Disboutiquers Part 19 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made her a nightgown with one of my favorite patterns. It is easy and quick too.

th_IMG_2310.jpg

th_IMG_2309.jpg

Did I miss what pattern this is? I love it. I really need to make my girls some nightgowns...

I've just spent the last two hours or so reading through the manual for the embroidery machine I want, and watching a couple of videos on it. I am now more determined than ever to get it!

I know on the last thread there was some talk about the best (and least expensive thread) to get. I remember Marathon thread being talked about, but can someone give me some specifics. Is there a specific bobbin thread (perhaps pre-wound...I like using those for my quilt machine)...a specific top thread...best colors...etc.

Also, which stabilizers do you use? Tear away, wash away..... iron on..or not. I want to have a good stash before I get the machine, so that once it comes home I can play without having to go to the store for anything...

Yes, I am impatient! I want everything here at one time so I can play...did I ever mention I was obsessive?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can give me in my pursuits of embroidery fascination.

Nini

I use a medium to heavy weight cut away stabilizer, Heather gave me some prewound bobbins, so I've been using those. I believe it's prewound with the thinner bobbin thread. It lasts forever!

So, I've been playing around. . . here's a couple of pictures! Keep in mind, I only have a few colors of embroidery thread at the moment, so the colors on the cupcake aren't exactly perfect. I need to order the Marathon thread, just haven't done it yet. . .

th_cupcake.jpg
th_names.jpg

The cupcake is a design from SWAK and the other are just what came in my machine - I was playing around with placement, etc. On the hoop now is a tinkerbell applique that I'm testing out for a top I want to make for Ella.

Looking good Lori!!!!! Is this the first time you've used an embroidery machine? These look great!
"I LOVE YOU HEATHER!!!":worship::worship::worship:

Me too!!! :rotfl:

ALL right!!!! Karen is here!!! The party can begin!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Did anyone remember to get Kristine? Heather is she in the suitcase??

No one remembered me? I got left in the dust, or slush as the case may be. :sad1:

You're sick Jessica? Me too! Let's have a sick and left behind pity party!:sick:

Looking good Lori!!!!! Is this the first time you've used an embroidery machine? These look great!

Thanks, Teresa! Yep, my first time using an embroidery machine! I've been reading LOTS, though - from stabilizing to hooping (struggling with that a bit) to thread and applique! My brain is a mish-mash of all things embroidery!

I have been asked to make pillowcases for four pillows, but they need to have a zipper so they can be washed. Anyone know the easiest way to do this? I've never made pillowcases and I have only put one zipper in a dress. Any help would be apprieciated.

So, I've been playing around. . . here's a couple of pictures! Keep in mind, I only have a few colors of embroidery thread at the moment, so the colors on the cupcake aren't exactly perfect. I need to order the Marathon thread, just haven't done it yet. . .

cupcake.jpg
names.jpg

The cupcake is a design from SWAK and the other are just what came in my machine - I was playing around with placement, etc. On the hoop now is a tinkerbell applique that I'm testing out for a top I want to make for Ella.

Cute! I love the cupcake design! The thread colors look great!

I have been asked to make pillowcases for four pillows, but they need to have a zipper so they can be washed. Anyone know the easiest way to do this? I've never made pillowcases and I have only put one zipper in a dress. Any help would be apprieciated.

I'm not a fan of zips; could you do an envelope design? Just trying to help w/ zip free options:goodvibes

Hi Ladies, wish me luck- big day tomorrow
1st: yet another ARD meeting (for special education for DD) and now, of course we're paying the advocate $50/hr:eek: to sit there with us, so I'm even more stressed; she emailed today and offered to meet us before hand and all I could think of was the extra $25, so I said, no thanks, we're fine- we'll see you at 10:30...ugh.

Second, my Janome seems to have the same issue it had 6 months ago- bye bye another $100-150 at least. However, this is one dark cloud that just might have a slightly silver toned lining- My dad happened to mention- you're getting it fixed again? Which led me into a discussion w/ DH about how we were throwing money away on an outdated machine, and if we traded both my embroidery (PES700ii) and my sewing machine in, we might get a good deal on an Innovis 1500D (which would be super awesome, because I can almost taste that 6x10 embroidery field). Of course, between the meeting and a very full day of patients I probably won't be able to sqeeze in the sewing machine dealer, but I'm sure gonna give it my best effort. Here's hoping for good news!

Hi everyone!
Maybe I'll actually post a bit this time around :-) Heaven knows I'll have plenty of time now with all three kids away at school.
So, I was just invited to a baby shower where there will be a onesie contest...and already I'm feeling pressure! Any ideas on a great way to decorate/applique/paint/etc a newborn size onesie for a baby girl? Baby's name will be Naomi. I'm thinking a princess face applique with an attached tutu, but is that practical? or doable? H E L P !

Hi everyone!
Maybe I'll actually post a bit this time around :-) Heaven knows I'll have plenty of time now with all three kids away at school.
So, I was just invited to a baby shower where there will be a onesie contest...and already I'm feeling pressure! Any ideas on a great way to decorate/applique/paint/etc a newborn size onesie for a baby girl? Baby's name will be Naomi. I'm thinking a princess face applique with an attached tutu, but is that practical? or doable? H E L P !

At my baby shower, a dear friend gave me 4 onesies (3 - 6 month sized) that she had hand-embroidered various patterns on...a pram, a puppy with flowers, a bunny wearing shades, and an anchor (DH is in the Navy). They were just outline stitched in the various colors. They're really adorable.

I should mention that we elected not to find out what sex our baby was so I can only imagine what she would have gone all out on had we known it was a girl. I like the little tutu idea.

I'm not a fan of zips; could you do an envelope design? Just trying to help w/ zip free options:goodvibes

That might be easier. They are for pillows for the children in her daycare to sit on. I guess the pillows would stay in okay to do that. I don't like zippers much.

I'm glad I found you all! I've been checking in periodically over the past few days but haven't posted. I had surgery last week and am recovering nicely thanks to my wonderful husband who refuses to let me up for anything... to that I am very appreciative. I am going to owe him bigtime when I am all better.
I was able to order the PED basic for my machine though. So watch out Heather Sue. I will be bothering you soon. I would have ordered it sooner but didn't want to spend that kind of money. Percocet helped with the decision...Maybe that is the real reason my husband won't let me sit at the computer:rotfl2:
I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year. Mine started off with a bang!

That might be easier. They are for pillows for the children in her daycare to sit on. I guess the pillows would stay in okay to do that. I don't like zippers much.

In a daycare setting, I think Velcro would be preferable also...no parts to break or poke or scratch, etc.

In a daycare setting, I think Velcro would be preferable also...no parts to break or poke or scratch, etc.

That sounds good too! So what do you think about doing an envelope pillowcase with a velcro to help keep it closed. The pillows are 18" square and 24" square sizes. Are there any instructions out there for this kind of pillowcase?

No one remembered me? I got left in the dust, or slush as the case may be. :sad1:

You're sick Jessica? Me too! Let's have a sick and left behind pity party!:sick:

I had confidence in you Jeanne! I knew you'd find your way! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Teresa! Yep, my first time using an embroidery machine! I've been reading LOTS, though - from stabilizing to hooping (struggling with that a bit) to thread and applique! My brain is a mish-mash of all things embroidery!
You are very good at it Lori!

Hi Ladies, wish me luck- big day tomorrow
1st: yet another ARD meeting (for special education for DD) and now, of course we're paying the advocate $50/hr:eek: to sit there with us, so I'm even more stressed; she emailed today and offered to meet us before hand and all I could think of was the extra $25, so I said, no thanks, we're fine- we'll see you at 10:30...ugh.

Second, my Janome seems to have the same issue it had 6 months ago- bye bye another $100-150 at least. However, this is one dark cloud that just might have a slightly silver toned lining- My dad happened to mention- you're getting it fixed again? Which led me into a discussion w/ DH about how we were throwing money away on an outdated machine, and if we traded both my embroidery (PES700ii) and my sewing machine in, we might get a good deal on an Innovis 1500D (which would be super awesome, because I can almost taste that 6x10 embroidery field). Of course, between the meeting and a very full day of patients I probably won't be able to sqeeze in the sewing machine dealer, but I'm sure gonna give it my best effort. Here's hoping for good news!

I hope everything goes well for you!!! :hug:

Hi everyone!

I think the tutu would be really cute, just make sure it's not scratchy. And share pictures when you are done!

I'm glad I found you all! I've been checking in periodically over the past few days but haven't posted. I had surgery last week and am recovering nicely thanks to my wonderful husband who refuses to let me up for anything... to that I am very appreciative. I am going to owe him bigtime when I am all better.
I was able to order the PED basic for my machine though. So watch out Heather Sue. I will be bothering you soon. I would have ordered it sooner but didn't want to spend that kind of money. Percocet helped with the decision...Maybe that is the real reason my husband won't let me sit at the computer:rotfl2:
I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year. Mine started off with a bang!

I'm glad to hear you are recovering well! I can't wait to see what you come up with on your embroidery machine!

Kira-I love :love: Circle E candles and Bird of Paradise is my fav too!! It makes my entire apt smell blissfully sweet!!
I miss them.. I ran out of my beloved Bird of Paradise. I'm determined to give scentsy a good goo before going back to it.

Get back to weighing a size 8 in 1 year....
have a better relationship with my in laws

Ohh! Oh! Teach my husband to see dirt, and then do something about it- including picking up clutter, cleaning the kitchen, organizing the attic....weeding consistantly, how to mow the lawn and make a checker board, I would teach him to sand and repair wooden furniture, be ambitious about doing things around the house- I would teach him everything- if only he would then apply it!!
YES! THAT'S what I would do.
MM-hmm, I'm sticking with that answer.
I second all of this cept some of the hubby part. My hubby has to keep the boat really clean and repeats the same when he comes home.

Wow...I finally made it home...Left work when we were on page 249 and got home after a salon appt. and here you are, already on page 5??
Circle E is my favorite too and Bird of Paradise IS the best. We also went to the factory in Fredrickburg last February. It was fan-frickin-tastic!! :dance3:
They were cheating!! They all of a sudden got super chatty, and I wasn't home! ;)
Omgosh.. LOOOOVE Fredricksburg. I just thought it was such a sweet little town. I want to go back.
Aww.. he/she is too cute!
I've just spent the last two hours or so reading through the manual for the embroidery machine I want, and watching a couple of videos on it. I am now more determined than ever to get it!

I know on the last thread there was some talk about the best (and least expensive thread) to get. I remember Marathon thread being talked about, but can someone give me some specifics. Is there a specific bobbin thread (perhaps pre-wound...I like using those for my quilt machine)...a specific top thread...best colors...etc.

Also, which stabilizers do you use? Tear away, wash away..... iron on..or not. I want to have a good stash before I get the machine, so that once it comes home I can play without having to go to the store for anything...

Yes, I am impatient! I want everything here at one time so I can play...did I ever mention I was obsessive?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can give me in my pursuits of embroidery fascination.

Nini
You can use prewounds. I like them they are easy. I use NEBs. You can get them from all stitch. Just make sure you get the right size. Your manual should tell you what size bobbin you use.
http://www.allstitchembroiderysupplies.com/product/neb-embroidery-bobbins-style-l-white-1228.cfm
You can also buy bobbin thread from a dealer and wind them yourself.
I hear these are good too.
http://www.kittyshacks.com/landingpage .htm
Here are some helpful links regarding thread and stabilizer.
http://www.rnkdistributing.com/solutions.php
http://www.rnkdistributing.com/pdf-files/FlorianiWorkbookStabilizer.pdf
The stabilizer workbook is great!!
I would make them like pillow shams are made.
http://sewing.about.com/od/freeprojects/ss/flangedsham.htm
There is probably a better tute out there. That is just the first one I found.

Thankyou *Toadstool*

I will have to call her tomorrow and find out if that will be okay. Looks way easier than zippers!

Can I steal yours???? Love it!

By the way, I keep forgetting to post on here. We adopted a lab last month from Lab4Rescue!!!!

2009-10-28_0450.jpg

What a sweet face! and those eyes... charming

Hi everyone!

I think that onesie sounds super cute. you could do tie dye in girl colors and add hearts or something.

Ladies and Tom (where ever you may be these days)

Im looking for crafty books to check out at the library, So fill me up with books you love! Please pretty please. I need books to look at to jump start my crafty bone. I've been asked to have a table at the schools "craftateria fundraiser" event.

So anything you have read, or heard about or just LOVE...new or old. Please let me know. I love the library to check these babies out.

So cute for your first try! I have yet to even attempt anything on my new machine so you are ahead of me!

Did I miss what pattern this is? I love it. I really need to make my girls some nightgowns...

Sorry, I answered on facebook and not here: Katrin pattern. Super cute, but you have to trace the pieces and there aren't many directions. There aren't many parts either, so it's pretty easy to figure out.

:hug:

Ladies and Tom (where ever you may be these days)

Im looking for crafty books to check out at the library, So fill me up with books you love! Please pretty please. I need books to look at to jump start my crafty bone. I've been asked to have a table at the schools "craftateria fundraiser" event.

So anything you have read, or heard about or just LOVE...new or old. Please let me know. I love the library to check these babies out.

My husband got me this book last Christmas: Cute Stuff It is really neat and Megan and I have made several of the projects. We made Heather and Teresa tissue holders out of felt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter