Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

Happy Monday everyone... at least that's going to be my mantra today until I really feel it. I slept pretty well last night but woke up tired, so I'm already dragging. I'm grateful the management team is out of the office most of this week so we can just do our things in peace. I actually brought my knitting to work with me and may or may not just sit here and knit. Or I may or may not just sit here.

The ceremony Saturday turned out really nice. SIL's two requests were lots of flowers and the song Amazing Grace: the flowers were lovely with center pieces on all of the tables and the window ledges around the room plus a huge arrangement for the buffet table. Amazing Grace was played by a friend who does the bagpipes, but he was only able to play one verse as he got chocked up and lost his breath. There were around 75 people there, so that was a larger than expected turn out to the point where we ran out of chairs. Lots of funny stories were told, which was a really nice way to celebrate.

Sunday I did go out to my yarn store and did go for a short walk at the state park in the area. While there an eagle flew over head and was calling out, I'm not sure I've ever heard an eagle sing before. It wasn't enough of a walk to consider it exercise, just enough to feed the soul. As those that follow me on IG know, I got some sock yarn I absolutely love and some new needles that make working on the tooth-pick size 1's actually OK. I don' t know why, but I so want a sock drawer of hand knits, and feel like I am finally on my way.

Once again the month has flown by and I haven't accomplished my health goals. I'm going to make February simple... just walk, and walk, and walk. If I get out of the office before 4:30pm, the sun is still just barely up by the time I get home which makes walking in the evening more attractive. And I'm starting my office loops again, so I can back up to a minimum of 10,000 per day. Starting right now....

Good morning where I am at least. I got my walk time in yesterday increasing to 13 minutes and did 16 laps around my house. I had to deal with a crisis we ran out of water just as 9 year old had her tub for her nightly time in her happy place filled. If she would have had her bath, gotten ready for bed, and gone to bed things would have been fine; but no she had to cry and carry on like the world had ended until DH got home with a load of water, filled the cistern, and had the water turned back on before she would settle down and finally go to sleep. As soon as I finish getting ready I am heading out the door to head into town and work out at if I can find it a new gym that has been added to my fitness plan,go to the bank and see if I can straighten out what is going on with my debit card and why all of a sudden when I have not reported it lost or stolen it appears to have been hot carded, pick up a few groceries consisting of mainly fruits and vegetables, and get another load of water; but not before making sure 12 year old is awake and listening for her sister to get up and my having some breakfast.

I finally made it into work today. I was only about 1.5 to 2 hours late. As I went to leave for the second time my daughter had a mini break down. Huge crocodile tears. She mentioned to me on Friday night that she is afraid that we will be in another accident that is worst then the last one. April 30th will be 2 years since our accident so it is still kind of fresh in our memories. I reassured her the best I could. Yesterday my husband and I went grocery shopping (the store is only maybe a mile from the house) and left the kids at home. She called us at one point to make sure we were ok. She told my husband that we were gone too long. I am sure her anxiety got the best of her this morning when I went to leave. She said she was sad because she wanted to cuddle with me so I held her for a little bit until she felt ok. When the weather is bad I always text my husband when I have made it to my destination. I made sure that after i texted him that he told her I ok and made it safely. I have emailed her teachers and the councilor at the school so they are aware of what is going on. The councilor has helped us in the past with her separation issues in the past so she is going to talk to her when they are back in school. Thankfully I have a job that will allow me to take a call from the school so I told them that if she needs reassurance that we are ok that she can call me. I think it will be a long few weeks with her. it is just going to take time for her to work through this. There will be many hugs and reassurances it the coming weeks.

Hello everyone - thanks for chatting along without me today.... my computer and phone were so slow last night I couldn't get on ... the computer I expected as the kids have chewed through the monthly broadband allowance while they were gaming on holidays - they didn't think they needed to use less after I warned them several times it was approaching the limit - and so now it will be at a slower speed until my billing cycle ends in a few days - I could use one of 3 free top ups for the year - but I am teaching them a lesson about not listening about it - so now when they homework that needs internet this week they can suffer the consequences - but unfortunately that means I do as well !

As it is your evening of the 30th and tomorrow is our last day how about I post a question that covers us for tonight and tomorrow?

untitled (19).png

Thor admits he has much to learn on his Journey to becoming King of Asgard .... I know I have much to learn on my healthy journey.

QOTD: Have you learned anything this month about yourself or your journey? What would you like to learn more about or improve as we move into the rest of the year?

Hello everyone - thanks for chatting along without me today.... my computer and phone were so slow last night I couldn't get on ... the computer I expected as the kids have chewed through the monthly broadband allowance while they were gaming on holidays - they didn't think they needed to use less after I warned them several times it was approaching the limit - and so now it will be at a slower speed until my billing cycle ends in a few days - I could use one of 3 free top ups for the year - but I am teaching them a lesson about not listening about it - so now when they homework that needs internet this week they can suffer the consequences - but unfortunately that means I do as well !

As it is your evening of the 30th and tomorrow is our last day how about I post a question that covers us for tonight and tomorrow?

View attachment 217892

Thor admits he has much to learn on his Journey to becoming King of Asgard .... I know I have much to learn on my healthy journey.

QOTD: Have you learned anything this month about yourself or your journey? What would you like to learn more about or improve as we move into the rest of the year?

I have learned that I feel better when I work out. I have more energy and seem happier. I still need to learn food though and getting the vitamins that I need.

I have also learned, as I think many of of us have this month, don't take any day as granted. Life can be gone in an instant. We should live more for today then the future.

For me I have learned that at times I need to be a bit selfish and insist on time for me instead of constantly taking care of everyone else and putting myself last. I would like to improve getting things more on a schedule for the entire family mainly in regards to getting the girls' school time done, housework done, and 4-H fair projects completed so we are not waiting till the last minute to get them done.

I actually made it to the pool today ( the one that is at an adult's only gym with the exception of a few limited hours on the weekends when a few limited area's are open to families ( pool, basketball court, and racquet ball court) so they keep the noodles, kick boards, and water weights out instead of having them locked up except for the water aerobics classes or a session with their trainers like the other one I mainly go to. I found the location of another one that has a pool and is part of my fitness program membership plan but am going to hold off until the apartment complex they are building right next door if finished and the workers are not all parked in the back lot of the shopping plaza to check them out.) and got a 30 minute workout in which including doing some resistance exercises.

I am still planning on getting my walk time in as well later tonight aiming for when 9 year old is occupied in her happy place right after I get her hair washed since she has speech and occupational therapy tomorrow and they tend to have a fit if her hair is not freshly washed even if I washed it Sunday night ( she is 9 people and does not need to have her hair washed daily at this stage in her life) so we make sure that Monday night is always a hair wash night.

I am having the worst time with Disboards on my phone so I could view everyone's post this weekend but responding was a nightmare!

@Oneanne I wanted to thank you for pointing out that vitamin D could also be a problem with my hair. I probably don't get enough of it. So I am now tracking all of my food to see what I am lacking in my diet to see what I can add it with healthier eating and sunshine.

I am on day 8 of 30 day shred! I am so determined to stick with it this time and haven't let anything get in my way so far. I haven't lost any weight and that has been frustrating. I think I am unknowingly eating back the calories I burn. So I am trying to make better food choices. Everyone in the house has some kind of runny nose and I think I am starting to get it. DS7 stayed home from school today with pink eye :crazy2: Really hoping I don't get that. I am going crazy with lysol and hand washing.

I am learning that what I think in my head and what actually happens are two different things. I think because I do xyz I can eat whatever I want and that is a recipe for failure. I need to look at the real facts and not my alternative facts because the only way to get to where I want to be is to be real with myself.

Some great reflections from you guys so far.

I have learned that I am getting back to a place of happiness that enables me to relax when I have extended time off work. I am more happy to be in the moment. Yes @piglet1979 like you I have learned to appreciate life a little more and to be more open to living it more fully - trying to let the little things go.

I still have so much more to learn/readjust on my health journey - foods to eat to give me what my body needs rather than what I just WANT to eat because it tastes good. Ways to make activity more sustainable in my life - and a big part of this is just me and motivation.

Good morning friends welcome to the last day of January - wow where did that month go?

Final Results for SUPERHERO January

Okay I am going to get started with out goal outcomes .... otherwise time gets away from me and I will forget!

princessbee 110%
dsnyfn1022 150%

Oneanne 25%
piglet1979 52%
Lady Marie 100%
sweetpeama 100%

courtneybeth 70%
4Mickeys 0% - stopped tracking
MinnieLovesTigger 48%
Mommaoffherrocker 0%
Flossbolna 16%

There are some MARVELous results here my Superheroes! Well done to all for your achievements and efforts to start 2017 working on a Super new you. I have enjoyed all the chatter and progress you have made throughout the month I am so proud of each of you - familiar friends and new friends :D:cheer2:. Thank you all for participating, answering some thought provoking questions and most of all your positive support of each other. I hope you enjoyed our Superheroes and that they helped inspire you to kick off MARVELous 2017 - I wish health and happiness for all of you.

If I have missed you from your final report in the last few days please let me know ... if not there is still time to report in :-)

Last edited:
@4Mickeys thank you so much for the wonderful month!! I know that I participated less than usual, but I kept reading and got a lot of motivation out of it!

Looking forward to the February thread (do we have a hostess for it??)!!

I have learned that food is definitely a comfort for me. Not just an "I'm bored" sort of comfort but a mental one when I'm feeling sad. So I definitely need to learn to control that a little better. Not necessarily give it up completely. I think it's important for my mental health to find a balance. This past weekend was most decidedly not balanced. But it was a live and learn situation and it's time to move past it. I'd like to focus my attention away from cardio as much and more towards weights. I get about an hour at the gym and by the time I've done 30 minutes of cardio that doesn't leave me much time to get weights in. And I'd definitely like to be more toned and use that as a way to lose fat as opposed to just weight. So that's going to be my focus this year. Fortunately, I'm kinda too poor to afford races this year I think it'll be a good year for me to focus on my overall fitness as opposed to my cardiovascular fitness.

This has been a good and informative month for me. I am learning that exercising isn't as bad as I had it in my mind to be. Still not my favorite thing by any measure and I do not enjoy being sore literally everyday, but I have to keep reminding myself that that pain means progress.

I had an awesome night at yoga last night that relates to this. She kept saying something to the effect of "In this moment, you are enough. Whatever it is that you are doing, you are enough." And BAM! I was like yes, I am! I think I have a very real perfectionist hang up in that because I cannot do all the Orangetheory workouts perfectly and complete that I feel that I'm not a "real" Orangetheory member. Or the fact that I can't fly or do headstands yet in yoga means I'm not a "real" yogi. Whatever the arbitrary definition of "real" is.... The reality is-- I may never fly in yoga and I may never be perfect at Orangetheory, but that doesn't mean I'm not real in my dedication or that my value is less because of that. I do OT and I am a yogi. I am not perfect at it, but I am enough. I think getting this in my head and keeping it there is going to help propel me this year!

Another thing she said that I am going to print out pretty and put up everywhere I need to see it is "Making progress, not excuses." I am the excuse queen and need to get a grip on that! LOL

As the year progresses I want to learn more on how to motivate myself when I am making excuses and not feeling like making progress. That is the hard part for me. Right now, my strategy is just keep momentum going -- but upsets are bound to happen and I will fall out of routine, and that's when I will struggle. I need to figure out how I will cope when that happens.

I am learning that what I think in my head and what actually happens are two different things. I think because I do xyz I can eat whatever I want and that is a recipe for failure. I need to look at the real facts and not my alternative facts because the only way to get to where I want to be is to be real with myself.

LOL! I have a problem with my "alternative facts" too. Good on you to call yourself out about it. I need to do the same for myself more often! Like how many miles on the tread does it REALLY take to burn off the girls scout cookies I thought I could eat Haha!

Hi all! Just reporting in to the finish the month - down 2.4 so 48% of goal.

I haven't meant to be so absent. I'm just still sick. I unfortunately had to start a course of prednisone last week which is helping my breathing but has the unpleasant side effects of anger and hunger. So right now I am pretty much alternating between coughing, sleeping, working, eating, and snapping at people. Not so fun!

Thank you to @4Mickeys for the talented hosting job! I learned a lot about myself on the days I participated and a lot about the journey to come when I just lurked.

I do plan to sign up for February - most likely still a lurking capacity for at least the first week or so - but I'm not throwing in the towel on my 2017 goals!

What did I learn this month? I really do need to get myself together and get moving in a more healthy direction. And no one can do it but me. I actually already knew this, it was really just a BIG reminder.

Thanks @4Mickeys for putting together another great month!

Not my goal on here but wanted to share that officially for the month of January I lost 5.6 pounds. Now it's time to get a little girl ready to head to therapy in 20 minutes because she is awake and DH is not. Chances are I am not going to make it to the pool today with our schedule between therapy, martial arts, and Bible Quiz so today is going to just be a walk day especially since DH won't get home with the truck until between 11:30 and 12 so that means the load of water won't be unloaded until between 12:10 and 12:40. It's a 20 minute drive into town at that time of day ( lunch rush hour for a lot of businesses as well as the end of the later high school lunch and they can leave campus at all the public schools). We have to leave at 3 PM in order to drop 12 year old off at Martial Arts, and then take DH to work, stop by I am thinking Wendy's to get 12 year old something to eat, pick her up and head straight to Bible Quiz which I found out has moved up by 30 minutes yesterday. Reason why I am going to get her something to eat as she is always starving due to the amount of physical activity they do even though we will have dinner around 2-2:30. She seems to need a snack to tide her over until we get home around 7:30.

Hi all! Just reporting in to the finish the month - down 2.4 so 48% of goal.

I haven't meant to be so absent. I'm just still sick. I unfortunately had to start a course of prednisone last week which is helping my breathing but has the unpleasant side effects of anger and hunger. So right now I am pretty much alternating between coughing, sleeping, working, eating, and snapping at people. Not so fun!

Thank you to @4Mickeys for the talented hosting job! I learned a lot about myself on the days I participated and a lot about the journey to come when I just lurked.

I do plan to sign up for February - most likely still a lurking capacity for at least the first week or so - but I'm not throwing in the towel on my 2017 goals!

I hope you start to feel better. I was sick for the while month of December. The cough was really bad for a few weeks and then the runny, stuffy nose started. My daughter has been having the same thing now since December 26th. The doc thinks she keeps picking up different viruses. It stinks for her.

Not my goal on here but wanted to share that officially for the month of January I lost 5.6 pounds.

This is a great start to the year :thumbsup2 look what 10 minutes a day can do :-) which is a good lesson for me to just find at least 10 minutes every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!