• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 20 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I made it on page 3. Yeah! :) Now if only I could get myself motivated to get busy sewing. My hubby is home sick with a nasty stomach bug, and I swear he is worse than the kids when he is sick. Now when I am sick, I am expected to keep the house running smoothly :)

I made it on page 3. Yeah! :) Now if only I could get myself motivated to get busy sewing. My hubby is home sick with a nasty stomach bug, and I swear he is worse than the kids when he is sick. Now when I am sick, I am expected to keep the house running smoothly :)

Yea, I get that here too...what's up with that? The world comes to an end when they get the sniffles but nothing short of being on life support makes a DW's work quit!:rotfl:

Since I did make the first page I will now post some things I made recently!

A top for a customer: It's the Cathy top/dress. I didn't know if I was going to like this pattern (no offense), but once it was made I love it! It goes together so easily and can be nicely appliqued on!
019.jpg
Fainting over the cuteness of the Jessie Applique... All the cute stuff is for girls. I bet that would look adorable for a little boy. Well, maybe on a t-shirt without the ruffles :rotfl:

Hi...can anyone join in? :)

My name is Kelly, and I live outside of Philadelphia, PA.

I'm definitely a beginner at sewing, but I've made a few curtains, and (simple)halloween costumes for my kids...so I'm not totally new.

I need a hobby that gets me away from Facebook games..... so I've decided to try to fill my time with sewing.

My kids are a little old for most of the things here, but I have a few little girls in my life that will LOVE some frilly skirts and dresses.

and since I see you are 3 pages in after a few hours..I KNOW I will not be able to keep up :lmao:

The Jessie top is TOO cute! I love it! I think I'm going to have to get that pattern for myself. Anyone have pictures of it being modeled yet?

A top for a customer: It's the Cathy top/dress. I didn't know if I was going to like this pattern (no offense), but once it was made I love it! It goes together so easily and can be nicely appliqued on!
th_019.jpg

A CarlaC romper for my neighbors little girl. Great pattern!! And so easy!
th_020.jpg
th_021.jpg

I really love the Jessie Cathy top. And the romper is so cute.

th_019.jpg

Love it!!!!

Drivin' by to say "I'm here!":car:

I haven't had much motivation to sew lately...but I bought fabric for Easter dresses for the girls, so I better find some soon!

I am now 18+ weeks pregnant with #3:cloud9:, and hopefully on Friday he/she will cooperate and I'll know if I am sewing for 3 girls or 2 girls and a boy for our November trip so I can start planning outfits!

Congrats!!! We are going for Hope's third birthday in November too!! I keep thinking about starting to sew, but it still feels far to far away to actually start!

I love them both...that Jesse is the cutest!! I love how you did the ruffle in red! Isn't that a fun pattern? And the romper is great....don't you love how its reversible....hey that fabric looks familiar!!! ;)
Thanks! I do love this fabric. I have wanted it for a while and the other day I found a remnant so went with that. I love the way you used it as well!

Fainting over the cuteness of the Jessie Applique... All the cute stuff is for girls. I bet that would look adorable for a little boy. Well, maybe on a t-shirt without the ruffles :rotfl:

Thanks. I have done very similar applique with Buzz and Woody for two little boys. They turned out really nice as well!

BIG GIVE - Sorry to be a pain, but I've had an email, but when I click on the link, it says my account hasn't been activated. Can anyone sort me out??? :confused3

I'm definitely a beginner at sewing, but I've made a few curtains, and (simple)halloween costumes for my kids...so I'm not totally new.

I need a hobby that gets me away from Facebook games..... so I've decided to try to fill my time with sewing.

My kids are a little old for most of the things here, but I have a few little girls in my life that will LOVE some frilly skirts and dresses.

and since I see you are 3 pages in after a few hours..I KNOW I will not be able to keep up :lmao:

Welcome! We don't bite (mostly), and the first few pages of a new thread always fill up fast, it's kind of a silly contest around here to try and get in on the first page. We usually average about 4-5 pages a day. If you like to sew and run out of little ones to make the fun stuff for, be sure to check out the info about the Big Give, found on page one. Facebook is addictive, but so is Disboutique, you have been warned! :lmao:

wow; I seriously can't leave for a couple of hours without y'all moving w/out me. sniff sniff. I had a great quote going on the previous thread, too.

I loved everything!

Can I CASE the bullseye dress- please?

Back to finding out what trouble the kids have gotten into- I hate spring break ;)

th_019.jpg
Love this! :lovestruc

I am here.. leaving to go sew though! I'll bring my quote over from the other thread later hopefully!

I keep forgetting to ask this...

Used to when I would go to reply with my quotes the pictures would show up and I could see what I was commenting on. They did an update a few weeks ago, and now I don't see pictures. Anyone else have this issue??? I really liked seeing the pictures.. now I have to go and preview so I can remember what I am commenting on!! :rotfl:

Yea, I get that here too...what's up with that? The world comes to an end when they get the sniffles but nothing short of being on life support makes a DW's work quit!:rotfl:

Funny, Funny, Funny! I can SO relate!

I am still getting over a 6 week bout of bronchitis and pneumonia, yuck! Hubby said he was going to check me into a hospital next time so I would get better faster. Made me think....where do I sign up!!!? I still had three kids, his bookkeeping, running the house, driving everyone where they needed to be, doctor appointments, etc. I asked 'someone' to load the dishwasher for me and you would have thought I asked him to ...well do something!

Of course, now that I think about it, three days after I had my hysterectomy I was expected to cook dinner. I guess I should be grateful I still have a job....right? After all it does pay in great hugs and kisses!

Nini

_th019.jpg

A CarlaC romper for my neighbors little girl. Great pattern!! And so easy!
_th020.jpg
_th021.jpg

So cute! The pattern is perfect for Jessie- I'm excited to start my first romper tonight, I think... Love yours!

Welcome:flower3:

Can anybody tell me what I did wrong w/ the pics? I tried to thumbnail them per page 1, but I'm thinking I didn't do it right?

How hard is it to do stripwork? I'm thinking of doing a simply sweet with a stripwork skirt. I just have a sewing machine-no serger! Is there a certain width that works well?

I only have lengths of cat print left and thought I could use it up doing a stripwork dress.

Any other ideas?

Congrats!!! We are going for Hope's third birthday in November too!! I keep thinking about starting to sew, but it still feels far to far away to actually start!

Thanks! When are you going? We'll be at AKL Nov 12-21.

The only reason I want to start planning outfits soon is I'll be having the new baby 14 weeks before we leave!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter