Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Love all the launch outfits posted. Amazing work!

bunny213 - the reverse applique sounds like a great idea to me. Or if the material is a knit you could just cut it out in a square around the design and sew it on to the back of the jacket close to the edge of the square. The knit fabric will not fray and it should have that "unfinished" look that is very popular now.

WOW! This dress is fantastic! I bet she never takes it off! You did an amazing job! How bad was edging the veil? I would imagine it would shed.

Thanks for the compliment! The edging wasn't too bad on the veil once I had figured out how to set the serger. I had to do alot of adjustments and left a small edge that could be cut off so that it didn't get stuck in the machine. Otherwise, it went quickly and easily!

So I have the dinosaur outfits for AK:
295424_4217334154259_484185671_n.jpg

I recognize those two cuties (and their Mama's awesome sewing!). That's awesome you multi-purposed the dino clothes for two vacations!

I'm going to post the animal-print dress and Perry the Platypus shirt after I give them...next week!

JK

***I can't wait to see your outfits!! I am jealous of your shirt sewing skills. :worship: I need to learn to make those for Tommy******

I recognize those two cuties (and their Mama's awesome sewing!). That's awesome you multi-purposed the dino clothes for two vacations!

I'm going to post the animal-print dress and Perry the Platypus shirt after I give them...next week!

JK[/QUOTE]

Getting really, really frustrated !!! I have not been able to finish sewing together or do anything to the sweater for my pink Mickey set. It is a spandex/lycra/cotton knit. Really thin and silky.

582200_3340277120423_1826731695_n.jpg

I sewed in some basic seams, enough to make it look like it should but I couldn't start or end at an edge or it would suck the fabric in the throat plate and get all tangled. I did that with a regular needle. I switched to a ball point/stretch needle and it only made it worse. Now I can't do anything to the fabric at all and it's really ticking me off !!! I tried a different size needle and it still didn't work. i had to take the whole throat plate and everything off because it was tangling underneath and it took me an hour to get it back to where it would even sew straight and catch the bobbin thread and UGH !!!

I'm getting awesome on cotton but knits are not working for me !!!!!

If you pull the ends of your threads long (both top and bobbin) then put your fabric under the needle, hold on to and pull back slightly your threads back behind the first couple of stitches and your machine won't eat your fabric. (I hope that makes sense!)

If you pull the ends of your threads long (both top and bobbin) then put your fabric under the needle, hold on to and pull back slightly your threads back behind the first couple of stitches and your machine won't eat your fabric. (I hope that makes sense!)

Thanks ! I will have to try this tomorrow.

I got a live model for my clothes.... finally got to see what they looked like on a little girl. They look even better being worn than on a hanger.

418841_3370618598941_547702729_n.jpg

483978_3370619358960_1226704895_n.jpg

404005_3370621119004_1180126561_n.jpg

I haven't been around in a long time. We just got back from our 2nd Disney Cruise and I thought I'd share the little sewing I did for the cruise.

On 6 year old Megan.

July 15 - Day 1 Disney Magic by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

And the matching sister dress for 2 year old Alice.

And the girls Minnie Mouse Dress - Fabric and pattern selected by Megan

IMG_5374 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

IMG_5373 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

IMG_5367 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

I made these dresses for our first cruise last year. Alice was 10 months at the time, so I took out the hem and added a ruffle to it.

IMG_5059 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

IMG_5049 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

And a really bad picture of me as I was actually about to be ill. (the only bought of motion sickness the whole cruise mind you), but I made this skirt for myself.

IMG_5044 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

I'm getting ready to get back to sewing again in preparation of our Thanksgiving Trip so I have a feeling I'll get more active around here in the next thread (I figure this one is just about ready to change over since I think we are on page 242 or so)

I've really enjoyed all of your projects. You all have inspired me. I did a couple things for my youngest today. I have a bazillion (or so it feels) more before we leave in a week.

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

I haven't been around in a long time. We just got back from our 2nd Disney Cruise and I thought I'd share the little sewing I did for the cruise.

On 6 year old Megan.

I made these dresses for our first cruise last year. Alice was 10 months at the time, so I took out the hem and added a ruffle to it.

And a really bad picture of me as I was actually about to be ill. (the only bought of motion sickness the whole cruise mind you), but I made this skirt for myself.

I'm getting ready to get back to sewing again in preparation of our Thanksgiving Trip so I have a feeling I'll get more active around here in the next thread (I figure this one is just about ready to change over since I think we are on page 242 or so)

I really like the cruise line dresses, what did you make the Mickey out of ? It is very shiny. The Minnie dresses are wonderful too, they seem very light and airy. I'm glad you girls were able to make it easy and you could just lengthen the dresses from last time. They still look great. I like your skirt too. Where did you get the fabric ?

I've really enjoyed all of your projects. You all have inspired me. I did a couple things for my youngest today. I have a bazillion (or so it feels) more before we leave in a week.
th_IMG_4320.jpg
th_IMG_4323.jpg

Nice job on the embroidery. The skirt looks fun too.

I got a live model for my clothes.... finally got to see what they looked like on a little girl. They look even better being worn than on a hanger.
These are so cute! I love the capri set.

Lovin' all the cruise outfits. Everything looks really comfy too. Love your Mickey skirt, sorry you were not feeling well. What days are you going around Thanksgiving? I REALLY need to plan my next trip but I am too afraid to pull my middle school daughter out of school (she is not the best student!)

Great job. The princess outfit is really nice and Ariel looks perfect on that green shirt.

418841_3370618598941_547702729_n.jpg

483978_3370619358960_1226704895_n.jpg

404005_3370621119004_1180126561_n.jpg

SO cute..the clothes look great! and she is just adorable!!

On 6 year old Megan.

And the matching sister dress for 2 year old Alice.

IMG_5374 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

IMG_5367 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

IMG_5049 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

very nice!

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

Cute! I must get an embroidery machine...

I really like the cruise line dresses, what did you make the Mickey out of ? It is very shiny. The Minnie dresses are wonderful too, they seem very light and airy. I'm glad you girls were able to make it easy and you could just lengthen the dresses from last time. They still look great. I like your skirt too. Where did you get the fabric ?

They are iron on decals that I got off Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/shop/MissMorgan?ref=seller_info
They went on really easily, machine washes well and they look really cute. I also got extras with names that I used to make some canvas tote bags that I had autographed by the characters for my daughters and neices. I should really try to take a picture of how that came out. The green Mickey Skirt fabric came from Hancock's, but I bought it back in 2008. I started the skirt then for our trip to Disney World but didn't finish it becuase I didn't like how it looked on me. My daughter convinced me to finish it for this trip.

Lovin' all the cruise outfits. Everything looks really comfy too. Love your Mickey skirt, sorry you were not feeling well. What days are you going around Thanksgiving? I REALLY need to plan my next trip but I am too afraid to pull my middle school daughter out of school (she is not the best student!)
We are going to arrive late on Thursday the 15th and leave on the 25th. My DD will miss 3 days of school, but she is in 1st grade so I'm not overly concerned at this point, besides last year they did nothing the 2 days of Thanksgiving week except for having a party. This is a huge family reunion trip we've been planning for about 3 years now. (I was pregnant with my baby when we decided to go when she was 2-1/2).

very nice!
Thank you!

WTMTQ but everything looks so great! I am reading through the last thread (all 250 pages of it) concurrently so sometimes I forget that this one is happening "live" and I need to check it.

Thank you for the words of encouragement about me trying to get a part time job. I haven't heard anything yet and was supposed to hear by the weekend. At this point I am feeling strongly that I hope I DON'T get it...I think because I was hoping to start with about 10-15 hours a week and they wanted 20-25. I don't know if I'm ready for that. So who knows?

I wanted to share this picture as I thought you ladies would appreciate it! We went to the Renaissance Faire yesterday and my little Rapunzel found the "Snuggly Duckling"! ;)

293250_10151102648228944_1898181113_n.jpg

and QUESTION:
Has anyone seen this fabric in drapes, bedspreads, etc around their travels in WDW? I got a panel on Etsy and she got it from the surplus store in Orlando that sells WDW stuff. It feels like a drapery fabric and is very silky. I'm going to frame it and put it in my sewing space but I'm curious to know if and how it was ever used at WDW!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/93944944/disney-world-frontier-usa-map-fabric-by

Hi guys I am busy working like crazy on all our outfits and have a question:

Has anyone used pettiskirt style??? Their phone number goes to a fax machine and they haven't returned my emails. Are they legitimate??? Good quality???

Also - when a costume pattern gives FINISHED ease measurements... does that mean I could go by those??? I guess I don't really know what that means?

THANKS EVERYONE

Wendy&Grumpy said:
Hi everyone!

DH just bought me an embroidery machine and I need help!!

It's a Brother SE400 and I've found the Disney and Pixar files on ibroidery.com but I cannot find a Crush!

Does anyone know if there's one in there somewhere? If so where?! If not, does anyone know where I can find a Crush file?

I need to make a Wavekeeper with Crush asap for someone whose cruise is September 2nd!

Thanks!!!

Frou Frou ny HeatherSue has crush. I can't remember if her site requires additional access, maybe someone else knows. Can't wait to see your creations!

Hi everyone!

It's a Brother SE400 and I've found the Disney and Pixar files on ibroidery.com but I cannot find a Crush!

Does anyone know if there's one in there somewhere? If so where?! If not, does anyone know where I can find a Crush file?

I need to make a Wavekeeper with Crush asap for someone whose cruise is September 2nd!

Thanks!!!

Just search for Turtle on my website and he should come up. :)

WTMTQ but everything looks so great! I am reading through the last thread (all 250 pages of it) concurrently so sometimes I forget that this one is happening "live" and I need to check it.

Thank you for the words of encouragement about me trying to get a part time job. I haven't heard anything yet and was supposed to hear by the weekend. At this point I am feeling strongly that I hope I DON'T get it...I think because I was hoping to start with about 10-15 hours a week and they wanted 20-25. I don't know if I'm ready for that. So who knows?

I wanted to share this picture as I thought you ladies would appreciate it! We went to the Renaissance Faire yesterday and my little Rapunzel found the "Snuggly Duckling"! ;)

293250_10151102648228944_1898181113_n.jpg

and QUESTION:

LOL! How funny! Did it smell like the color brown? ;)

Hi everyone!

Thanks!!!
You have a good husband :thumbsup2 What is a Wavekeeper?

We are going to arrive late on Thursday the 15th and leave on the 25th. My DD will miss 3 days of school, but she is in 1st grade so I'm not overly concerned at this point, besides last year they did nothing the 2 days of Thanksgiving week except for having a party. This is a huge family reunion trip we've been planning for about 3 years now. (I was pregnant with my baby when we decided to go when she was 2-1/2).

Thank you!
That sounds like a really fun trip!

and QUESTION:
Has anyone seen this fabric in drapes, bedspreads, etc around their travels in WDW? I got a panel on Etsy and she got it from the surplus store in Orlando that sells WDW stuff. It feels like a drapery fabric and is very silky. I'm going to frame it and put it in my sewing space but I'm curious to know if and how it was ever used at WDW!
Your DD looks really cute in her Rapunzel dress at the fair. As for the panel, I have never seen it but I'm guessing it came from Wilderness Lodge or maybe a common building at the Campground.

Hi guys I am busy working like crazy on all our outfits and have a question:

Has anyone used pettiskirt style??? Their phone number goes to a fax machine and they haven't returned my emails. Are they legitimate??? Good quality???

Also - when a costume pattern gives FINISHED ease measurements... does that mean I could go by those??? I guess I don't really know what that means?

THANKS EVERYONE
Sorry I can not help you with your questions because I am not familiar with that supplier nor do I understand what an ease measurement is. I did want to say that lots of folks on here have gotten pettiskirts from Princess Heirlooms. This is TeresaJoy from the boards and you can find her on facebook.

I just finished a HUGE batch of shirts for my nephew. He starts kindergarten on Wednesday and he has been insanely jealous of all the cute Disney shirts his cousins have gotten for our trip. So as a first-day-of-school gift I made a few. He is really into superheroes right now, but I mixed it up a little and threw some disney characters in as well. Now to get them to the post office. Won't make it before the first day of school but maybe the first week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!