Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

MBs and MB2s cannot be unlinked and reused - once they're attached, they're attached. (If you're thrifting them, assume they're just for collector value. The long-range batteries are likely dead in those, anyway.)

MB+ can be unlinked and re-assigned, but only at Disneyland. (A linked WDW MB+ cannot be unlinked and reassigned there, but the same WDW-linked band could be assigned to someone new at Disneyland.)

I've been reading for a while and haven't seen the answer. I ordered my mb+ through my MDE when I made my package reservations. I just paired it with my phone. There's a button that says Link. When I try to link, it says it is already linked to an account. Is it automatically linked to my account when I purchase it through my reservations? It does show up in my MDE account.

I've been reading for a while and haven't seen the answer. I ordered my mb+ through my MDE when I made my package reservations. I just paired it with my phone. There's a button that says Link. When I try to link, it says it is already linked to an account. Is it automatically linked to my account when I purchase it through my reservations? It does show up in my MDE account.
Yes, if it shows in your MDE account, it’s linked to you. Enjoy!

Question, I have a trip coming up in early December, and there have not been any MB or MB+ to order pre-arrival on MDE at a discount. Are they no longer doing that?

Question, I have a trip coming up in early December, and there have not been any MB or MB+ to order pre-arrival on MDE at a discount. Are they no longer doing that?
Still an option for US residents. The MagicBands & Cards page on the MDE website has been very flaky lately.

They do, they’re attached to your room reservation. Look in your mde under plans or my magic bands and it should give you an option to order

I've also been having trouble accessing the magic bands page on MDE. All I get is a blank page when I try for the past week or so. I had just ordered magic bands for our trip in August without difficulty but now can't look at anything for my upcoming March trip.

I've also been having trouble accessing the magic bands page on MDE. All I get is a blank page when I try for the past week or so. I had just ordered magic bands for our trip in August without difficulty but now can't look at anything for my upcoming March trip.

Sadly it appears discounted MBs are no longer available to International visitors with our Disney stay so this is affecting our family too. Not sure if this might be why either/both of you are experiencing challenges?

Sadly it appears discounted MBs are no longer available to International visitors with our Disney stay so this is affecting our family too. Not sure if this might be why either/both of you are experiencing challenges?
Yes I got the same answer from Disney when I contacted them. I should still be able to see and manage my current magic bands though, which I can't currently online. I guess it will take them time to sort out making their website work again. Sad that I can't shop for magic bands for my trip though. I'd never had any problem picking them up at the resort, and definitely won't be wanting to waste precious park time picking out a band now, so the ones I have will have to last a while. Wish Disney hadn't made this change.

Are you trying on the app or computer or website for n a mobile device/tablet? Maybe try on the website itself on a computer. If you are in the US they should be there.

We have a trip in a few months. Currently we are at Port Orleans Riverside for a few nights, and then moving to Dolphin after a few days for the remainder of the trip. I ordered our MB+ through MDE with the pre-arrival discount and we do not have them here yet. We are now discussing changing the entire reservation to Dolphin. What will happen with the bands if we cancel the first hotel?

The disclaimer I found in my order receipt says they can't be cancelled, but the very next sentence says the opposite? It also mentions that if cancelled the full value will be charged. Anyone had this experience and know for sure what happens in this situation? See below for the disclaimer in my order receipt.

"Pre-arrival, online offer is only available to Guests who will be staying at a Disney Resort hotel or are new or renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders. MagicBand, MagicBand+ and MagicBand merchandise is sold by Magic Kingdom, Inc. Credit card will be charged when the order is shipped. Personalized MagicBand or MagicBand+ orders cannot be cancelled, returned, refunded or exchanged—even if the Disney Resort hotel reservation is cancelled. Cancellation of Disney Resort hotel reservations will result in cancellation of MagicBand or MagicBand+ orders; however, if personalized at the time of hotel cancellation, MagicBand or MagicBand+ orders cannot be cancelled, and the non-discounted full retail or comparable value of the personalized MagicBand or MagicBand+ orders will be charged."

I interpret that to say (and this is just my interpretation) if you cancel your reservation at a Disney resort after ordering the discounted bands, your credit card will be charged a second time for the difference between the original discounted price snd the actual non-discounted price.

You would still receive your bands (if your order has gone so far as having been ‘personalized’) but pay full price for them as you no longer qualify for the discounted price as you are no longer staying at a Disney resort.

The unknown for you is if your bands have already been personalized at this time but not yet shipped.

IF they have not started your order at all you might receive a refund but I honestly don’t feel that would happen based on the way it is worded.

When did you place your order? When is your trip?

Personally, I would be prepared to pay the full value if the bands (and still receive them) but be thankful if that does not happen.

That’s how I would interpret the wording.

How long do magicbands realistically work? I have some from early 2019. I would love to save the money but I also don’t want to deal with them not working. Any advice?

They will work for most functionality indefinitely. Anywhere that you physically tap the band to a touchpoint (entrance gates, lightning lanes, photopass photographers, your room) will work whether the battery in the band still works or not. The only features that require the battery powered, long-range communication are things like automatically receiving your ride photos in your MDE account and seeing your name at the end of Small World. The ride photo situation can be solved by allowing the MDE app on your phone access to your phone's bluetooth, allowing your phone to get those photos directly. Short answer, take your 2019 bands. They will work just fine for most everything that matters.

They will work for most functionality indefinitely. Anywhere that you physically tap the band to a touchpoint (entrance gates, lightning lanes, photopass photographers, your room) will work whether the battery in the band still works or not. The only features that require the battery powered, long-range communication are things like automatically receiving your ride photos in your MDE account and seeing your name at the end of Small World. The ride photo situation can be solved by allowing the MDE app on your phone access to your phone's bluetooth, allowing your phone to get those photos directly. Short answer, take your 2019 bands. They will work just fine for most everything that matters.
Confirming this as there's a lot of misinformation out there from people who don't understand the difference between the active and passive chip functions of the magic band.

Also adding that most rides that do automatic photos also have tap points at the end which will work as well if you want to be safe. in addition to the phone bluetooth option mentioned above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter