• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

discount codes and AAA

wdw47

DIS Veteran
how far in advance t oa reservation d ocodes come out and how difficult is it to get them applied to a current reservation and also how good is the AAA discount

I don't know the answer to the first part of your question, but the AAA discount is:

Value season - 15% off Deluxes and 20% off Value and Moderate Resorts
Regular & Peak seasons - 10% off Deluxes and 15% off Value and Moderates

I just booked POFQ for regular season and saved $180 for 7 nights using the AAA discount.

Got $125 per night and the Disney CM said I could apply Gen codes if they come out and offer me a better deal.

I just have to show AAA card at check in if I stay with the AAA rate. :goodvibes

I think rates come out almost a year a head of time.

BABYJOSIE98 said:
Got $125 per night and the Disney CM said I could apply Gen codes if they come out and offer me a better deal.

I just have to show AAA card at check in if I stay with the AAA rate. :goodvibes

I think rates come out almost a year a head of time.

Are you saying that you can book a room with an AAA rate without having a valid membership? You only need it when you check in?

I am hoping that AP codes will come out for Sept and go that route but I may wan't to book now with AAA but am not a member. Could I book AAA and get the membership later if I need it (if AP codes do not come out for that time period, heaven forbid)?

Are you saying that you can book a room with an AAA rate without having a valid membership? You only need it when you check in?
It depends, some CM's will ask you to supply your AAA membership info at booking.

ILoveWDW2003 said:
It depends, some CM's will ask you to supply your AAA membership info at booking.

That's what I was wondering. Not worth the risk. A matter of ethics too. But, no need to spend $52.00 unless I need to. I'll wait a while for AP codes then go AAA if I need to. Sept is one of the lowest attendance months so I'm not too worried about them selling out while I wait. Thanks for the info.

I called to check on getting a AAA membership and am set to do that. I booked the room for October and the CM gave me the AAA rate and said just show your card at check in.

I don't see anything wrong with doing this as long as you get the card and if you don't you will have to pay rack rate when checking in. So I will make sure I have the card by then. :cool1:

They also said if Gen codes come out I can apply them to the reservation and then the AAA rate would open back up for someone else. Either way you are not taking anything away from anyonec cause If you don't get the Gen code you will use AAA.

Have to save money any way we can. I really am going to get AAA anyway. After checking out the website you can sure save some money with that membership in many different ways. :teeth:

So you are fine to book now and then get your AAA card before you go.

I booked through AAA last year - nobody ever asked to see my card (I did have one, though).

I guess I'm confused and may have goofed. I reserved our room now for Feb 06, just the room since the vacation pkgs aren't out yet, and was thinking of getting the AAA rate once that is available. I'm a AAA member so that's not an issue but can I do this? We're talking Feb vacation so I was afraid to wait until rates come out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter