DISappearing PEEPS Volume 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin...:hug: You and your hubbie seem to have a great attitude about this situation..albeit not ideal, i am sure positive things will come of it!

Hi all! So i was on track yesterday with pts. and curves..yay!..haha..i may not get a chance to work out today, but i will be good about pts anyway..so thats better than i was last week! ugh. i just hope i have a loss of at least 2 this week...just to see numbers that are CLOSER to what they were before my engagement binge weekend/week haha!

So i have a question for any of you that have had weddings, or will be having them in the near future ;) ..how many reception sites did you visit before you found the one that you chose? We are starting to make lists of places and i feel like i am going to be overwhelmed!

Robin...:hug: You and your hubbie seem to have a great attitude about this situation..albeit not ideal, i am sure positive things will come of it!

Hi all! So i was on track yesterday with pts. and curves..yay!..haha..i may not get a chance to work out today, but i will be good about pts anyway..so thats better than i was last week! ugh. i just hope i have a loss of at least 2 this week...just to see numbers that are CLOSER to what they were before my engagement binge weekend/week haha!

So i have a question for any of you that have had weddings, or will be having them in the near future ;) ..how many reception sites did you visit before you found the one that you chose? We are starting to make lists of places and i feel like i am going to be overwhelmed!

I looked at 5 places. One place i went back to 2 times and then decided it wasnt for me. The place i picked i walked in and just knew it was the right vibe i wanted. I think the hardest part for me was picking a florist. I am not a huge flower fan and they are so expensive.

my biggest piece of advice is remember that it is you and your fiance day. we have done EVERYTHING we have wanted to do and its been drama free. I think when you start considering everyone else feelings & what they want things get more complicated.

Lauren, I tried to view your pics and snapfish is down... I will look later.

I looked at about 5 reception sites too but my choice was an easy one... the "right" place made itself apparent quickly.

Okay, I got hit in the ankle w/ a puck yesterday at hockey. Ow. I am hoping to get my workout in anyhow today... it is bruise-y hurt, not really muscle hurt, so I think I should be okay on the arc trainer.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I visited about 5 and the right one jumped out to me right away. I remember we then still had 3 more to go to but I kept comparing them all to the one we liked so it was easy to choose in the end. I think the right place will just sort of stand out to you. I loved planning my wedding though, maybe I am a freak, it didnt stress me out at all.

I only visited one place before the one I chose, I took one look at it and thought 'Not on your life' - it was awful! Then we went to the 2nd one (the one we ended up booking and knew immediately it was for us!

my biggest piece of advice is remember that it is you and your fiance day. we have done EVERYTHING we have wanted to do and its been drama free. I think when you start considering everyone else feelings & what they want things get more complicated.

I 100% agree with this. We made the mistake when we first got engaged of giving family 'too much' of a say. It was getting silly so we ended up saying Its our day, so we will do it our way. So far its been drama free and we've done everything exactly how we want it. Theres still time for the drama - only 9 weeks on Friday to go!!

Robin - :hug: Hope you're feeling a little better today.

Mony - How are you? How is your DH doing? :hug:

Hope everyone is having a great day :)

Good afternoon Peeps!

I have been trying so hard this week so far to get back on track. I had been hitting a disgusting amount of drive thrus for my lunch most of the past 2 weeks and I did not want to do that anymore. Also my clothes are getting tighter and I hate myself for doing this to myself. Anyway, I've been trying to be good yesterday and today. No take out, no "special treats" from the grocery store. Just whatever is in the house. Like right now, I wanted a little snack even though I don't really think I'm hungry and I'll be eating dinner in a little over an hour, so instead of snacking on something not so great, I put a few grapes in a bowl. Good choice right? But still it is so hard to get myself out of the habit of eating all the time. How am I supposed to get myself back into a healthy routine?

In other news I am getting sorely discouraged in the job hunt. I have posted resumes on a lot of places and faxed resumes to some schools. And a decent number of companies have called me and told me how great their company is and how wonderful they treat their therapists only to then tell me that they don't have anything available in Florida or no CFY opportunities (to be certified, the first 9 months are considered probationary and called a CFY). And today no one called me. I know that I will get something eventually and it has only been since Friday when I started seriously looking and posting resumes, etc. But it is frustrating. All a part of life I suppose. Hopefully I will hear some good news tomorrow. I do have a sort of phone interview on Thursday with a woman who runs an amazing sounding clinic in Lakeland (about an hour from Disney). Cross your fingers.

Actually, my mom has done catering in the past, and does wedding cakes, so I was familiar with most of the area's reception sites. However, since we had a close family friend who did the catering for a particular site, we got the place for free!!! So while it might not have been my first choice, there really wasn't a choice to be made - free was it for us. And it was nice. We loved it! :)

In other news I am getting sorely discouraged in the job hunt. I have posted resumes on a lot of places and faxed resumes to some schools. And a decent number of companies have called me and told me how great their company is and how wonderful they treat their therapists only to then tell me that they don't have anything available in Florida or no CFY opportunities (to be certified, the first 9 months are considered probationary and called a CFY). And today no one called me. I know that I will get something eventually and it has only been since Friday when I started seriously looking and posting resumes, etc. But it is frustrating. All a part of life I suppose. Hopefully I will hear some good news tomorrow. I do have a sort of phone interview on Thursday with a woman who runs an amazing sounding clinic in Lakeland (about an hour from Disney). Cross your fingers.

Hey! I have a couple of friends who live in Lakeland, and we drove through there once because we were checking out for a possible future move. It's a nice-looking town! :thumbsup2

Hanging in there. Told one of my close friends today and didnt cry quite as much. Still havent told my mom/dad and the inlaws. Debating on when I should and even if I should. My friend said to have DD tell them. She wants to be a grown up so let her be grown up. Gosh, that sounded bitter didnt it? I really dont want to get bitter. It is just like an emotional roller coaster right now.

For the wedding searching peeps.... we had a very small wedding in the late 80's when interest rates were 26% and the housing market was kaput - my dad builds custom cabinets and when there were no new houses to need new cabinets there was no work so my small wedding reception was at the church. Hope you guys have a more fun after your wedding than I did. I left the church, tried to get something to eat, had bad stomach cramps, thought it was just nerves but then I started peeing blood and ended up in the ER on my honeymoon night. My DH and I were talking about this last night. I remember waking up and thinking OMG! what have I done???? I gotta go home and where is my MAMA! I was 20 when we married and thought I was so grown up and so wise.... then reality hit and I knew that I didnt want to be a grown up after all... but we survived and have been married for 22 years.

Shannon...

Hang in there. You will find something. You just gotta get your name out there enough.

Hanging in there. Told one of my close friends today and didnt cry quite as much. Still havent told my mom/dad and the inlaws. Debating on when I should and even if I should. My friend said to have DD tell them. She wants to be a grown up so let her be grown up. Gosh, that sounded bitter didnt it? I really dont want to get bitter. It is just like an emotional roller coaster right now.

For the wedding searching peeps.... we had a very small wedding in the late 80's when interest rates were 26% and the housing market was kaput - my dad builds custom cabinets and when there were no new houses to need new cabinets there was no work so my small wedding reception was at the church. Hope you guys have a more fun after your wedding than I did. I left the church, tried to get something to eat, had bad stomach cramps, thought it was just nerves but then I started peeing blood and ended up in the ER on my honeymoon night. My DH and I were talking about this last night. I remember waking up and thinking OMG! what have I done???? I gotta go home and where is my MAMA! I was 20 when we married and thought I was so grown up and so wise.... then reality hit and I knew that I didnt want to be a grown up after all... but we survived and have been married for 22 years.
OH MY! that is an awful after wedding story :(...that is so scary!! I also can't imagine being 20 years old and being married..more power to you!

Thanks so much everyone that answered my wedding reception question...its good to know alot of you did look at at least 4ish places before finding the "one"...we should be starting our search soon...that is the only part i am worried about, because although i am not super religious i really want a church ceremony first THEN the reception..i don't think i want to miss out on the whole walking down the long aisle thing...i've done it enough for my friends as a bridesmaid, i would love to do it as a bride ;)

Shannon....best wishes on finding something..i am sure its right around the corner!

Robin...A little over 2 and a half years ago, my 20 yo dd told me the same thing. I cried and barely slept for weeks. I made her tell the grandparents. I wasn't taking that on. Luckily, we liked the bf/fiance and they were married 3 mos after my grandson was born. Would I have chosen this for her? Not at all. But I wouldn't give up my grandson for anything! My small amount of advice is just be there for her. Support her and keep letting her know you love her. At this point you can't change it, so embrace it. In 7 mos, you'll have a wonderful grandbaby who will capture your heart! :hug:

MyBoy.jpg

Hey, still hanging in there. I keep this in the back of my head.

Just been so crazy over here.

It was in studio rehersal week and meetings for my daughter's first recital.

Next week DH has his surgery, the 23rd.

AND it's Mal's recital week.

I'm averaging 10 kids a day to watch, so I haven't had much me time.

Hope you all are doing well and I might be able to catch up later this evening.

Gina - I would go to some of the "hot spots" for receptions and go from there. I probably only looked at 3 but when I was looking at the other two I kept telling my mother "mom I like the other one", we only went to the other two because of my MIL because she was help paying for the wedding so we felt that she should look with us too but in the end I had final say. You'll know when you see it. As for flowers, my cousin's in-laws own a flower shop so that was settled and my cousin worked there so she did some of my bouquots (?spelling) and her FIL did the flowers for the church.

Okay, I got hit in the ankle w/ a puck yesterday at hockey. Ow. I am hoping to get my workout in anyhow today... it is bruise-y hurt, not really muscle hurt, so I think I should be okay on the arc trainer.

Hope everyone has a great day!

ouch how's your ankle?

Good afternoon Peeps!

I have been trying so hard this week so far to get back on track. I had been hitting a disgusting amount of drive thrus for my lunch most of the past 2 weeks and I did not want to do that anymore. Also my clothes are getting tighter and I hate myself for doing this to myself. Anyway, I've been trying to be good yesterday and today. No take out, no "special treats" from the grocery store. Just whatever is in the house. Like right now, I wanted a little snack even though I don't really think I'm hungry and I'll be eating dinner in a little over an hour, so instead of snacking on something not so great, I put a few grapes in a bowl. Good choice right? But still it is so hard to get myself out of the habit of eating all the time. How am I supposed to get myself back into a healthy routine?

First, I find chewing gum helps me not wanting to eat all the time. Give it a try because I think it helped me a lot. Second, fingers are crossed about the job, you'll find something.

I think that's a great idea that she tell her grandparents. Hang in there kiddo, we're here for you.:hug:

He is such a cutie pie, what's his name?

Hey, still hanging in there. I keep this in the back of my head.

Just been so crazy over here.

It was in studio rehersal week and meetings for my daughter's first recital.

Next week DH has his surgery, the 23rd.

AND it's Mal's recital week.

I'm averaging 10 kids a day to watch, so I haven't had much me time.

Hope you all are doing well and I might be able to catch up later this evening.

Hi Monica, thinking about you always:hug:

Disneyobsession..your grandson is adorable!

Wonders: I know its so easy to get off track, trust me this weekend I went off the deep end. It was by far the worse eating weekend I have had in awhile. I know it's hard to resist temptations and drive thrus but when I have those kind of moments I try to tell myself it's not worth it. Yes a cheeseburger and fries tastes awesome but for me when I eat fast food or so call "bad foods" I tend to go into a full fledge binge I am working on that behavior and for the most part I am succeeding! i keep telling myself being healthy is a life long/lifestyle change one meal wont kill me but a whole weekend of eating bad will or at least put on some lbs there are going to be times when everyone is not going to make the best choices, we are human afterall, if you tell yourself you are going to swear off bad foods, or certain foods (carbs, fats, sugars, sweets, etc, etc) for the rest of your life you will fail! I think what I am learning is that hey we all can have bad eating episodes the key is to shake them off right away and make sure your next meal is healthy, the next day you work out etc and to be "consistent" consistent with working out, consistent with eating right and if you slip up here and there its ok!

I guess the best way to get back on track for me is to think about life two ways: one way is to think about how i feel when i eat bad and lead an unhealthy lifestyle: I feel gross, I don't want to socialize with people, I hate to shop except for shoes/accessories, I want to sit in and wear sweats, I want to sleep late, my skin looks unhealthy, I feel bloated, and I dont feel good about myself.

when i eat right and exercise: I have more energy, look forward to going out with friends and family, love to shop and find sizes that fit me, I actually look forward to eating out at a nice dinner because I feel in control of my choices, my skin and hair look great, and I feel great about myself

Ok PEEPS I am having the worst week ever and I so want to go and drown myself in ice cream right now.
It all started Monday which was payday for me. I had changed accounts at my bank and the week prior to changing I called payroll and asked what I needed to do to change accounts for my direct deposit. Well the women I spoke with told me what to do and said that she would be on vacation the following week and to bring all my new info in on Monday and the person covering her would enter my new information. I did what she told me and personally handed my info to the woman covering her. Well long story short she NEVER entered my new account info and in the mean time I closed out my old acccount and was expecting to get a live check in the mail until all my new info was confirmed ect... Well I get my check in the mail on Saturday only to open it to find that it is a direct deposit slip!!! :scared1: I call payroll on Monday and find out that this women never entered my new account info and that my employer will not issue me a new check until this money comes back! It has been 3 days now and I am freaking out! In the mean time I have bills I need to pay and I will be going on vacation soon! The supervisor in payroll said that it usally takes 3-5 business days to have the money return. But my big concern is that when talking to my bank they never even received my paycheck for them to send it back. So where is my money??? I am so worried. What if my employer never receives my money back to them? Is there something legally I can do? Please help you guys. I am about ready to cry here. Thanks for letting me rant.

Wonders: I know its so easy to get off track, trust me this weekend I went off the deep end. It was by far the worse eating weekend I have had in awhile. I know it's hard to resist temptations and drive thrus but when I have those kind of moments I try to tell myself it's not worth it. Yes a cheeseburger and fries tastes awesome but for me when I eat fast food or so call "bad foods" I tend to go into a full fledge binge I am working on that behavior and for the most part I am succeeding! i keep telling myself being healthy is a life long/lifestyle change one meal wont kill me but a whole weekend of eating bad will or at least put on some lbs there are going to be times when everyone is not going to make the best choices, we are human afterall, if you tell yourself you are going to swear off bad foods, or certain foods (carbs, fats, sugars, sweets, etc, etc) for the rest of your life you will fail! I think what I am learning is that hey we all can have bad eating episodes the key is to shake them off right away and make sure your next meal is healthy, the next day you work out etc and to be "consistent" consistent with working out, consistent with eating right and if you slip up here and there its ok!

I guess the best way to get back on track for me is to think about life two ways: one way is to think about how i feel when i eat bad and lead an unhealthy lifestyle: I feel gross, I don't want to socialize with people, I hate to shop except for shoes/accessories, I want to sit in and wear sweats, I want to sleep late, my skin looks unhealthy, I feel bloated, and I dont feel good about myself.

when i eat right and exercise: I have more energy, look forward to going out with friends and family, love to shop and find sizes that fit me, I actually look forward to eating out at a nice dinner because I feel in control of my choices, my skin and hair look great, and I feel great about myself

Wow...that's great advice. Now I just need to follow it. I think sometimes I know what I should be doing (food wise) even as I'm eating something I really shouldn't be. It's just that I often lack the motivation and dedication to stick to it. Eventually it will click...I know it will. Thanks again for your thoughts.

On the job front, another company called me today and have 5 positions available in Florida that I'm interested in. She is sending my resume, etc to them. And I have an interview (that I may actual cancel) for a "long term care facility" (nursing home) next Wednesday in Palm Bay. It is about 2 and a half hours from my house so I might stay overnight? Not sure yet. The reason I might cancel it is I just have a not so great feeling about the facility and the company. Call it intuition. But I'm giving myself a day to sit on it before I decide. Heck they didn't even tell me what time the interview would be at. Wish my continued luck. I have all these people "finding the right job position for me in their wonderful company" and have yet to hear a darn thing back from most of them...especially the ones I'm most interested in.

Helloo Peeps!

So. This lady I am babysitting for today has lost 40 pounds since March. I have lost 21 pounds since April...all IN that month and am stalled out. She and all her friends and family are doing that Kevin Trudeau's plan but not with the daily shots. They now have a suppliment that is the same as the shots. HUH? Anyone know what's up with this :confused3

Am I ALWAYS looking for magic or what? :stir:

Ok PEEPS I am having the worst week ever and I so want to go and drown myself in ice cream right now.
It all started Monday which was payday for me. I had changed accounts at my bank and the week prior to changing I called payroll and asked what I needed to do to change accounts for my direct deposit. Well the women I spoke with told me what to do and said that she would be on vacation the following week and to bring all my new info in on Monday and the person covering her would enter my new information. I did what she told me and personally handed my info to the woman covering her. Well long story short she NEVER entered my new account info and in the mean time I closed out my old acccount and was expecting to get a live check in the mail until all my new info was confirmed ect... Well I get my check in the mail on Saturday only to open it to find that it is a direct deposit slip!!! :scared1: I call payroll on Monday and find out that this women never entered my new account info and that my employer will not issue me a new check until this money comes back! It has been 3 days now and I am freaking out! In the mean time I have bills I need to pay and I will be going on vacation soon! The supervisor in payroll said that it usally takes 3-5 business days to have the money return. But my big concern is that when talking to my bank they never even received my paycheck for them to send it back. So where is my money??? I am so worried. What if my employer never receives my money back to them? Is there something legally I can do? Please help you guys. I am about ready to cry here. Thanks for letting me rant.
:worried: OH NO!!!! That is not good! I hate when money stuffs go awry...it gives you such a sinking feeling. I really don't have any advise myself, but i do hope everything turns out ok and you get your hard earned money soon!!!!

Helloo Peeps!

hahahhah! The only magic I believe in is DISNEY MAGIC :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Helloo Peeps!

So. This lady I am babysitting for today has lost 40 pounds since March. I have lost 21 pounds since April...all IN that month and am stalled out. She and all her friends and family are doing that Kevin Trudeau's plan but not with the daily shots. They now have a suppliment that is the same as the shots. HUH? Anyone know what's up with this :confused3

Sorry, what is Keven Trudeau's plan? A diet plan that involves daily shots? I'd rather be fat :rotfl:

I have to agree... no shots, thanks.

I unfortunately find that the only thing that works for me is tracking every frakkin bite that goes near my mouth, and keeping my calories at or below 1200. Exercise doesn't hurt, of course, but the tracking seems to be the key for me. Maybe it is what keeps me honest. I think the exercise just helps keep me from falling off, cuz gosh darn it if I am going to KILL myself at the gym at lunch just to come home and reverse it all! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter