Disboutiquers Part 10 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I'm new to this thread, but not the boards and I wanted to say that everyone's work is AMAZING! I'm so thankful right now that I don't have little girls because I think custom clothing could grow into an expensive hobby!
I don't really sew, but I am looking to make my sons some shirts for our September trip. I want to make something quick drying in case they get wet and I'd like something to keep them cool, maybe a simple tank top. So I guess I'm thinking something like a tank top type rash guard. What type of material would be best? Any other suggestions anyone?

I think anything cotton would dry quickly. My DGD wore this dress to Disneyland last summer and played in the water whenever she saw it and dried nicely when she was out of it!

nov9082.jpg

Okay, back to lurking! Great job on all the outfits! Prayers for those who need them.

Sue

Thanks for the info! Anyone know what the "proper" name of the fabric is so that I can do a search on :wizard: ? Thanks again!

I have a scrap. I'm not sure if all of the number is here because that is right at the cut edge. P11149 Disney for Springs Global US

I have almost completed the Noah MAW outfits. I did add the ruffles to the sleeves and figured out how to do it myself:banana: There is a pucker on the bottom of the Cinderella square. I have pressed it a few times and am extremely upset that it is not perfect. I don't know if I will send the shirt that matches the skirt.

th_MAWoutfitruffles.jpg

th_MAWshirtboysfront.jpg

I have asked the High School home ec teacher if I may use the embroidery machine to put Kailyn's name in cursive along the hem. If she says yes, then the outfit will be finished once I add it in.

I used Stich and Rip and it leave behind in the stitches. How do I get it out?
These look great April!! :thumbsup2 I would send the shirt. It looks really cute. I don't think anyone will notice if anything is wrong with it. I love the pirate shirt too. Very cool!!:cool2:

I haven't had time to do a Big Give in a while but I just signed up for this one.

Thank you!!!!

I am so excited! Remember that presser foot i told you I broke and was so upset well I just called brother and they said go to the dealer it is under warranty! So tomorrow I am headed there!!! they already put one aside for me!:cheer2:

YEAH!!!!
Ugg! I am so mad! I just got home from picking the kids up from school and was almost rear ended by a tractor-trailer! And to top it all off, it was becuase I stopped for the police man directing traffic and he YELLED AT ME! He had his hand up stopping traffic, I stopped, the truck almost hits me...I mean squeling tires, brakes locking up, sliding behind me the whole nine, and the officer walks up to my car window and yelled at me! I was in a school zone right down from my house that I drive thru EVERYDAY twice a day at least...I knew to drive slow, and then as I am pulling away, he is laughing with the truck driver!:headache: I am not happy! EEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I feel better now! Just had to get that out!:sad2:

WOW!! I'm so glad you are ok! That had to be scary! I can't figure out what the heck the officer would yell at YOU for though! :confused3 How madenning!

I have almost completed the Noah MAW outfits. I did add the ruffles to the sleeves and figured out how to do it myself:banana: There is a pucker on the bottom of the Cinderella square. I have pressed it a few times and am extremely upset that it is not perfect. I don't know if I will send the shirt that matches the skirt.

th_MAWruffles.jpg

MAWshirtboysfront.jpg

th_MAWshirtboys.jpg

I have asked the High School home ec teacher if I may use the embroidery machine to put Kailyn's name in cursive along the hem. If she says yes, then the outfit will be finished once I add it in.

Thanks April, these look great!
Don't feel bad- I bought a BOLT of the red dot. I have fabric issues lol.

Really!!??? The WHOLE BOLT!!?? I don't know ANYONE else that would do such a thing! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

But, I will tell you this, when Heather went to buy some at our Joanns the day after I had been there, the entire bolt had already been bought! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I just signed up for the Give...and Teresa...it's not the pencil roll ups!:scared1: This will the first clothing I have mad for anybody outside my family. :scared:
Thank you thank you!!

You know, I think that you guys that are scared to sew for anyone outside your family really don't have a clue how talented you are! I've seen your things, and they are GREAT! :thumbsup2

I think anything cotton would dry quickly. My DGD wore this dress to Disneyland last summer and played in the water whenever she saw it and dried nicely when she was out of it!

th_nov9082.jpg

Okay, back to lurking! Great job on all the outfits! Prayers for those who need them.

Sue

Sue, that is such a cute dress!

Lurking, Lurking , Lurking , love the outfits posted .. i have that same pirate material and i am thinking i may have to case that shirt it is awesome ..:worship:

Ugg! I am so mad! I just got home from picking the kids up from school and was almost rear ended by a tractor-trailer! And to top it all off, it was becuase I stopped for the police man directing traffic and he YELLED AT ME! He had his hand up stopping traffic, I stopped, the truck almost hits me...I mean squeling tires, brakes locking up, sliding behind me the whole nine, and the officer walks up to my car window and yelled at me! I was in a school zone right down from my house that I drive thru EVERYDAY twice a day at least...I knew to drive slow, and then as I am pulling away, he is laughing with the truck driver! I am not happy! EEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I feel better now! Just had to get that out!
Why would he yell at you??? Did he think you shouldn't have stopped, even though he was telling you to? That's nuts! :hug: for you, that must have been scary.

th_MAWoutfitruffles.jpg
th_MAWruffles.jpg
th_MAWshirtboysfront.jpg
th_MAWshirtboys.jpg

I LOVE these!!!!!! The skirt/shirt turned out beautifully! I don't see the error you're talking about, I think it looks great! The bowling shirt is wonderful, too!!

I don't know what Stitch and Rip is.

Oh my goodness, that is just horrible. Did you get the officers number and name? I hate the good Ol' boys club. Just take a few deep breaths and know that in a few days this will pass. Still what an A$$.
Yeah, stinkin' PIGS! :rotfl:

My husband is a reserve police officer (which means he does everything a regular police officer does, but he doesn't get paid for it), so that is to be taken tongue-in-cheek!

Your Dumbo looks great. How long did it take you to learn how to digitalize? How many things have you done? Did you buy one of the tutorials?
Thank you! No, I didn't buy a tutorial. I just played with it a lot and finally figured out how to use the little magic wand tool to select an area and then fill it in. I used the column tool for the black outline. I still can't figure out how to do a more complicated applique.

That is gorgeous!

today i took the kids to a party at build a bear right next door to a hot topic. hot topic you say . look what i got, not as fancy as the ones you can order online but it will do. especially for 17 bucks
th_DSC01655-1.jpg
[/IMG]
th_DSC01655-1.jpg
[/IMG]
She is so cute, and so is the pettiskirt!

Hi everyone! I've resurfaced from lurkdom because I've really missed some of you and was hoping to get reaquainted. I've loved looking at all of the outfits you've created. It's been so much fun and rewarding to see everybody share their interests and talents. My family just got back from a Christmas vacation to Disneyland, and I wanted to share some of the outfits I created for my sons and daughter for our trip.
th_100_0277.jpg
th_100_0363.jpg
th_100_0253-1.jpg
We missed you, too! Your kids are SO adorable!!! I love the shirts you made for the boys! Everything you made for your DD is fabulous!!!! I just love it all!! No worries about the pictures going into photobucket anymore. We now have a group photobucket account, so your pictures only go in there if you put them there.

And who here is tempted (like me) to go and buy a set of sheets from Pottery Barn Kids right now from the Dr. Seuss bedding set? I have seen the fabric that was printed but is now out of print on and always loved it but it is too expensive. Not that these sheets are that much cheaper but I am so tempted to buy a set and make outfits for my girls. If anyone else is going to do this I have a quick question.....do you think a crib sheet would be enough if you mixed it in with other fabrics? I have 3 girls and I always tend to overbuy but this is so expensive I hate the thought of buying too much (like there is such a thing!!!).
I haven't checked out the prices, but you don't get a top sheet or a pillowcase with the crib bedding. So, it would be a LOT less fabric than if you purchased a twin set. Then again, is it sold by the piece and not as a set? Anyway, the point I was making is that you could probably buy a bigger sheet and then sell your scraps for quite a bit! Teresa made Lydia a Marie dress using only 1/2 yard of Marie fabric. I tried to find it in the photobucket account, but didn't see anything under Marie or Aristocats. :confused3

Does anyone have a Singer Futura CE-150 ? There's one on our local craigslist, and I'm curious...
I don't have one, but I saw it on HSN and it looked fabulous!! It came with all sorts of digitizing software and extra feet and everything for $800!

Today is my niece's birthday and my sister called me and asked me if I could make Kelsey a cake that had something to do with Twilight on it. So I went looking for pictures of Bella and Edward that were drawn. This is the cake that I came up with.
th_1231625927.jpg

In person Edward doesn't look that odd. I couldn't get a good angle to take the picture.

My sister said that Kelsey was so excited when she saw the cake that she had tears in her eyes. Everybody at the party loved the cake.
That is an awesome cake!! GREAT job!

They also had a bambi print that looked like it was for a nursery. It had light yellow and blue diamonds, they had some star wars and other pooh prints.
You could spends days there looking and find new things!!
I LURV all the fabrics you bought! That place looks like shopping heaven!! I went to the website and signed up for their mailing list. I'll split the $100 shopping spree with you if I win! :rotfl2:

I am drawing a complete blank on the pocket dress though.

I sent you a PM! It will all become clear when you look at the etsy ad.

Does anyone's walmart still have the royal blue pooh print with the gang catching fireflies? Wendy was going to pick some up for me (thanks Wendy!!!)
But they were out...

The Big Give has motivated me to sew again. This is what I made to get started.
SDC10324-1.jpg

I had Drew model it for me when it was done because Madilynn was asleep. Of course when Madilynn saw that picture she would have none of that. The hat had HER name on it, she would be the model :)
SDC10326-1.jpg
SDC10373-1.jpg

And as a bonus here's a picture of Drew from Saturday wearing his Mickey Shirt from Nancy (aka Dreamer & Wisher) with the Mickey that greets us at Children's Hospital.
SDC10329-1.jpg

Ugg! I am so mad! I just got home from picking the kids up from school and was almost rear ended by a tractor-trailer! And to top it all off, it was becuase I stopped for the police man directing traffic and he YELLED AT ME! He had his hand up stopping traffic, I stopped, the truck almost hits me...I mean squeling tires, brakes locking up, sliding behind me the whole nine, and the officer walks up to my car window and yelled at me! I was in a school zone right down from my house that I drive thru EVERYDAY twice a day at least...I knew to drive slow, and then as I am pulling away, he is laughing with the truck driver!:headache: I am not happy! EEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I feel better now! Just had to get that out!:sad2:
Oh my how scary! I am so with you the good ol boys club UGH!

MAWoutfitruffles.jpg

MAWruffles.jpg

MAWshirtboysfront.jpg

MAWshirtboys.jpg

Fab job! Love the shirt! I might need to add a few ruffles to some shirts!!!!!!

nov9082.jpg

Sue
Very cute!

Ok opinions needed
Nik has her school concert on Feb 12th and since it is Lincoln's bday they are asking the kids to dress in a period clothing. If I did this of course she would have to be a southern belle after all she was born in GA! Or they can dress up in their nicest attire. I had originally planned on Nik wearing one of her Petti skirts. Now i am wondering if i should make her some civil war southern belle thing or just stick with the petti skirt?
Keep in mind last yr her teacher actually made an example out of Nik saying you don't have to dress up as dressy as Nik did to the concert. Because of course she had a dress for the concert for the students and a different dress for the concert at night!:lmao:

So which should I do?????

Im in for the BIG big give!! lol!!!

Maybe if we couldnt get one person to buy all the shirts in matching colors, what if everyone had one in their favorite color????? that would make for a really cute picture!!!!

Thanks for organizing these!
:goodvibes

Really!!??? The WHOLE BOLT!!?? I don't know ANYONE else that would do such a thing! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

But, I will tell you this, when Heather went to buy some at our Joanns the day after I had been there, the entire bolt had already been bought! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Ok, in defense of my dear Northern friends, I will admit.........

I have bought more than one bolt of the red dot fabric :guilty: .

But I swear I can quit anytime LOL

But it wasn't my fault. (Ok the first bolt WAS my fault). But The second one I did not mean to buy it all. The woman at the cutting table was so snarky I HAD to buy it all. And would you believe she still mentions it EVERY time I see her in the store?

In my defense, just today I was at Joann's (again), and dear sweet Morgan had a death grip on a bolt of Tinkerbell fleece. She looks up and me with that sweet little face and says "Mommy we can get it all right?" :lmao: Now HOW am I supposed to say no to that?:confused3

Signed,
"She who must own ALL the fabric"

Look how close to 250 we're getting again!!!

If anyone is bored and wants to help me with an internet search, I am looking for this fabric:
http://www.cottonboutique.com/cgi-i...account=cottonboutique&image=sbrose01prus.jpg

But in BLACK. It's haunting me...You guys know what it's like to be haunted by a fabric, right?

I saw it two months ago and went to get it today. The lady looked at me like I was crazy and said 'Oh, that's long gone!'

It's made by Seattle Bay and doesn't seem to have a name other than 'rose.'

So I have thrown all pretense out the window. I am admitting that I am planning my family's first trip to Disney World around Auntie's sewing schedule. :lmao:

Help me pick a month. I have it narrowed down to 3.

October:
She could make warm weather dresses like this but in a Halloween theme.
DSC02288.jpg

And there is also Mickeys not so scary Halloween Party where they could wear costumes. The youngest already has hers picked out for this year (blue Aurora.)

December:
She could make cute Christmas outfits and the weather might be cool enough for a costume.

DSC02419.jpg

January:
The weather would probably be cool enough for my favorite costumes....
DSC02359.jpg

Although, by next January they would have outgrown those two. While she might make another Marry I know for sure she will not be making that Belle dress ever again.

So what month??

Ok, I need some ideas. My DD4 is all day pre-k. She loves school and no problem getting her to go. The techer has talked to me, and said she is very bright but she thinks she needs to be center of attention. Also if one kid is at the teachers desk then she thinks she need to be there too. She also thinks she needs to worry about and tell other kids what to do. Any ideas on how I can get her to stay focused and not worry about everyone and everything else, She will be 5 in March!

While I'm at it, any ideas on how to pitty train a STUBBORN selective potty trainer? She was in panties for a month and decided she was going to wear pull ups instead. She knows what she is doing and some days she will do great and then other days she just says no, and comes tell you when she has done something in her pants. It's so frustrating!

DSC02359.jpg

Although, by next January they would have outgrown those two. While she might make another Marry I know for sure she will not be making that Belle dress ever again.

...only because she is sooooooooo tired of gold brocade. Maybe by next January she (and by "she" I mean "I") would be willing to do it again....and we could even find a gold brocade-y tablecloth on clearance left over from Christmas! :rotfl:

I think I once saw a storm trooper graphic on the board? I want to make one but can't remember who made it or if it ok to copy the design. Does anyone else remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter