Disboutiquers Part 15 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Lisa if I had half of your applique skills I wouldn't need an embroidery machine! In case you haven't noticed, I am VERY jealous of your talent!

I think we should start a club, because I couldn't agree with you more!

T UPDATE:

Tifani is right now laboring at home so she may pop in. No pun intended. Things are going slow and I think she's pretty tired! Send her lots of progression pixie dust!

:wizard::cheer2::wizard::cheer2:

Ok, you buy it then you can tell us all if it is worth it!! :thumbsup2
:rotfl2:

I think the Brother website is very vague about how to use the big hoop, which really kind of bugs me. If I buy it I really want to know it will do what I want it to. I tried looking at some of the different Brother embroidery machine boards, but I didn't see much about the big hoop.

Let me know if you find any definite information out about it. And, if I do, I will let you know too.
You guys figure it out ad let me know! I have a brother too ad would LOVE to do larger appliques!

I made up the pattern myself. The first bag I made was from a YouCanMakeThis pattern and I have worked on it from there.

Thanks! I think you probably have answered that before! It is really cute and I keep thinking about buying a pattern (nevermind I have 6 or so here) but none of them had exactly what I wanted. I guess I should just take one and tweak it!

The bookmarks worked for me but if it is after you click on it then I see what you are saying. I haven't run across one yet but sure they exist! I do find some dead ends here and there. I constantly move my stuff and others probably do too! I REALLY try not to click on the bookmarks because if I do I am lost in bookmark land for quite a while. I just love browsing through everything!

And TRACIE, where are you? I have seen or heard from you in a while!

That is cute! What size hoop do you have? I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying PED Basic if I can only do designs up to 4"x4" or if I could really do larger designs with a larger hoop - even if it means working in sections 4"x4". I wish now that I'd returned the Brother I bought last fall and spent a bit more for a Singer Futura since it wouldn't have required a separate purchase to be able to download new designs.

Lisa, I have the mega hoop and I use it all the time! I love making big appliques! I occasionally use my 5 X7 hoop and I don't think I have ever used my 4 X 4 hoop or the smaller one! My book talks about using a multi positioned hoop and my understanding is that you rehoop to make even bigger designs. But that takes thinking and I don't like to work that hard. :rotfl2::rotfl2: Or maybe its just my non tech mind can't quite wrap itself around it? :confused3

I just saw that design last night and thought of you! I love how it stitched out. Really cute!

Thanks, it did stitch out cute, but it was a lot of work. And of course I made it even bigger than the design was. It barely fit in the mega hoop width wise. It was hard cutting the hair! I think it was a 45 minute design that took several hours! But I really liked the way it turned out! :cool1:

Better late than never so I made it. I told DH to watch last night when we were close but he missed the jump.

I have work today and then tomorrow we leave. I didn't make the kimono dress for Sierra but that is all I missed.

We will be gone 6 days with the tomorrow night spent by the airport. Have a wonderful week.

Have a GREAT time!! I would meet with you, but my AP is blocked out. PM me if you need a off prem trip to a great fabric store! Just a couple of miles from disneyland!

DH and I just love this design. You are amazing. I hope you come to teach me when Santa delivers my embroidery machine.

Thanks and when Santa comes to visit I can help!!

I really like mickey as Jack Sparrow, but my boys just roll their eyes. :confused3

:lmao:

T HAS NOT HAD THE BABY, YET! SHE HAS MADE TERESA PROMISE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW IF AND WHEN IT HAPPENS THOUGH! and I am not yelling, just wanted to make sure everyone saw!:goodvibes

Thanks for the update! I guess I will watch facebook for updates!

After having issues when I tried to do a second skirt based on my 'best guess' for proportions, I sat down yesterday afternoon and measured the original skirt. I'm also working on steps for the construction. I want to make it as simple as possible but I'll definitely have people test it once I'm at that point.

I totally know what you mean about behavior issues. Zoe has been tired after day camp which means she can quickly get grumpy, whiny and argumentative. I've moved her bedtime a bit earlier - not as early as for school but earlier than if she was just staying around home all day. It's gotten better after I warned her that she'll lose additional weeks at day camp if this continues. I just wish she'd sleep in more... she's still usually up well before 7am even though we don't get her to camp until 8:30.

I will love that ebook too! I just love the look of the skirt!!

Hmmm, summer behavior issues? I think I have heard from 2 of my DD's this week with the exact same thing! :rotfl2::rotfl2: Sometimes its really nice to be the Nana!!!

T UPDATE:

Tifani is right now laboring at home so she may pop in. No pun intended. Things are going slow and I think she's pretty tired! Send her lots of progression pixie dust!

More baby labor dust being sent!

The bookmarks worked for me but if it is after you click on it then I see what you are saying. I haven't run across one yet but sure they exist! I do find some dead ends here and there. I constantly move my stuff and others probably do too! I REALLY try not to click on the bookmarks because if I do I am lost in bookmark land for quite a while. I just love browsing through everything!

I agree with this! If I go in there looking for anything, I find time seems to speed up and the next thing I know, its way later than I think it is! :lmao: And then some sites have blogs and then I go blog hopping! :hippie: And then its time for DH to come home and he asks what I did all day... :confused3

Wow, I missed the move and ended up on page 10!!! Well at least I found you all. I have GREAT news to tell you. Our adoption is FINALLY going to happen next week!!!!!! I can not tell you how relieved and excited we are that is is finally going to happen!!! Thank you so much for all the kind thoughts and prayers. You guys are all so sweet and kind and I am so thankful to be a part of this group!!!!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Wow, I missed the move and ended up on page 10!!! Well at least I found you all. I have GREAT news to tell you. Our adoption is FINALLY going to happen next week!!!!!! I can not tell you how relieved and excited we are that is is finally going to happen!!! Thank you so much for all the kind thoughts and prayers. You guys are all so sweet and kind and I am so thankful to be a part of this group!!!!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

And the minute you get home-I want a page full of pictures of that sweet boy and his FOREVER FAMILY!!!!

:cloud9::cloud9:

I admit I could TOTALLY be missing something here (even simple math is usually a lost cause for me) but wouldn't that end up being really short? That is for 50-54 inches and Em is at about 61 inches?

Woops!! Yes, you would need to add about 6" to the length measurement she gives you.

You guys figure it out ad let me know! I have a brother too ad would LOVE to do larger appliques!
SOMEONE must know!!! Hey anyone out there have a Brother that only does 4X4s and have the bigger hoop??? YOO HOO!!! I know you are out there somewhere!!!

(there, that should do it! :thumbsup2 )

1.)Lisa, I have the mega hoop and I use it all the time! I love making big appliques! I occasionally use my 5 X7 hoop and I don't think I have ever used my 4 X 4 hoop or the smaller one! My book talks about using a multi positioned hoop and my understanding is that you rehoop to make even bigger designs. But that takes thinking and I don't like to work that hard. :rotfl2::rotfl2: Or maybe its just my non tech mind can't quite wrap itself around it? :confused3
2.)I agree with this! If I go in there looking for anything, I find time seems to speed up and the next thing I know, its way later than I think it is! :lmao: And then some sites have blogs and then I go blog hopping! :hippie: And then its time for DH to come home and he asks what I did all day... :confused3

1.)I don't think you have the same kind of machine as we do, do you? Our Brothers will only stitch out a 4X4 area. We would have to have the repositionable hoop. I should have had my cousin bring her machine just to show me how that works!

2.) I do the SAME thing!!

I'm so excited for you Beth! :grouphug: You'd better get your camera out and get some brand new photos of that boy for us!

And the minute you get home-I want a page full of pictures of that sweet boy and his FOREVER FAMILY!!!!

:cloud9::cloud9:

I'm so excited for you Beth! :grouphug: You'd better get your camera out and get some brand new photos of that boy for us!

Thank you guys!!!! Oh boy do I have pictures!!!! I am not called a "photo freak" for nothing!!!! :lmao: I have almost 19 months worth of pictures to share...are you ready?????? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::cool1::cool1:Hahahahaha....!!!

Do any of you know where I can purchase some black/orange striped knit???? Also looking for black/lime green striped knit (or any shade of a lighter green)???

YAY!!!!! :cloud9::woohoo:

Chucks-

If at all possible I would try on the baby chucks. They can be a tight fit with the upper foot. When my girls were little chucks were always tricky to get the perfect size. I know find they run a little big on my oldest who is five. That being said . . . I LOVE chucks!!!! They are awesomely cute and go with everything. LOL JC Penny is where I buy the girls black low tops. Journey's for Kids is another good place to buy this seasons colors.

Not sure about sizing for you, but JCPenney used to carry the Chucks and they were a pretty good price too. I know Target is carrying them in the bigger girls sizes maybe check online to see if they have them in baby sizes too.

Thanks! I took my daughter to famous footwear last night. They had a pair of black hi top, so we tried them on. The smallest size they had was a 4. It fits okay - just a little big, but I went ahead and got them so she can grow into them (they are having the buy one get one half off sale). But I really want to get her a red pair for the fourth (likely have to order them) and I can't decide if I want to get the 3 for a bit better fit, or the four so they last longer. She just started walking Tuesday (soooo exciting!!), so she isn't really walking everywhere yet. For the fourth the shoes would really be more like an accessory!

Thanks for the help!! I plan on looking at those stores - and I am really glad I tried them on!

Jessica

Thank you guys!!!! Oh boy do I have pictures!!!! I am not called a "photo freak" for nothing!!!! I have almost 19 months worth of pictures to share...are you ready?????? :Hahahahaha....!!!

I just wanted to tell you again how SUPER excited I am for you!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::banana::banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:lovestruc Thank you!!! I am thrilled beyond words!!!! I can't wait for Phin and Ferb's to go through as well!!!!

What do you need it for? I think I have a a pair of tights
I need some for a raglan shirt I am making for each of the kids. I don't think the tights will be wide enough but you are so sweet.

popcorn::
:drinking1
:mickeybar

::yes:: yep I'm ready!

Jham I brought you a :mickeybar too.
lol Hey where is MY mickey Bar?? oh wait.....I almost forgot...I like salty snacks more than sweet ones. Can I have a bucket of Disney popcorn instead??? Pretty please???popcorn::popcorn::

Oooh, thanks! It looks like it's going to be a fun party! :dance3::rockband:
:cool1:popcorn::Hahahaha. I wanna party at WDW with all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I ??? Can I??

Wooohooooo!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Congratulations!
Can't wait to join the photo viewing party. I'll make the Dole Whips!

Glad I decided to check in last night, I knew the move was getting close but haven't had time to keep up with everything, so I am glad I didn't miss it.
I was 100 pages behind :scared1:!!
So I scanned through and I love all the new stuff everyone has made and I am caught up on the new thread.

:cheer2::goodvibes:goodvibes:cheer2: Sending good vibes to T for some rapid progress and safe and healthy delivery. As hard as it sounds some short naps worked well for me.

:dance3::banana::banana::banana::cloud9::cloud9: Beth, so glad to hear the great news! Hope all goes well .

TO TJ and Lisa and I know someone else wanted to know--I also have the Brother emb. machine and I have PED Basic I just tried to upload a 6X10 design onto my machine from my memory card and it doesn't let you. You can only upload designs that are 4x4. I did read somewhere that there is software you can get to split your bigger designs but some people that have used it say it doesn't work as well as they would like. So I guess we are all in the 'big hoop envy' group. Since Brother has lowered prices on some of their machines I am hoping to have at least a 5x7 for Christmas (I am wishing big, but we will see what happens). Hope this helps some of your confusion. As far as the bigger hoop for our machine it is mainly used for doing the same thing multiple times without needing to re-hoop, good for borders and my sister in law has used it for doing some in the hoop stuff.

After having issues when I tried to do a second skirt based on my 'best guess' for proportions, I sat down yesterday afternoon and measured the original skirt. I'm also working on steps for the construction. I want to make it as simple as possible but I'll definitely have people test it once I'm at that point. Hmm, I just tried it and the bookmark page opened. I definitely didn't sign up for anything. There are many links in that post so maybe you clicked one of the others instead. I know that several require an account to open, such as the photobucket account and the Big Give board.'By hand' to me means guided by hand through the machine. Right now, that's how I do all my appliques. I hope Hannah enjoys wearing her dress. It's nice to know she'll have multiple chances to wear it, too. I totally know what you mean about behavior issues. Zoe has been tired after day camp which means she can quickly get grumpy, whiny and argumentative. I've moved her bedtime a bit earlier - not as early as for school but earlier than if she was just staying around home all day. It's gotten better after I warned her that she'll lose additional weeks at day camp if this continues. I just wish she'd sleep in more... she's still usually up well before 7am even though we don't get her to camp until 8:30.Thank you so much! I'd much prefer to know the item looks better in person than photos. My photo skills are passable but I try to show things at their best without digital embellishment. Honestly, sometimes I see photos on :wizard: so 'enhanced' that it's hard to tell what the item looks like. Also, although I really admire those who can do amazing photos, at times they are so artistically shot that the focus is no longer the item for sale. KWIM?
I love that your photos are authentic; it shows that your work is so good (and it really is utterly mindboggelingly amazing) that you don't need to camoflauge or enhance it.* Um, did I hear you needed testers?:rolleyes1:rolleyes1* If you need help finding one, I happen to know someone w/ a little girl who's drooling over those skirts and wears a size 6/7...just sayin'...
T UPDATE:*Tifani is right now laboring at home so she may pop in. No pun intended.* Things are going slow and I think she's pretty tired!* Send her lots of progression pixie dust!
progress,progress,progress,progress....
Wow, I missed the move and ended up on page 10!!!* Well at least I found you all.* I have GREAT news to tell you. Our adoption is FINALLY going to happen next week!!!!!!* I can not tell you how relieved and excited we are that is is finally going to happen!!!* Thank you so much for all the kind thoughts and prayers.* You guys are all so sweet and kind and I am so thankful to be a part of this group!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
:dance3::dance3:
Wooohooooo!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:Congratulations!* Can't wait to join the photo viewing party.* I'll make the Dole Whips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter