Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully, as the Dis moves forward, Corey can implement a better system of checks and balances so no one person or group is in charge of the "big red button".
I've been told that individual mods decide on the censorship of the areas they control. For example, people are allowed to discuss tipping in some topic areas, like DCL (cruise vacations), but it is forbidden in other areas like Restaurants.

I got into a discussion about this with a restaurant mod, who told me that "the plebs" who post about restaurants cannot handle that topic. They essentially lose their minds (his words, not mine) whenever the subject comes up. So they need to be censored to keep their baser instincts in check.

However, folks who go on cruises are more refined in their tastes and online behavior. So they can be trusted to discuss tipping in a civilized manner free from censorship. No doubt, a certain well known individual that prefers cruising over the parks would agree with this LOL.

I've been told that individual mods decide on the censorship of the areas they control. For example, people are allowed to discuss tipping in some topic areas, like DCL (cruise vacations), but it is forbidden in other areas like Restaurants.

I got into a discussion about this with a restaurant mod, who told me that "the plebs" who post about restaurants cannot handle that topic. They essentially lose their minds (his words, not mine) whenever the subject comes up. So they need to be censored to keep their baser instincts in check.

However, folks who go on cruises are more refined in their tastes and online behavior. So they can be trusted to discuss tipping in a civilized manner free from censorship. No doubt, a certain well known individual that prefers cruising over the parks would agree with this LOL.
Seems to fit with the vibe around here and that money talks.

And DCL cruisers are especially refined - not like the riff raff that sails on other cruise lines :)

That person is right though. You ever see what happens to any message board when a tipping topic comes up?

That person is right though. You ever see what happens to any message board when a tipping topic comes up?
No doubt. It's a subject that people care about and have strong opinions. But that doesn't mean people should be entirely prevented from discussing it. If some posts cross the line, that can be handled on a case by case basis without shutting down all discussion of a topic that people sincerely want to discuss openly.

But that comment would make the person wrong. If things go bad when tipping comes up on “any message board” that would include the DCL board. However the mod. was arguing that the topic was okay to discuss there because people on that board were “better’ than others.

But that comment would make the person wrong. If things go bad when tipping comes up on “any message board” that would include the DCL board. However the mod. was arguing that the topic was okay to discuss there because people on that board were “better’ than others.
This

Is there any recap from the past couple days (including the Dis DL event)? Just got back from WDW and haven’t been following updates since Friday and there’s too many pages to read through.

Is there any recap from the past couple days (including the Dis DL event)? Just got back from WDW and haven’t been following updates since Friday and there’s too many pages to read through.
Basically, they had the event in California and continue to post content as if nothing has happened. Podcast was recorded - no mention of the allegations and not been posted yet. The DVC posted a show recently, too.

There was an incident last night where a moderator / webmaster said something shockingly anti-semitic and then tried to erase content to cover their tracks and Corey had to come in to say that moderation was one of the things being looked at in the future plans for the site.

Any site that allows you to post constructive criticism without fear of being banned or silenced is better. The iron grip to keep any discontent quiet is an online dictatorship. Majority of company’s actually listen to complaints and grow. Here if you aren’t a travel client you don’t matter
I think constructive is the key word here. i don’t think it means the same to some as it does to me- 🤷‍♀️ “serving a useful purpose”must mean “trying to make myself look really cool and smart while trying to make other posters appear stupid whenever I disagree with them”,to some I’ve read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter