Disboutiquers Part 24 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, wow I made it on page 3, not to bad for my first move!!!

love the heart outfit, she could definately wear it again!
and the cookie monster outfit it too dang cute....we took Megan to that show when she was 2, she danced the whole night!!!

we are off to CO, see you all on Tuesday when we get home!!!
have a great weekend all!!!

Well, It's my night to stay with my grandfather so my grandmother can sleep. And lets just put it this way, Its been a ROUGH night! (Parkinsons, dementia, seizures, anxiety and bladder issues..... makes for a FUN night) The disboards are keeping my sanity tonight. (i think):crazy:
You are very kind and selfless to give back so much to your family.

Made it! Survived my first move:cool1:
Congrats on the first move.

Since I already made it to page one I decided to be a real thread hog (think this might appear on page 2) and be the first to post a photo.

This was another Valentine shirt I made for dd. You can see how terribly enthusiastic she was in posing for this one :confused3

001-2.jpg

The jeans have hearts all over them, but those came from Target. And she only wore this once b/f VD b/c she was out sick a couple of days. Do you think it's too Valentinesy or can she wear it any ol' day?
She could wear that all year and I love the wrap top. I now have an adult version. The jeans are cute. I hope she is feeling better, there is such a nasty bug going around.

I rarely post, but I read daily. We're going to Disney the first week of May and I have a few outfits made and am in the process of making a Cinderella dress for DD. I'll post them as soon as I'm finished...hopefully before the next move. :)
Have a magical trip. Don't forget to post pictures of the customs.

My first move!:lovestruc
Yeah on your first move, glad you are with us.
Popping in to say hi before I head out for the day. We're off to Sesame Street Live, so of course Katie has a new outfit to wear. Originally I'd planned on her wearing a solid pink top, but the blue tank arrived yesterday and was just the perfect shade of Cookie Monster blue that I couldn't resist.

2132468180051332420S425x425Q85.jpg
That is going to be perfect. I love the blue, it is very very cute.

I'm here and miracle of miracles--I slept in this morning! I had expected a really rough night because I got Lucy dog a new sister yesterday. Her name is Katy and she is an 8 month old solid black cat. Katy is small for her age, so she is just an inch taller than Lucy and the same length.

I thought we might have a long introduction period and we didn't! They took to each other right away! Lucy is licking Katy instead of biting her (hoping she isn't just checking out how she tastes!) Katy is putting up with all the licking. They have each eaten the other's food and Katy is using her litter box (which I put in my bedroom closed off with a gate to give her a place to escape to if she needs it.)

She had already been spayed when I got her. Her former family had 2 dogs and they were being transfered over seas and couldn't take her with them.

So now my family of 3 females is complete!

Hi all, wow I made it on page 3, not to bad for my first move!!!

and the cookie monster outfit it too dang cute....we took Megan to that show when she was 2, she danced the whole night!!!

Have a great trip. Are you going skiing?

Good Morning! I made it. Which I am kind of surprised! I took zurtec (sp?) yesterday for the first time and it made me loopy. I played BUNCO last night and kept forgetting where I was going. And this morning I found a stack of cups in the fridge that I meant to put in the cupboard :rotfl: I hope today is better!

I hope you have a better day. I have those kind of days even when I am not on meds....:rotfl: You can imagine what I am like with them.

Ok, I made it.

I like both the Cookie Monster and the Valentine's day outfits. (I am not going to attempt multiquote on my phone since I couldn't stay awake late enough for the move)

Super cute and she can wear it any day! It just has some adorable hearts on it, not too Valentine's at all. What pattern did you use?

Andrea.... that is super cute shirt. And I don't think it it too Valentiny either. She could wear it any time.

I definitely think she can wear that anytime, thats adorable!

Andrea I love that outfit. DD would wear it anytime. She loves pink and hearts.

this shirt is really cute. I love the fabric you chose and I think she could wear it any time. It doesn't SCREAM Valentines to me - just love.

This is just adorable. My daughter would where this anytime of the year.

I love the top and think she can wear it any time. Is that the wrap top from patchwork kids? Very cute!!

I love the shirt! I think she can wear that anytime!

Oh, and our fireplace is exactly like yours. Weird, the things you notice in pictures!

She could wear that all year and I love the wrap top. I now have an adult version. The jeans are cute. I hope she is feeling better, there is such a nasty bug going around.

Thank you all for the nice comments. I was hoping no one thought it was too geared for Valentine's. It was very inexpensive fabric from Walmart and I thought it was cute.

The pattern is Miss Mary (wrap dress) from YCMT. I just shortened the length to make a shirt. This is with a gathered skirt. I used it non-gathered to make dd the Chinese dress I had posted on the last thread. The assembly is quick and overall easy, but for inexperienced sewers I would recommend a Carla pattern first b/c the instructions are not nearly as detailed as what Carla does. Also, I think it runs a little small. I made dd a 6 -- according to her chest measurement (which in Carla's patterns runs big on dd) and while it fits, I'm not so sure it will fit next year.

Lisa, have a great trip!

April, I LOVED your wrap top. I remembering commenting to you that's a favorite style of mine and would be awesome at hiding my poochy belly! I'll never have time to get around to attempting one for myself though.

And dd is all better. Her fever lasted three days and ds got it the next week but his fever lasted only a little over a day (but his went sky high). DD is so happy she is better b/c she can go visit Khelsey with me tomorrow to deliver our Big Give gifts.

I'm here! I got to sleep in since Friday is my day off!
Did you see Mallory got her outfits. The shirt looks PERFECT with the skirt (which looks incredibly long on Mallory in the pic but I made it the length they requested). Thank you again so very much for tag-teaming with me :)

Popping in to say hi before I head out for the day. We're off to Sesame Street Live, so of course Katie has a new outfit to wear. Originally I'd planned on her wearing a solid pink top, but the blue tank arrived yesterday and was just the perfect shade of Cookie Monster blue that I couldn't resist.

LOVE it! What great colors!!!

Last night, hubby and I did some talking. He is not yet 100% on board with the homeschooling idea, but he is warming up to it.

He even said that if we decide to visit Disney in September we wouldn't have to take her out of school....

This is the first time he has spoken positively about a September return to Disney. I was really surprised. Of course, I promised him that I would not require them to wear matching shirts if we go back in Sept....

Nini

Yay!!!

Has your hubby visited the school? If he goes (and the school shows a true depiction of what you describe) he may think homeschooling is even better. DH and I toured a private school here that we were not at all impressed with in person. Seeing the schools in person can give a better impression and may work in your favor.

I'm here and miracle of miracles--I slept in this morning! I had expected a really rough night because I got Lucy dog a new sister yesterday. Her name is Katy and she is an 8 month old solid black cat. Katy is small for her age, so she is just an inch taller than Lucy and the same length.

I thought we might have a long introduction period and we didn't! They took to each other right away! Lucy is licking Katy instead of biting her (hoping she isn't just checking out how she tastes!) Katy is putting up with all the licking. They have each eaten the other's food and Katy is using her litter box (which I put in my bedroom closed off with a gate to give her a place to escape to if she needs it.)

She had already been spayed when I got her. Her former family had 2 dogs and they were being transfered over seas and couldn't take her with them.

So now my family of 3 females is complete!
Congrats on your new baby! Pictures please!

My dogs would eat my kitties if they could! Except for our alpha cat -- he's the boss of everyone. We just keep the dog downstairs. All cats are free to get downstairs, but they risk being chased by two creatures that look like dust mops.

Well, It's my night to stay with my grandfather so my grandmother can sleep. And lets just put it this way, Its been a ROUGH night! (Parkinsons, dementia, seizures, anxiety and bladder issues..... makes for a FUN night) The disboards are keeping my sanity tonight. (i think):crazy:

You are so good to help out your grandparents like that. Have you ever checked into any kind of respite care for him so she can get a break during the day also?

Does anyone know where I can buy a Marie design for my embroidery machine? Heather doesn't have one and I didn't find any on etsy either. My niece just had a baby and I bought the cutest stuffed Marie to send to her and I wanted to applique a onesy to match.

Last night, hubby and I did some talking. He is not yet 100% on board with the homeschooling idea, but he is warming up to it.

He even said that if we decide to visit Disney in September we wouldn't have to take her out of school....

This is the first time he has spoken positively about a September return to Disney. I was really surprised. Of course, I promised him that I would not require them to wear matching shirts if we go back in Sept....

Nini

I'm glad he's at least considering it. There's no way I would put my child in that school, after what you described. And he's right, it's much easier to take a trip back to Disney if you homeschool!

I stopped by my local quilt shop this morning, after baking rainbow cupcakes for Megan's school's bake sale.

Boy she (the shop) is getting expensive! I know batiks are often more expensive- but it's crazy! I got a yo-yo maker, a package of golden eye needles, 1 yard of this reef print and 2 yards of batik and it was $40!
I was going to do a reversible batik A-line, but for that price, I am going to back them with muslin and make them individual dresses (easier for wear too if one gets dirty)

Still no sewing machine though! It's been almost 2 weeks. I do not like it. Hope its ready by tomorrow!

I have been looking for more answers with my son who has PDD-NOS I know there is something else going on well a friend of mine gave me the name of a Developmental Peditrician and I made an appointment for July :eek: I just hope the wait will give us some additional answers.

We see a pediatric neurologist once a year but I need more answers. I swear the kid has huge sensory issues and possibly appraxia so I just pray this helps.

I am also hoping for a cancellation so we can go earlier.

I am feeling grateful this morning my uncle who is DS's godfather offered to watch him so I can go to my mixed media workshop in April with my Mom, Aunt and cousin since DH has to work part of the time. My sister offered to take DD 9 and run her to lessons so in May I get to go away to Charlotte. Good thing DS loves to fly though he will be crabby when he realizes he isn't at Disney.:rotfl2:

I made it and early enough that I am not in any danger of receiving the infamous tardy slip again! whew!!!:lmao:

this is SOOOO cute!

I'm here! I got to sleep in since Friday is my day off!

Sleep in??? you posted before 7 a.m.! that is NOT sleeping in!:rotfl:

ok, i forgot to ask this question while making the move over here, but last night I was working on one of heathersue's cindy cutie t-shirt and got 2/3 of the way done and all of a sudden my satin stitch was showing up as the white thread in my bobbin and the blue thread in the needle did not show up anywhere???:confused3:confused3:confused3

what the heck happened and how do I fix it? I have a brother 750D in case that matters on the answer, but this made me so confused I just stopped until I can figure it out!

thanks in advance for any possible answer.

ok, i forgot to ask this question while making the move over here, but last night I was working on one of heathersue's cindy cutie t-shirt and got 2/3 of the way done and all of a sudden my satin stitch was showing up as the white thread in my bobbin and the blue thread in the needle did not show up anywhere???:confused3:confused3:confused3

what the heck happened and how do I fix it? I have a brother 750D in case that matters on the answer, but this made me so confused I just stopped until I can figure it out!

thanks in advance for any possible answer.

This has happened to me a couple times. It usually means I did not hoop the project well enough or it means my bobbin is not properly installed. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter