.

My daughter finally started to talk some about how she was feeling. She was holding back tears and she really did not want to cry. I told it is ok to cry. This is very sad and it does hurt. As she gets older I am realizing that she does not want to show her feelings. Unless she is mad then the whole world will know. I did give my kids some extra hugs and kisses last night. I even gave them a kiss while they were sleeping last night and this morning.

I wish I could with my daughter at school today. I know it is going to be a rough one for the students and staff. I have read on facebook that some of the kids are blaming themselves and that just breaks my heart.

Good Morning Super Heroes!! Hope you all had wonderful weekends.

Here we are at the start of another week... So I must admit I have been struggling a bit with the Guardians of the Galaxy characters and linking them to our healthy journey - probably because I am not as familiar with them. So this may be a bit of a reach lol.

Groot is a tree like character, he has mind powers that enable him to influence other plant life to help defend himself. So lets talk about our plant based foods of fruit and vegetables as we all know they contain nutrients that help us with our general health but also can help to defend us from diseases and illnesses. I know some of you have been trying vegetarian meals quite a bit lately.

QOTD: What are you favourite fruits and vegetables or favourite fruit/vegetable recipe? Are there any that you are eating for a specific purpose?

It would be easier to list the fruits and veggies that I DON'T like.... because honestly I like most of them. But if I have to list my favorites I'll say.... apples, bananas, watermelon, grapefruit, blueberries, avocado, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, onions, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots.... obviously Is am having a hard time narrowing it down!

I don't eat anything for a "specific purpose" other than to fuel my body in a healthy way!

Recipes.... I have LOTS of healthy veggie-loaded recipes that I try to make on a regular basis.... some of the favorites are on the recipe thread that I've mentioned before....

http://www.disboards.com/threads/wish-away-the-pounds-healthy-recipe-thread-new-title.2447512/

Some of my favorites from that thread are the curried carrot soup (don't knock it until you try it!), Heidi's curried chicken, cauliflower fried "rice", and layered ratatouille.

Good Morning Super Heroes - lets get back on track! It is WOOHOO WEDNESDAY!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Okay a series of woohooey (yep I am making up words now lol) gifs from Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers and Dr Strange as I like them all and want to encourage woohoos and celebrations from everyone ... so hope these get you in the mood!

Well.... a little late, but DD and I got her moved back into her school apartment with clean laundry, a freezer FULL of prepped/cooked meals and a load of groceries... her semester should be off to a good start! WOOHOO!

Good morning friends :D

As much as we all love our Super Heroes it is important to remember that like us they also have flaws. As we take our healthy journey some flaws we are working on and some we learn to live with or even be proud of. Even though we know we shouldn't many of us can't help but compare ourselves to others and in the day of social media, selfies and advertisements with their before and after shots (some are so obviously bad! - there is one on tv here are the moment for some cream that is supposed to firm and lift our saggy neck skin and jawline - the before photos the chin position is clearly tucked down to exagerate the double chin and in the after photo they are clearly tilting their head back lol ) it is harder to escape ... I came across this today which was somewhat refreshing... http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/fit...ly-are/ar-AAm58bK?li=AAgfDNO&ocid=mailsignout

I am guilty of doing a lot of comparing myself to others..... I often look around at other WW employees and lament how they are slimmer than me! But that is just poppycock and rubbish! I am at a very healthy weight and I need to stop "comparing". I COULD do more to be stronger and more toned, but that is on me and my lack of gym time!

I am SUPER proud of producing two beautiful healthy children.... I am super proud of nursing both of those children exclusively for the first 6 months of both of their lives. I am super proud that I became a "sort-of" runner in my mid-40's and was able to run 6 miles without stopping on a very regular basis (kind of sad I stepped away from that... it made me feel very accomplished).

Very sad to hear this. I will keep your town, school, and family in my prayers.

Well.... since I've been at my goal weight for so long, my "reinvention" is leaning more toward other areas... like improving myself in other ways. I would like to become more about ACTING on good intentions versus just THINKING about acting on good intentions. I'm also trying to become a better WW leader and Chat coach.... so this involves lots of personal time spent reading and thinking. ALSO working on becoming a more positive person and more INTENTIONAL in my words and actions.... don't say it if I don't mean it.... both in regards to positive and negative statements.

I'm excited about the possibility of 2017 being the year that I improve many of the personal relationships I have my life... relationships with God, my kids, my husband, my parents, and friends.

WOOHOO.... caught up (sort of)! Now off to my planned cleaning and organizing day. I'm not looking forward to my trip to the dump, but it has to be done!......P

Right now I am feeling good about my reinvention. I am determined to get in exercise on top of running until I get to my goal weight and then I will reevaluate. I've also got my eating more under control and am drinking more water. And I added an iron supplement to my diet and I am hoping that helps. Since having DS1 I have noticed that my hair has not stopped the normal post baby shedding ( the joys of motherhood :)) and other symptoms that had me leaning towards having my thyroid checked. Well the other night I came across an article that said low iron can lead to similar symptoms and since I have a history of low iron I thought I would try the supplement before going to the doctor. I really hate going to the doctor.

I'm so excited for 2017 and to be a new me!

I'm excited for the year and "starting over" so to speak. I've been given the blessing of being able to find out who I am and what I love to do. What actually makes me happy instead of compromising or doing things that make others happy at my own expense. So it's a very exciting opportunity for me to be able to basically have a completely blank slate. I feel like I've made some great strides this month towards reinvention. I'm doing a better job of recognizing what helps me to succeed and what causes me to fail. And I'm also letting go of my perfectionist tendencies because those are definitely part of my downfall. So basically I've ended the month much more positively than I began it.

-----

My final check in for the month. I lost another pound which is 6/4 for the month! So 150% to goal! I'm super happy with my progress and I'm currently seeing a number on the scale that I haven't seen since early October. I like the balance that I struck between exercising, eating well, and enjoying myself. I have found that I can lose more weight faster on WW if I restrict and don't eat weeklies and fit point HOWEVER I can keep my sanity, eat my fit points and my weeklies, and still lose a pound a week which is a great loss! So on to the next month

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter