Disboutiquers Part 12 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I've been super busy and been lurking here on and off for the last several days. This is part of what I've been up to!

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

I LOVE Carla's new pattern! You really need it! Seriously! I'm planning several more. It is so versatile.

AbbyGrace is going to wear this on her birthday trip. Now I need to figure out which character meal to reserve so that she can wear it! :rotfl2:

Good Moooor-niiiiing!!!!!
IT'S HERE!!!!
Just checked and Carla's new pattern is finally here- it's under "What's New"

Yay!!!

VERY COOL!!! I was just coming to alert everyone too!!:thumbsup2 You could still have this ADORABLE dress all sewn up in time for Easter!!!

Shannon, I LOVE the Minnie dot dress!! It will be perfect for a special birthday ADR (you caved, huh??)
...t.

t
SEWING MACHINE QUESTION???
All of the sudden my brand new machine decides the threader isn't going to work:scared1: I tried changing the needle in case it was bent and it wasn't lining up. That didn't work. i have done the old fashioned turned it off and on but nothing! Any suggestions? I am sure I can take it back to the place I got it and ask them to replace it but I don't think that should be happening after only a few months! I got it in February!

Hmmm, I don't have any suggestions I don't think. Perhaps trying a different thread spool? The first time I threaded my self-threading machine, I was about ready to throw the thing over the balcony after it didn't work 16 times in a row and then I used a different spool of thread, and voila! It worked!

This is so cute and so is she!

Hey guys! I've been super busy and been lurking here on and off for the last several days. This is part of what I've been up to!

th_IMG_4305.jpg

Okay, this is wonderful! I am definitely buying this pattern. Your daughter is a doll!!

Is the bubble skirt a YCMT pattern?

It sure is. It is the Miss Lily, you can find it on the "What's new" section on YCMT. I really love the pattern and found it was really easy to follow and put together. It is the first pattern for clothing that I have tried from YCMT so I was very impressed. I put the Little Mermaid dress together in a couple of hours and that is with many,many interuptions from my daughter and nephew.

I got my first Vida pattern in the mail. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Please post your favorite Vida that you have done. I am looking for inspiration.

I'd be willing to help out too. We just got back in january from a Carnival cruise with the kids. I posted these a while back, but will post again. These are just a few of the customs I made, but not the best pics.
http://

Thanks so much for the offer! Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner - we just got back from a Florida beach vacation (with NO trip to Disney!!:scared1:) It was so fun though! Now I gotta get to sewing - I have a few other things to finish before I get started on the cruise clothing - we leave in just over 5 weeks! I really like the cute pirate and crab clothing you made! So adorable! If you don't mind, maybe sometime I'll shoot you a PM with some cruise questions!

Jess

That is just too pretty on her! So cute!

She looks beautiful! I love the dress! I see a CASE in my future!

Shannon, I LOVE the Minnie dot dress!! It will be perfect for a special birthday ADR (you caved, huh??)
...t.

Okay, this is wonderful! I am definitely buying this pattern. Your daughter is a doll!!

Thanks so much, gals! I loved making this dress! I can't remember the last time I was actually giddy about something I made. You gals really know how to keep a girl sewing! Thanks again!

T- yes, I caved! The trip is booked, but AbbyGrace doesn't know! SHHH! I can't hardly stand myself - I get to make ADR's tomorrow.

I felt the same way Shannon. I was excited about everything about it. I got the fabric on clearance for about $2 a yd or something a year ago and it has just been waiting for the right project.

For anyone who is askeered to sew sleeves....this pattern was painless!! From the sleeves, to the collar and plackets Carla makes it easy.

And I was super thrilled w/ the way it turned out....till I saw everyone elses!!! Now I'm just bummed. :headache:

...t.

I felt the same way Shannon. I was excited about everything about it. I got the fabric on clearance for about $2 a yd or something a year ago and it has just been waiting for the right project.

For anyone who is askeered to sew sleeves....this pattern was painless!! From the sleeves, to the collar and plackets Carla makes it easy.

And I was super thrilled w/ the way it turned out....till I saw everyone elses!!! Now I'm just bummed. :headache:

...t.

Why are you bummed? Your creation is gorgeous! Truly! I love it!

So I started straightening up the sewing room and wanted to start sewing again, but then I got side tracked. I've decided I HAVE to do some spring cleaning. I've got AbbyGrace clothes coming out of everywhere. It's time for the stuff to come out of my sewing closet, and out of hers. SO, I'm cleaning stuff out. Hoping they find a good home. Now I'm on a self inflicted sewing halt until this task is done. Hopefully it wont take long.

SEWING MACHINE QUESTION???
All of the sudden my brand new machine decides the threader isn't going to work:scared1: I tried changing the needle in case it was bent and it wasn't lining up. That didn't work. i have done the old fashioned turned it off and on but nothing! Any suggestions? I am sure I can take it back to the place I got it and ask them to replace it but I don't think that should be happening after only a few months! I got it in February!

Check the size of needle you are using. Mine will only work on needles sized 11-14. I found out by taking my non working threader 50 miles to my dealer! :rotfl2:

This is the newest thing to come off of my sewing table. My DD2 picked out the fabric and has told me that she is wearing it when we eat at the castle!! she loves these bubble skirted dresses! Please excuse the messy hair, it's almost bedtime in this picture. she HAD to put on her dress so she could dance with the people on Dancing with the Stars.:lmao:

myprojects049.jpg

myprojects051.jpg

Here is my DD9 in her newest dress, she also picked out the fabric. I'm not to sure about the bodice, I'm thinking I need to make some adjustments somewhere. I'm actually thinking about putting in elastic at the top and attach it to the ties to give it more of a gathered look at the neckline?

myprojects046.jpg

myprojects047.jpg

Cute!! Both of them!

Good Moooor-niiiiing!!!!!
IT'S HERE!!!!
Just checked and Carla's new pattern is finally here- it's under "What's New"

Yay!!!

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

I LOVE Carla's new pattern! You really need it! Seriously! I'm planning several more. It is so versatile.

AbbyGrace is going to wear this on her birthday trip. Now I need to figure out which character meal to reserve so that she can wear it! :rotfl2:

OMGoodness, I am so excited!!! I was just about to start Easter dresses for DGD's!! I will get this pattern first, then start their dresses!!! So it was easy?? Not too hard??

ETA, all the dresses posted are adorable!! Your DD's are all so cute! I love them all!

WOO HOO!!! Break out the tickers. Looks like our dates for this years family vacay are booked!! We are going Dec. 6-13th. Tried to get rooms on property but the time share was booked. I think they are still trying but have booked a room off property anyway. I am a little bummed not to be going to MNSSHP this year, but if I have my way there may be an Oct. trip to DL (so far DH hasn't said NO) I haven't been to WDW for Christmas EVER though so I am pretty excited!!! Of course this means I won't be able to get away w/ seasonal passes this year and will have to shell out for annuals but whatever ;)

Yeah! We'll be there for our daughters first trip December 5-12!! It's not booked yet, but soon. We're inviting a bunch of family too - so excited!!

Christmas is our favorite time to go!! It's soooo beautiful!

Its a beautiful day here and I am soo loving the weather.... so I haven't been getting much done and with company coming in tomorrow I need to put my sewing away for a bit. :sad2:

But I love all the new dresses.. I want the new CarlaC and the Miss Lilly, soo cute! And great job to those of you who have already made them!:yay::yay:

For any Dan Zanes fans out there... Amazon has a FREE MP3 album right now. I got it last night with a few other things. Seach in the MP3 downloads for "Smile Smile Smile" and you should see the album. It has 7 songs on it, so its not huge, but fun all the same.
We are making my soon to be 7 year old niece an CD of all our favorite songs (kids are helping). Her parents aren't excited about her getting into Hannah Montana... and we are trying to respect there requests. They don't know Dan Zanes or the Imagination Movers or Ralph's World. So we are trying to put together some of our favorites that aren't tooo young. But I think she and her sisters (5 and 2 years old) will enjoy it also.

Ok, I am going to lurk for a few days.

Here is Lily's easter dress:

DSCN4651-1.jpg

DSCN4650_edited-1.jpg

LOVE this pattern! The collar and sleeves were in fact quite easy, no pulling or squishing trying to get things to line up! :banana::banana::banana:and I used Carla's free sash pattern too! In fact, I need to get off the computer and go make 2 more sashes.

First, let me say JHAM- I saw this dress on the YCMT website this morning and Sydni said " Oh I LOVE that dress!!!!" Great job! I saw a ton of other familiar faces as well, LOVE ALL OF THE DRESSES!

NEXT: I made this pillowcase dress, and now I can't decide what color ribbon to use for the ties! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???
birdiedress001.jpg

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Mindy:)

OMGoodness, I am so excited!!! I was just about to start Easter dresses for DGD's!! I will get this pattern first, then start their dresses!!! So it was easy?? Not too hard??

ETA, all the dresses posted are adorable!! Your DD's are all so cute! I love them all!

What an absolutely beautiful dress. I love it!! Your Daughter is so pretty too!!!

Thanks so much! I think AbbyGrace loves it! I can't wait to make more. I felt that the dress went together pretty easily. You do gather the sleeves, but it isn't any more difficult that gathering anything else, in my opinion. In true Carla fashion, the directions are SO clear thus making it possible for most people to be able to create this dress. It is very straight forward. Even the things that I would normally not even think of attempting were spelled out step by step. I'm no longer afraid! WOO HOO!

First, let me say JHAM- I saw this dress on the YCMT website this morning and Sydni said " Oh I LOVE that dress!!!!" Great job! I saw a ton of other familiar faces as well, LOVE ALL OF THE DRESSES!

NEXT: I made this pillowcase dress, and now I can't decide what color ribbon to use for the ties! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???
birdiedress001.jpg

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

First of all - CUTE dress. Second - I'd use red polka dotted straps.

I was thinking polka dot, but in this mass of ribbon at my house, I don't have the first red polka dot!!!!!!!:confused3 BTW: I LOVE AbbyGrace's new dress! Seriously, you did a FANTASTIC JOB! I am still debating on the new pattern. Can't decide?:confused3

birdiedress001.jpg

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

I saw that and said definitely red polka dot ribbons! No pun intended but it would tie everything together.

Even the things that I would normally not even think of attempting were spelled out step by step. I'm no longer afraid! WOO HOO!

Thanks for saying this! It may have gotten me to purchase this pattern. Sleeves and collars scare me.

Here is Lily's easter dress:

DSCN4651-1.jpg

DSCN4650_edited-1.jpg

LOVE this pattern! The collar and sleeves were in fact quite easy, no pulling or squishing trying to get things to line up! :banana::banana::banana:and I used Carla's free sash pattern too! In fact, I need to get off the computer and go make 2 more sashes.

How pretty! Great job on the dress. And such a cutie modeling the dress. Where can I find that pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter