• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discounts 20-30% off Disneyland hotels August 6-Sept 29

CM I called this afternoon was super friendly and extremely knowledgeable. They made the new booking, cancelled the old booking, and couldn't have been nicer. Staying 9/4 - 9/8.

UGH I am Canadian and have no Card we are not eligible as Canadians, this week wait is going to kill me! We have seven nights booked so this would be so awesome on the Sun-Thurs.
I feel your pain also. Between the D23 Expo, Maxpass; rehabs; it is killing me!

I already have a Macy's card; maybe I should get a mailbox in Buffalo and apply for the Disney Visa Card for the future. I wonder if that would work?

I feel your pain also. Between the D23 Expo, Maxpass; rehabs; it is killing me!

I already have a Macy's card; maybe I should get a mailbox in Buffalo and apply for the Disney Visa Card for the future. I wonder if that would work?

It Rots !! Completely locked out and no solution but to wait. ..

So it's now July 18 and the discounts are not showing up when I check online. Is there something "special" one has to do to see the discounts?

Thanks!

Ahh, thanks. I was thinking it was an automated thing that would happen at 12:01. I'll check back later.

OK now I'm frustrated. I can't see it online and am on eternal hold. Come on DLR, I want to book with a discount for once!!! Anyone been able to book the public offer this morning yet??

OK now I'm frustrated. I can't see it online and am on eternal hold. Come on DLR, I want to book with a discount for once!!! Anyone been able to book the public offer this morning yet??
I just did I called at 7 sharp. Saved $500 So pretty happy. Good luck I hope you get through soon, try live chat maybe while you are on hold.

Getting mine booked now by phone. I was able to get it applied to 2 of our 4 nights at the GCH in late September (Wednesday and Thursday), and saved $700! WOOT!!!

It finally came up online, but I am glad I called. I wanted a Woods/Courtyard view room, and was able to get the discount by phone. But when I look online, the Standard and Woods/Courtyard are showing "unavailable".

Website was acting funny this morning. I was looking to change from paradise pier to dlh. I saw it and then checked again and not there. Then said rooms not available. Tried calling at 7 but placed on hold forever. I checked online again and this time found availability with discounted price. I ended up booking online and will call back later to cancel old reservation. Thank you for posting the heads up on this deal!

I made a reservation yesterday (forgot the sale didn't start until today). This morning, I called about 8:00 and was put on hold. I went online and could see the sale so booked new rooms at the sale price but stayed on the phone so I could cancel the others.

As I went to book my 2nd room, I noticed under special offers, it said AP summer special (or something like that) but clicking on the link took me to buy APs. So when I got the CM on the phone (after about 25 minutes on hold), I had her convert my 2 new rooms to the AP special (FPs and $20 dining cert) and cancel my old reservation from yesterday. :cloud9:

I checked shortly after 10am est and there was plenty of availability for my dates, but the cheapest rate for DLH is still a little over $330 without tax, more than double our reservation for Hyatt House. Just can't justify it even though we could technically afford it. :( I remember checking prices for late January of this year and DLH was in the low 200s with discount... if that was what they were charging for September, I'd definitely book. Oh well....

I made a reservation yesterday (forgot the sale didn't start until today). This morning, I called about 8:00 and was put on hold. I went online and could see the sale so booked new rooms at the sale price but stayed on the phone so I could cancel the others.

As I went to book my 2nd room, I noticed under special offers, it said AP summer special (or something like that) but clicking on the link took me to buy APs. So when I got the CM on the phone (after about 25 minutes on hold), I had her convert my 2 new rooms to the AP special (FPs and $20 dining cert) and cancel my old reservation from yesterday. :cloud9:

Is the AP special the same discount plus those benefits?

ETA: Nevermind, I found it! Rebooking now :)

Last edited:
This is a tough call for me. I'm there in August for an event at the ACC, bringing the family. But the cost of two nights at DLH or GCH would cost what it would cost for 5 nights at where we're at now. And it would be a shorter walk to the convention center. But man, so much more $$$$$, even at a 30% cut rate it would be a 200% increase in hotel cost. Always wanted to stay at the Grand, though. Tough call.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter