Disboutiquers Part 15 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Wow you all are moving fast!

I commented on the end of the other thread about Chez Ami but it probably got lost. I have never bought their clothing but I have ourchased thier fabric. It goes on sale so you can get some great deals. I have bought the twill to make diaperbags and some broadcloth for dresses. I have not made the dresses yet. The twill would be good for jumpers as well. It seems high quality and it is wider than normal fabric.

This is what I made:

IMG_2780.jpg

PETTISKIRTS????

Can you tell me where the cheapest place to buy these are? I love the look of them!!!!

Also, I know you probably get sick of answering these kind of questions, but I want to open the bookmarks on the first page, but it won't let me until I join. I am having a hard time joining the bookmarks. Is there a trick to it? It is telling me to open the terms and conditions and there will be a page for me to fill out and email back. Is this right? If so, it won't work for me. PLEASE HELP! I feel stupid even asking this, but I would really like to have access to all of that wonderful info!!!

Happy Move Day ALL!!!

Love all the things, and just thought I would say hello. I have a couple of pics to post but will have to do them later, my photobucket is giving me trouble.

Here's the rework of the pink frill skirt. I'm much happier with it now. The proportions seem closer to the original. I actually didn't change it a lot aside from the change of the print used for the bottom 'swag' and using a dark pink for the rolled edge finish. It's about an inch mostly due to taking it apart and having to straighten the edges plus losing a little when I redid the rolled edge.

pink_frills2-1.jpg

Oh, I also reduced the bulk of the lace overlay layers. This is the one I first made for the skirt (with a new rolled edge) but I tried a fuller layer to replace it in hopes it would help the skirt. Now I think the
Love this skirt! It's awesome!

Here's what I did for her comb:

mulan1.jpg

I based it on this Disney pin:

pin8352
wow, just wow.:worship::worship:
Hi All...

I tried to read through the last thread but found myself really just looking at all the great things that everyone made towards the end. You are a very talented bunch and have inspired me to learn to applique and brush up on my sewing skills. I have a few things that I want to get started on and keep finding more things that I want to do.

I have done a few test samples of the applique, it is difficult for me because I have an older machine but don't think it is out of the realm of possiblities. I am also looking for a pattern... I am really not sure what you call it so I think that is where I am having a problem. I would like to make a dress for my daughter using the top of a t shirt and fabric on the bottom... I have been callling it a t shirt dress... Does anyone have any ideas where I could find one? I have not looked at Joanns yet but I hope to get there later. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Once I get some stuff done I will post some pics and join in but for now I just love everything yall do... they are wonderfull.

Deanna
check out youcanmakethis.com there are a couple of good ebook patterns for those.

I commented on the end of the other thread about Chez Ami but it probably got lost. I have never bought their clothing but I have ourchased thier fabric. It goes on sale so you can get some great deals. I have bought the twill to make diaperbags and some broadcloth for dresses. I have not made the dresses yet. The twill would be good for jumpers as well. It seems high quality and it is wider than normal fabric.

This is what I made:

IMG_2780.jpg

super cute!

Better late than never so I made it. I told DH to watch last night when we were close but he missed the jump.

I have work today and then tomorrow we leave. I didn't make the kimono dress for Sierra but that is all I missed.

We will be gone 6 days with the tomorrow night spent by the airport. Have a wonderful week.

Better late than never so I made it. I told DH to watch last night when we were close but he missed the jump.

I have work today and then tomorrow we leave. I didn't make the kimono dress for Sierra but that is all I missed.

We will be gone 6 days with the tomorrow night spent by the airport. Have a wonderful week.

Have a GREAT time!!!!!!

I took a couple of quick pictures

Here is the front of the sundress (still needs the straps)
100_9729.jpg

I also made a matching doll dress, hairbows and necklace
100_9731.jpg
The hair bows and having everything match so perfectly is wonderful!

Here's what I did for her comb:

mulan1.jpg

I based it on this Disney pin:

pin8352
This is just amazing. Do you still do all of it by hand?
Thanks Karen! It took me forever to get through the g pages you guys have burned through.
We are 2 cm and progressing. Possibly some fluid and definitely some show so since were an hour away we are doing what we can to help it along. The MW ready to send us home just yet. So we'll make another evaluation around 2am

Thanks for not ditching me.

Anna love the new dress...too cute!
Hope you are feeling ok and new baby is on the way.

DH and I just love this design. You are amazing. I hope you come to teach me when Santa delivers my embroidery machine.

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!!

This is what I made:

IMG_2780.jpg

Very cute stuff.

Have a great time.

I took a couple of quick pictures

Here is the front of the sundress (still needs the straps)
100_9729.jpg

I also made a matching doll dress, hairbows and necklace
100_9731.jpg

Oh, all looks great.

DSCF5287.jpg

DSCF5288.jpg

DSCF5290.jpg

DSCF5291.jpg

The last panel will be blue. I just can't decide what to put on it!!

The blossom looks good, even though I think I quoted the pics without it. And Happy Anniversary. My 15th was yesterday.

Here's the rework of the pink frill skirt. I'm much happier with it now. The proportions seem closer to the original. I actually didn't change it a lot aside from the change of the print used for the bottom 'swag' and using a dark pink for the rolled edge finish. It's about an inch mostly due to taking it apart and having to straighten the edges plus losing a little when I redid the rolled edge.

pink_frills2-1.jpg

Oh, I also reduced the bulk of the lace overlay layers. This is the one I first made for the skirt (with a new rolled edge) but I tried a fuller layer to replace it in hopes it would help the skirt. Now I think the

Looks very nice. I thought I liked the 1st one the way that it was, but it does look better now.

I really like mickey as Jack Sparrow, but my boys just roll their eyes. :confused3

Hello all! I was worse than a lurker on the last thread and I know I missed so many things - I hate that!! Thank goodness that I get to see lots of things on Facebook! Anyway, I'm hoping to be a little less busy and maybe a bit more active on this thread. I have missed you all and all the chatter here.

Had to come in this morning to see if there's any news from T. :cutie:

I was going to try and keep caught up on this new thread, but I can't do it! I want you all to know I saw the teasing about "The Doll" and how I ruined several children for life. You can't say you weren't warned! :lmao:

:mickeybar The kids are having their nightly fake :mickeybar I really need to get all of my stash washed and ironed. I was thinking of "Trying" my hand at an Applique after downloading Heather's Bestest Tute :confused3 I guess when I go to the big city I can get the stuff I need:lmao:
Yay!!! You can do it!!

Well........... just remember you can ask Teresa any questions here on this thread. She knows everything there is to know about applique and ruffles and easy to do patterns- and she doesn't even require you to read the first page to know where to find all that info! She's a peach!
Yes, Teresa LOVES to answer the same question 1000s of times!! That's why she didn't put any important information in the very first post with a HUMONGOUS stop sign. :rotfl2:

Seriously 3 pages in a 15 minutes!! That has to be some kind of record!!!

I need opinions please!!!
What should my fourth applique be for sophias mulan birthday outfit?
I have three choices in mind but feel free to offer other suggestions!
1. Crickee
2. A lotus/magnolia blossom
3. The word Mulan

Congrats T I know you've been waiting for littlest to make their introduction!!

Ok I guess it's been a half hour but still that crazy!!
I was going to vote for Crickee, but the lotus blossom would be pretty, too! I LOVE the outfit so far!!!

I am gonna bite the bullet, Im gonna to a more complex applique. SOOOO what is a good beginner applique besides a mickey ears. Come on girls, remember I have never done anything complex just a few mickey heads and a heart.

If you're thinking of doing a face, go with something that's not human! That way it doesn't matter so much if you mess up the eyes a little or something.

Hi All...

I tried to read through the last thread but found myself really just looking at all the great things that everyone made towards the end. You are a very talented bunch and have inspired me to learn to applique and brush up on my sewing skills. I have a few things that I want to get started on and keep finding more things that I want to do.

I have done a few test samples of the applique, it is difficult for me because I have an older machine but don't think it is out of the realm of possiblities. I am also looking for a pattern... I am really not sure what you call it so I think that is where I am having a problem. I would like to make a dress for my daughter using the top of a t shirt and fabric on the bottom... I have been callling it a t shirt dress... Does anyone have any ideas where I could find one? I have not looked at Joanns yet but I hope to get there later. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Once I get some stuff done I will post some pics and join in but for now I just love everything yall do... they are wonderfull.

Deanna

Did you read the very first post? Did you click on the "bookmarks"? Did you do a search in the bookmarks for "tshirt dress"? Did you check the website that was mentioned in the first post that contains the patterns that many of us use to create our designs? it is all mentioned in the first post. If you check there, I bet you'll find exactly what you need. If not, please come back and ask again, and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

This is what I made:

IMG_2780.jpg

Those are FAB! Love them!

This is what I made:

th_IMG_2780.jpg

What pattern do you use for your bags? They are always so cute! I also love all the matching accessories!

Hi All...

Deanna

I have never made a dress like you are talking about but I doubt there is even really a pattern for it (maybe there is) but guess what I am saying is you can do it without a pattern!

Decide how long you want the dress and where you want to cut off the tshirt at. I think some cut close to the bottom and others a bit higher up. Your fabric will need to be the desired length - tshirt length + add about an inch or so for seam allowance and hem.

I would go with about 2x as wide as the shirt (front and back). Or just measure across the front and do that x 4 (times 4 because you didn't measure the back).

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Karen! It took me forever to get through the g pages you guys have burned through.
We are 2 cm and progressing. Possibly some fluid and definitely some show so since were an hour away we are doing what we can to help it along. The MW ready to send us home just yet. So we'll make another evaluation around 2am

Thanks for not ditching me.

Anna love the new dress...too cute!
Oooh.. no updates. That must mean she had the baby?

Thanks for the Help Ladies!! I'm done!! With the applique part anyway! I got it all sewed together and I ran the basting stitches, Then realized how late it is!! I have to take sophia to her first dance class in the am so I'm done for the night! All I have left to do it to attach the skirt. Wait I also need to put something on the hem. I guess I'll figure that out later! I gotta go to sleep. Oh and here's a picture of the lotus bloom:
DSCF5293.jpg

DSCF5294.jpg

It's also my 10 year anniversary today! :bride: :groom:
Beautiful! Happy anniversary! My DH is going to be home for our anniversary for the first time ever this year. I am super excited. :goodvibes
Area sewers. Wow, how many Lafourche/Terrebonne people do we have out here? I'm in the Central Lafourche area.

Toadstool is Lafourche & I notice there is a Coteau.

I need to know where is the best place to buy fabric around here. I can't find any pink w/ white polka-dot. I need a Minnie from the Clubhouse dress for DD & I don't necessarily want to order any online.
Coteau is not from Houma just so you know.. I can't remember where she is from. I just know it isn't super close to me.
I live in Cut Off.. do you live in Raceland or Lockport?? I have some pink with white dots. I got it at Joann in New Orleans. There is an heirloom shop in Lockport, but she is kinda expensive. Definitely worth just going in and looking though. Oooh maybe we can be fabric shopping buddies. :goodvibes
There is a new quilt shop that opened here too. Her fabric is really cheap.

T HAS NOT HAD THE BABY, YET! SHE HAS MADE TERESA PROMISE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW IF AND WHEN IT HAPPENS THOUGH! and I am not yelling, just wanted to make sure everyone saw!:goodvibes

Ok, I'm tired and going to bed. I will post pics tomorrow of the Dalmation outfit I made for the spotted child :-)lmao:)

This made me giggle! Sorry about the spots. The dress is super cute.

I use a fabric pen that washes away to draw the eyelashes first and then stitch along the lines. It might be easiest to do them with hand embroidery to start. You can also use a straight stitch on your machine. I do that more often now than by hand because I have trouble doing much stitching by hand anymore (darn that aging process :rotfl:). I use a short stitch length and go slowly over the marks. Once I get to the end of the eyelash, I stop with the needle down and turn the fabric so I can stitch back over the same line. Here's one where I did the lashes on the machine. I think I went over the line 2 times out and back stopping before the end the second time so the lash looks more tapered to the end.

minnie11.jpg

Lisa, that is really good advice. I am going to go back and look at Alice's eyes. I have not showed Hannah the Alice Vida yet because she has been not the best little girl the last few weeks. I did not want to reward her behaviour. KWIM She has had a better week so maybe if she keeps it up I will give her the dress next weekend. The plan is for Hannah to wear it to her sisters Mad Tea Party Bday party, the to WDW and her Kindergarten orientation.

I will say that owning a LisaZoe is like taking a sewing class. I was so impressed with all the finishing details. You know how sometimes things look better on the screen- well her dresses look 1000 times better in person. You know how pretty they are on the monitor.

Have a great trip!!!!

T HAS NOT HAD THE BABY, YET! SHE HAS MADE TERESA PROMISE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW IF AND WHEN IT HAPPENS THOUGH! and I am not yelling, just wanted to make sure everyone saw!:goodvibes
thanks for the update! Even if you where shouting who cares we are all so excited aout the new baby!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter