• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I should be sewing. I need to finish up Peter Pan and Prince Charming for my son and then hit the fabric store for the fabric for my daughter's new princess dress for Disney and for Halloween, BUT here I am drooling over all the pictures from this thread! :)

I really love that baby quilt! It's so pretty! I would love to hear more about where you found quilting files!!! Sounds too good to be true! :goodvibes

Someone on here asked about a Peter Pan shirt and making one.

I have a Peter Pan shirt that is somewhere between a 2 and 5.

All these clothes are so cute ! Never seen the Octonauts before but it looks like a cute show. The quilt is really nice. Did you do the designs through all the layers or just the top and still have to add filling and a backing ? I love the green and pink combo.

Somebody posted this link on another board but I knew we would all love these. She has some great idea's. Is she one of us ?? I posted a few samples from her site.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChicByAmber?ref=seller_info

il_570xN.346163915.jpg

il_570xN.361458600_mow7.jpg

Thank you! I am really thrilled with it. How $6? Well, I used an inexpensive poly cotton blend from Walmart...I bought 1.5 yards at $2.87 a yard of blue and .5 yard of white for the same price. I had the elastic leftover from another project and didn't use much at all...and I made up the pattern...also had the thread on hand. :) I made this SMALL though, it's for my 1 year old daughter, and used every inch of fabric...I have barely any scraps leftover. I really want to make a Belle dress for my middle daughter and I'm thinking I'll need like 5 or 6 yards of fabric for that!

Looks great, sorry it didn't sell, I'm surprised though because it's awesome!!! Are you launching on Ebay or Etsy or your own site?

We launch on Facebook. Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/MainStreetBoutiques

There will be another launch in a couple of months. The date is not set as of yet, so go like the page if you are on FB and you will get the updates.

Yes, definitely post pictures. We love to see any sewing project: Disney, non-Disney, clothes, bags, etc.

Here are my launch sets:
P8030186.jpg

P8030190.jpg

Mine also did not get sold. I will list them on my fan page and maybe on my etsy site and see what happens. I was very sad that they didn't sell.

Those are cute. I still have an adorable outfit hanging around from the first launch too.

Everything on here has been so beautiful to look at!! Great job!! Thought I would share the first of many Disney trip outfits to come for our next trip!! This is my DD's requested Octonauts outfit! My DD wasn't too keen on taking many pictures so only was able to snap a couple!
232323232%7Ffp635%3C4%3Enu%3D5%3B%3B3%3E54%3B%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3562%3A%3B%3A6%3A434%3Anu0mrj
There are different Octonauts around the

Very cute. That is a heck of a lot of hand applique. Great job.

Okay, here is my first sewing project since I was like eleven :goodvibes

They are luggage tags for my mom and I to take on our trip to Disneyland!

DSCN08451.jpg

(

Cute, but those pictures look itty bitty to me.

I just have to say if I had never stumbled upon this thread, I would not have even considered my now-beloved PE-770. I have been working this week on this baby quilt for a friend's new daughter, and last night discovered that I can buy and download, for less than $1, quilting square patterns. CHANGED MY LIFE, not kidding. I "quilted" this in under an hour, most of the time was changing out the stabilizer and hoop. So amazing. I need to get a backing and intend to do a little more machine quilting on it, but so far I am loving it.

I am also hoping to get a handful of shirts made for my 5 year old nephew, he starts Kindergarten next week (eek!) and is insanely jealous of all the cute shirts his cousins are getting for our Disney trip. My brother is planning to take him to Disneyland for spring break (we have family in CA) so I might just have to tag along for that with my (no longer under-3 by then) duo. And of course, new clothes!

Love it.

Where did the HM quote go???
I hate when DIS looses my stuff.

Anyway, I loved this outfit.

Someone on here asked about a Peter Pan shirt and making one.

I have a Peter Pan shirt that is somewhere between a 2 and 5.

That was me! Thank you for the offer, but I ended up figuring it out. I used the Pirate pattern from McCall's and adjusted it to suit my needs. I changed the sleeves so they weren't puffy and shortened them as well. The outfit came out adorable. I will post it as soon as I finish the hat and the knife.

Your quilt is beautiful! I'd love to know how you made it and where you got bought the patterns for the quilting.

I really love that baby quilt! It's so pretty! I would love to hear more about where you found quilting files!!! Sounds too good to be true! :goodvibes

I made the quilt by sort of modifying a 4-square pattern I got when I took a quilting class in January. It is an easy pattern, I just mixed up the fabrics a little. I made the 4-squares from 4 colors, two of one color palate and 2 of the other, then mixed in solid blocks. On the solid brown blocks I added the little elephants from LynniePinnie, which I used scraps from other fabrics in the quilt. I did those appliques on the blocks before I assembled it. The quilting files I found on emblibrary.com, they were SUPER cheap, like $1 each but since I got 6 they knocked 25% off, so they were 75¢ each. I actually downloaded a couple nautical ones for a couple of pirate quilts I am making for my boys' big-boy room. They are pretty basic (though they have some that were more complex) but they are single-thread, single run. Because my quilt squares are 6 inches, the 5x5 ones fit perfectly. I only have 5x7 hoop, so it has to be little chunks. I put the top on the batting with spray adhesive and no backing, basically did the blocks in the friendship pattern one at a time and then put the backing on, did a couple stitch in the ditch lines around the border and bound it up. Here is the final thing. I think it turned out super cute. I hope the intended recipient thinks so too.

Here is the final thing. I think it turned out super cute. I hope the intended recipient thinks so too.

That came out absolutely darling! I've been putting off getting an embroidery machine, not being able to justify the cost as my little Princess is now 8 and I figured she's probably outgrowing wanting things on her clothes, but if I can quilt with it....might just have to get one! I love making quilts, but piecing is my favorite part, the quilting not so much....hmmmm....

That came out absolutely darling! I've been putting off getting an embroidery machine, not being able to justify the cost as my little Princess is now 8 and I figured she's probably outgrowing wanting things on her clothes, but if I can quilt with it....might just have to get one! I love making quilts, but piecing is my favorite part, the quilting not so much....hmmmm....

I just love it! That is me too, I HATE the quilting part. In fact, I have a quilt from two years ago in a bin in my shed waiting for me to finish quilting it. :headache:

So here is my Ruffle test dress she loved it and wore it for two days straight not bad for a bed sheet :)

Have to say I'm very addicted to you can make this patterns :)

I had a brain wave and managed to create a sewing space in my rec room which makes me very excited and hope we will be able make more stuff now that I don't have put machines away and clean up each day.
This is really cute, great idea using a bed sheet. I bet it is super comfy.

Here's what I've been working on yesterday and today...this is totally stolen from you Disboutiquer's lol* Thanks so much for the inspiration!!! The best part...this cost me a whopping $6 to make. For my 1 year old...
Perfect!

Well here is my launch set. It didn't sell but I made it so it will fit DD when we go in October.
Bummer that the set didn't sell but I'm glad your DD will get to wear it. Are you going to MNSSHP?

I have been a SAHM for 2 years and it has been wonderful but I have an opportunity I can't pass up for a part-time job. I had the interview today and I should know by this weekend. I am really anxious about this and it'll be hard to go back to work but the money is very much needed. Any good vibes would be appreciated!

Also, if I get the job I am SO getting a Brother PE770! :cool2:
Good luck with your interview. I think having a part time job would be a nice compromise.

Mine also did not get sold. I will list them on my fan page and maybe on my etsy site and see what happens. I was very sad that they didn't sell.
The princess set is so pretty and I LOVE the pockets on the boys pants. I hope they sell on your etsy site!

Everything on here has been so beautiful to look at!! Great job!! Thought I would share the first of many Disney trip outfits to come for our next trip!! This is my DD's requested Octonauts outfit! My DD wasn't too keen on taking many pictures so only was able to snap a couple!
Thanks for looking!!
Great job making those appliques. The fabric on the skirt is so pretty.

Okay, here is my first sewing project since I was like eleven :goodvibes

They are luggage tags for my mom and I to take on our trip to Disneyland!

This is the front. They have a clear vinyl pocket, to slid a business card with your name and contact information in.

And this is the back. I love this fabric, it is too cute! :love:

Sorry these pictures are so big, I have no idea how to fix them :(
Great job on the luggage tags. I agree with Diane, the easy fits are VERY easy to sew. There are also lots of simple skirt tutorials out there that you could try. I NEVER make any clothes for myself but I am thinking about it.

I just have to say if I had never stumbled upon this thread, I would not have even considered my now-beloved PE-770. I have been working this week on this baby quilt for a friend's new daughter, and last night discovered that I can buy and download, for less than $1, quilting square patterns. CHANGED MY LIFE, not kidding. I "quilted" this in under an hour, most of the time was changing out the stabilizer and hoop. So amazing. I need to get a backing and intend to do a little more machine quilting on it, but so far I am loving it.

I am also hoping to get a handful of shirts made for my 5 year old nephew, he starts Kindergarten next week (eek!) and is insanely jealous of all the cute shirts his cousins are getting for our Disney trip. My brother is planning to take him to Disneyland for spring break (we have family in CA) so I might just have to tag along for that with my (no longer under-3 by then) duo. And of course, new clothes!
The quilt is beautiful. Thanks for the directions on how you put it together. Good luck making all those shirts!

Great job on the hand appliqueing. I love Occupants but I will be crying when it comes on in the morning. My DS6 will be in school all day and that was one of the shows we watched when he got off the Kindergarten bus in the morning :sad: :sad: and I know my little one is going to miss him bigtime too
So if we find you watching Octonaunts by yourself we know why. ;)

Tricia - your sets for the launch were really great. The shorts look so comfy and I love that dress!!! Your models are so cute too.

I like both outfits but what I really want to know is where you got that Mickey Halloween scene ???? I'm sure I'm not the only one..... ;)

That's a HTF fabric that I bought at a quilt shop a couple of years ago. You can usually find some on Ebay if you search Mickey Halloween.

QUESTION

Ok so I'm in Edmonton Alberta Canada and I'm having the worst time finding "Disney" fabric... Where are you girls getting all the poka dots from and the print fabric I can find some print fabric here at fabricland on and off what does come in goes fast and is often costly. The poka dots are no where to be seen. Buying online just seems so risky to me... Tell me how you do it :)

Question:I bought some applique designs from several vendors and loaded them on a brand new usb stick. Then I checked to make sure they really were there. When I try to use one on my PE770 following the manual, all I get on the little screen is a picture of two file folders. One says EMBROI~1 and the other says EMBROI~2. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Lori in East Podunk

GlassSlippers said:
Question:I bought some applique designs from several vendors and loaded them on a brand new usb stick. Then I checked to make sure they really were there. When I try to use one on my PE770 following the manual, all I get on the little screen is a picture of two file folders. One says EMBROI~1 and the other says EMBROI~2. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Lori in East Podunk

You need to go back to computer and open up each file (it might be a zip file). Choose the size and design you want right click and copy, then paste onto the USB stick. Basically when you look at files on USB, the file needs to be directly on there, not under a sub folder.

It should be Minnie 5x7, not Disney file, then click and it shows Minnie. Just example, hope that makes sense.

The Machine just can't read hidden folders, so the file needs to be saved direct to the USB and not a folder on the USB.

Good luck!

You need to go back to computer and open up each file (it might be a zip file). Choose the size and design you want right click and copy, then paste onto the USB stick. Basically when you look at files on USB, the file needs to be directly on there, not under a sub folder.

It should be Minnie 5x7, not Disney file, then click and it shows Minnie. Just example, hope that makes sense.

The Machine just can't read hidden folders, so the file needs to be saved direct to the USB and not a folder on the USB.

Good luck!

OK. I just saved each file as it was sent to me. I take it that's not what I was supposed to do. I know this sounds stupid, but how can I see which format to choose. Is that where unzipping comes in? I never could figure that out, but it looks like I need to now! Should I erase everything on the stick now and start over?

Sorry for the bone-head questions. I'm full of 'em when it comes to technology!

Lori in East Podunk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter