Disboutiquers Part 12 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, see, when you put it like that, it makes perfect sense! :rotfl::rotfl: Of course a girl can't wear the same dress to two events!

And for some reason that I can not figure out at all, I JUST REALIZED that I don't have a new outfit for my son for Easter! :scared1::scared1: I've been concerned about what my DD was gonna wear, and have completely forgotten to get something for my son. I'll be up early in the morning at the mall hoping I can find something this late!

But the one dress to two events does not seem to apply to spiny skirts and Tinkerbell outfits. THOSE can be worn multiple times:lmao::lmao:

th_PreciousEasterDress003.jpg
Love it! The fabrics you chose are beautiful!

Can we be friends?:flower3: I finally joined facebook and would love it if you all would befirend me!LOL Thanks! I a Mindy Adkinson on facebook!
I just saw you added me. Facebook still confuses me. Maybe if it confuses you we can be confused together? :confused3

Yay for the babylock!!!! The fabric I used is an Amy Butler one. It is Sweet Jasmine in Natural from the Daisy Chain line.
Thanks! Not like I need more fabric, but I can put it on my wish list.

I'm finally getting some time to work on Lily's spring wardrobe a bit. She LOVES her pockets!

And can I say is those Garanimals leggings from Walmart are WORTHLESS!!! Every pair I have bought has come open at the seams within MINUTES of putting them on Lily. And she is NOT hard on clothes. The pair in these photos came straight out of the package and on her and I think the hole must've already been there because she never even moved. This has happened with 4 or 5 pairs. Maybe that's why they aren't selling them anymore. :confused3

th_DSCN4697-1.jpg
Such a cute dress! Hannah loves pockets right now too. I have several of those garanimals leggings and none of mine have come unstitched. I put them under her dresses alot. THat is strange that you have problems with them and I don't. I do plan on making my own once I have my serger though. I bet I could whip out some cute little leggings. My problem with them is that I have a hard time matching things I make! I have tons of black and white though.

n677208159_1617869_3685569.jpg

I finished this Saturday afternoon, but Lydia was dirty when I finished it, so I wouldn't let her try it on. By the time I gave her a bath it was too late for pictures at home. So, Sunday morning, I took her in her PJs to the meeting and had her get dressed in the back of the van so she woudn't get her dress wrinkled before I got pictures of it! She thought that was very odd. I thought it was perfectly reasonable! :confused3
I usually dress Hannah once we get somewhere too. Cotton wrinkles sooo badly!
I love the dress! Lydia looks so precious in it.(haha.. I couldn't help myself)
That fabric is adorable. I just :lovestruc her hair!

The piping was very easy to make on my serger. You just buy the cord and cut a strip of fabric, fold in half, put the cord deep in the fold of the fabric and run it through the serger using a cording foot. It stitches right up to the edge of the piping. It's really cool!
Woo hoo! Yet another good thing about sergers to tell my hubby. Keep em coming. My machine doesn't have a good piping foot for it. All of the feet I have bought for that specific purpose either have grooves too big or too small. I hate using zipper foot for that. I use that teeny tiny piping cord that you get form heirloom shops.

Here she is in all her glory.......
th_IMG_6785.jpg

She loves it too! Now about that Curious Goerge?.....?
Anybody?
CUTE CUTE CUTE!! I have some tule... I soo need to make some kind of version of this!

So, you think you're getting an EVOLVE! WOW! You go girl! Keep me informed - you're gonna love it!
Ya, I am pretty sure I'm getting one. He likes to make me think I'm not getting something before he gets it for me, but I can read him like a book! I did give up my Martha Pullen school of art and fashion to get it though. :sad2:
I'm trying to explain to him that I need 8 threads and a coverhem.. and 4 needles? Ya... NEED that. :rolleyes1

That fabric is cute! Her braids are adorable though.

It's not nesting as bad under there, but I had to take the top tension all the way down to 0 to get it to sew right. I just had it completely serviced & he fixed the tensions & everything, so I don't know what the deal is. Is the tension supposed to be that low????
No.. don't think so. I've had a thread stuck in my tension dics before though. Can you call him and ask him about it? Maybe he'd know from the symptoms.

here is outfit number two for our 1900 park faire dinner.

th_cindy2001.jpg
Very pretty!

Can some of you post some Alice in Wonderland customs please? I have just been informed of a Mad Hatter's Tea Party, so I need to make an outfit. I know I have seen some before, but I don't remember them!

I hear you on that!!! I have the stripwork jumper pattern and LOVE it. I've used it so much. My dd is 6 so many of the patterns (other than the Carla patterns) wouldn't work for her anyways. I just wish she had a bundle with the 3 patterns I wanted!!

You are right, though. The patterns do grow with my kids so I guess are worth the investment. Can her pants pattern be made as shorts? Do they work well as shorts?

I asked YCMT before, and they said I could substitute something in the bundle - just ask, you never know! I use the pants pattern as shorts, capri's pants, pj's, sometimes i put elastic in the cuff, sometimes i put on a ruffle - its really soooooo versatile!!!

In case any of your kids are into Perler beads like my DD9 is, check this out...

http://www.koolstuff4kids.com/newproducts09.html

Gillian started hyperventilating when she saw these!

I LOVE THESE!!!!!

I showed this dress to DH who said "Yeah, cause you can't have too much red w/ white dots" very sarcastically. my reply???"NOPE!!!" :rotfl2: Not that he though YOUR dress had too much Minnie dot, I think it was a comment on our little society.;)

YOU DID THE PIPING ON YOUR SERGER???? :worship::worship::worship: I clearly need to learn how to use my serger.

I love the look of piping - how do you "stop and start" it on the outfit? do you need to do a special foot for the premade stuff? I just tried on this itty bitty dress, and it is okay - its a bit bulky where the piping was stopped and started cause the direction said to fold it over at each end - is this what you do?

I made the itty bitty dress for a new baby 2nd cousin to wear now, and then the Aline is a size 0 :rotfl: - i was thinking of doing easyfit pants to match it - what do you think? do they have a size 0 for them????? what kind of buttons would you use on the top?????
100_0989.jpg

All right - got my fabric, scissors and piping all packed - LETS MOVE!!!

Aw, I was about to ask if they were easy or not. :sad1: Does Sydni keep them in all day? Megan always wants a headband and then I find it 20 minutes later around the house. Plus I keep her hair in a ponytail at school cause I'm afraid of bugs!

Megan is almost seven too and I tell her she will always be my baby!

They are really not difficult! Just take quite a bit of time and ribbon! Sydni does keep these in all day, even at school!

Morgan told me today she NEEDS 3 Easter dresses. :scared1:I think I talked her down to 2 (plus the silk she has already). But then the dolls would need matching dresses right? I have what 48 hours? Not like I need to sleep. LOL

So when we move, someone come find me ok? I will be hiding under my sewing machine LOL

:rotfl2: You have got to love that girl!:love:

I just saw you added me. Facebook still confuses me. Maybe if it confuses you we can be confused together? :confused3

Confused does not even cover it!LOL So yes, we can be confused together!

Getting. Very. Sleepy. I. Don't. Know. If. I'm. gonnnnnnnaa maaaake itttt.

I'm packed, but I may have to take the second bus in. See y'all in the morning.

I asked YCMT before, and they said I could substitute something in the bundle - just ask, you never know! I use the pants pattern as shorts, capri's pants, pj's, sometimes i put elastic in the cuff, sometimes i put on a ruffle - its really soooooo versatile!!!

I LOVE THESE!!!!!

I love the look of piping - how do you "stop and start" it on the outfit? do you need to do a special foot for the premade stuff? I just tried on this itty bitty dress, and it is okay - its a bit bulky where the piping was stopped and started cause the direction said to fold it over at each end - is this what you do?

I made the itty bitty dress for a new baby 2nd cousin to wear now, and then the Aline is a size 0 :rotfl: - i was thinking of doing easyfit pants to match it - what do you think? do they have a size 0 for them????? what kind of buttons would you use on the top?????
100_0989.jpg

These are so stinkin cute! 2 patterns I want to make in baby sizes too!
I just know everyone is gonna move after I go to bed and Ill have to post on the new thread on line page 10 tomorrow....sigh.....

I LOVE THESE!!!!!

100_0989.jpg

Those are the cutest little dresses ever!!!

Are we going to make the move tonight?:confused3 Has anyone seen Teresa? She has to be the one driving the moving van, none of the rest of us are licensed to drive it.:rotfl2:

Can some of you post some Alice in Wonderland customs please? I have just been informed of a Mad Hatter's Tea Party, so I need to make an outfit. I know I have seen some before, but I don't remember them!

Here are some pics of the Alice set that I did for the very 1st Big Give for Isabelle. I had to take pics of DD in it 1st of course. She still has not gotten her own because of how time consuming it was to make. I promised her she would have one for our next trip.

alice8.jpg

alice13.jpg

alice3.jpg

alice15.jpg

montage1.jpg

100_0989.jpg

Love the Itty Bitty!!
What you do at the seams where you start and stop is you grab the cording in the piping and pull some of it out(about as big as your seam allowance) and cut it off. Then let the cord go back into the fabric and you should have a piece of piping without the cording. It reduces bulk alot! Just try not to pull your cording out too far. Try to grab onto the piping somewhere further down from where you are cutting it so that you don't pull the cording completely out. Does that makes sense? i am bad at explaining things on the internet. Also if you kinda angle the piping where to edges of the piping will meet in the seam it will reduce bulk. If you angle it to where there is less seam allowance when attaching the piping I mean.. like I said hard to explain. lol
Also.. it is easier to work with smaller piping in my opinion. That is why I make my own.. that and fabric and color choices. I get the 1/8th inch cording I think. Idk for sure. I need to measure it! I just know it is tinier than the one at Hancock's. I get it for 10 cents a yard. ;)

Here are some pics of the Alice set that I did for the very 1st Big Give for Isabelle. I had to take pics of DD in it 1st of course. She still has not gotten her own because of how time consuming it was to make. I promised her she would have one for our next trip.

th_alice8.jpg

th_alice13.jpg

th_alice3.jpg

th_alice15.jpg

th_montage1.jpg
Thanks for posting!! Do you mind a CASE??? I LOVE IT! WOW! I can imagine all the work that went into that. I think I'd make the designs on my Embird and do it on the embroidery machine. 5 by 7 field might be too small for some of it though. I am in awe. :worship: sooo glad you posted!
How old is your DD in that picture? Is it a simply sweet? I just know alot of people around here will be shocked if I show that much of her skin in public. I think it is cute, but I got looks of shock and horror when I made a back wrap jumper. It hardly showed her back, but people kept telling me that she must be cold. It was 80 degrees outside so I think not! I might just go for it. Who cares what others think. I think its cute.

Keep em coming though! I can do a franken-CASE! :-D

I am uploading castle bed pics atm. There are alot, so beware!! I was trying to wait for the new thread. C'mon Teresa!!

you can totally case it. It is simply sweet. I have done them for customers with the other bodice with the straps so it could be worn year round. Roseanna was 5 in that picture. She is growing up too fast. I hope to get an embroidery machine one day. One of those Alice sets takes me about 24 hours of work to complete. UGGGGGG that is why she doesn't have her own yet.

Okay, machines and fabric all set for the move!!
***sits and waits for the bus***

alice8.jpg

alice13.jpg

alice3.jpg

alice15.jpg

montage1.jpg

This is soooo FANTASTIC!

Really cute capri set!! and those headbands are fantastic!
Eleora just spotted them and she loves them too!

Thank you so much!!!!

Ok, ok, guys!!! Goodness you are restless tonight!!!

I just got done hooking all our trailers together so we won't get lost! I had to hook up the lights and everything. That takes awhile, don't yah know?

Ok, if everyone is all packed in ready hop on into your trailers and I'll get in the mini van and pull us on over to the new thread!

Are we ready????

STOP POSTING HERE AND

Let's move on outta here!!!
Animation2vanroadcartoon.gif

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31249616#post31249616

Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV_2.gif
Small_RV.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter