DISappearing PEEPS Volume 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparkie (Robin)... oh no. Sending many, many :hug: your way.

I am also part of a DINK. And I plan on remaining that way. :thumbsup2

Punkin Had a crisis this weekend and did not mail $ to your sister but I will mail tomorrow. Crisis info below.

To all those peeps who may remember my saga of the 22 year old boyfriend prospect of my 16 year old daughter..... well.... I got blasted this weekend that my daughter is pregnant. Although she wont admit it, I think she did it on purpose to prove a point to her mama. She once told me that she would have her way and that she was going to date him. Then we had the crying episode when the boyfriend didnt want to talk to her anymore and some how we have ended up here. I am heartborken. I feel like I have failed as a mother and that this power struggle that I have been having with my teenager and its current results are my fault; although, I dont know how I would have handled anything differently. My husband keeps telling me "Sometimes things happen that we do not chose and we learn to embrace them". So as I prepare to welcome a new life into my family, I ask for your guidance and your prayers.

On the plus side.... I'm down 3 pounds... although the stressed beyond belief and losing my freaking mind diet is not one that I would recommend.

Much love to my imaginary support group
Sparkie AKA: Robin

Robin, :hug: As hard has it is, I like your husband's advice. Things happen for a reason. And you are not a failure as a mother because your DD has become pregnant. I'll be thinking of you and your family. :hug:

To all those peeps who may remember my saga of the 22 year old boyfriend prospect of my 16 year old daughter..... well.... I got blasted this weekend that my daughter is pregnant. Although she wont admit it, I think she did it on purpose to prove a point to her mama. She once told me that she would have her way and that she was going to date him. Then we had the crying episode when the boyfriend didnt want to talk to her anymore and some how we have ended up here. I am heartborken. I feel like I have failed as a mother and that this power struggle that I have been having with my teenager and its current results are my fault; although, I dont know how I would have handled anything differently. My husband keeps telling me "Sometimes things happen that we do not chose and we learn to embrace them". So as I prepare to welcome a new life into my family, I ask for your guidance and your prayers.
I'll just say one thing here - DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF!!! There is absolutely nothing you could have done about that, outside of locking her in her room until she was 21. Now I'm not a parent, so I can't speak from experience here. And I give all parents a ton of credit for dealing with teenagers. But seriously, there is only so far you can go to protect your children. Eventually they are going to do whatever they want; and no matter how well you have raised them that rebellious spirit will still be there. Your daughter is at the age now where she thinks she knows better than her parents, even though she only has 1/100 of the wisdom and 1/100 of the life experiences that you do. My parents were/are wonderful parents, but my older brother has dealt with some pretty big issues of his own. That's not because they failed in raising him; that's just who he decided to be. But thankfully he finally grew up and has come out of it a better person; in fact, he's actually a fairly successful businessman now, much to the surprise of just about all of us. So hang in there, because I'm sure your daughter is going to need a ton of support from you.

Punkin Had a crisis this weekend and did not mail $ to your sister but I will mail tomorrow. Crisis info below.

On the plus side.... I'm down 3 pounds... although the stressed beyond belief and losing my freaking mind diet is not one that I would recommend.

:hug: :hug:
When I was in school a friend of ours got pregnant and had her baby at 15. Of course she and her parents were devastated and they thought it was the end of the world - fast forward 11 years, she has a beautiful daughter, she went back to university with her parents (eventual) support and she now has a job in marketing (i think!).
I like your husbands advice, things do happen for a reason and although you may not see it now it will become clear. I will certainly keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, and will always lend an ear! :hug:

ETA: I missed the most important part - There is NO WAY you can blame yourself for this, and you definately haven't failed as a mother, like Aaron said aside from locking her in her room theres nothing you could have done (I remember myself at 16 - theres ways around everything!)

Fur-babies count, Aaron!

By the way, a part of me is insanely jealous of your DINK-ness.

If I could JUST be a DINK for one day, I'd nap! :cloud9: (The 19 year quest for the uninterrupted nap) *sigh*

I'd go to the bathroom, unnterrupted...that would be a dream come true for me!:thumbsup2

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh RObin what a rough weekend. You definitely have my prayers and support. I'm impressed with your husband...he sounds like a very wise man. I'm sure this is going to be vey tough going, but please remember that it is always a beautiful thing when a new baby graces our lives. Hang in there. YOu can PM me any time you just need to get things off your chest.

i am slow..what is DINK? i think i get the NK=no kids part..but i am lost on the DI...

Don't worry I didn't know what that was either

Robin - Remember one thing - IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT. Everyone else said everything tht I would have so I'm not going to repeat everything. Does the boyfriend know? Do you think that's why he left her or was that for show? I would tell her she can't live with him, keep her home. She needs her family.

:hug: Love from your "real" support group

Laura

I'd go to the bathroom, unnterrupted...that would be a dream come true for me!:thumbsup2

Oh and with the door closed:yay:

Fur-babies count, Aaron!

By the way, a part of me is insanely jealous of your DINK-ness.

If I could JUST be a DINK for one day, I'd nap! :cloud9: (The 19 year quest for the uninterrupted nap) *sigh*

i was just telling ray yesterday that our days of having completely free weekends will be over if we get pregnant. he's been talking lately about becoming a daddy, but it'll be awhile anywhere before anything happens b/c i have to get my own judge first for financial reasons. anyway, this reminds me that we should enjoy our freedom while we have it!

robin - no worries about the money. please just concentrate on your family right now. i know i shouldn't mention this, but if you guys don't go to WDW just let me know. i can't remember the details of your trip plans, but if they change because of this news, it's not a big deal - she hasn't orded the CD yet anyway.

and please don't blame yourself. this is something that you couldn't have prevented short of locking her up for the next few years. when i was her age i did what i wanted and my mom was never the wiser. i know it's hard to see it this way right now, but some day you'll look back at this and smile and realize what a blessing it will become. i have friends who got pregnant in high school and while it was an extremely tough road, they have awesome kids now and everything worked out for them. just make sure she stays in school. that's the only advice i have. :hug: :hug: :hug:

To all those peeps who may remember my saga of the 22 year old boyfriend prospect of my 16 year old daughter..... well.... I got blasted this weekend that my daughter is pregnant.

Much love back, Robin. Your husband is right about everything for a reason. I really feel that there are no unplanned pregnancies; not our plan maybe, but part of the Big Plan. You have a big job ahead, keeping your daughter in school, giving her support and shelter, access to good nutrition and health care, and especially, not wringing her neck! You have my prayers and best wishes. There are so many ways our kids can break our hearts, but we just have to hang in there and know we did the best we could, continue to love them unconditionally and support and encourage them, and pray that they, like so many others (many of us included) will turn out fine and lead healthy, productive lives. My heart really goes out to you.:love:

I agree with Punkin, just makes sure she gets through school. I have a friend that had a baby when she was in her sophmore year, and with the support and help she recieved from her parents she was able to graduate on time.

Sparkie - :hug: and prayers headed your way! Your hubby is wise. Everything happens for a reason. I know this must be difficult, but know that your Peeps are here for you. And as everyone has said, this is NOT your fault!

Everyone else - HI! :) I have to get to working on pictures so I can get done with them. I was just checkin' in.

Thanks for all the hugs. I am surviving. The boyfriend is in the picture- at least at the moment. We took a big breath and invited him to dinner tonight. He and my DH had a chat while they stood at the grill on the back deck with my 2 dogs, one of which is very large remember, anyway... "the dad", hot coals on the grill and one big dog.... and alot of "yes, sirs" were in the conversation...:lmao: Trying to laugh a little... it makes me feel better. We are just taking this one step at a time and time will tell if he is in it for the long haul.

I just love all the wisdom from my peeps. You guys keep me grounded.

Finishing school is one of the things that my DH and I stressed that was very important. She must finish high school, which is a little eaiser since we are home schooling anyway. She already has 26 credits and only needs 24 to graduate from home school, public school requires 32- dont ask me why such a difference- but any way she has enough credits but has to take 12th grade English and Gov/Economics so if she will work hard we could be finished by December. Hopefully after that we can concentrate on college sometime next fall.

Punkin: The Disney trip is still on. I know this may seem trivial but her national dance competition is the reason for the Disney trip. She is only about 6-8 weeks so she should be ok over the next few weeks to finish and I asked her and she said she wanted to finish.

But... I dont know if I will take her on another Disney trip...:rotfl: you guys remember last summer I let her take her then boyfriend and she broke up with him mid trip and I sent him home and now this year she hits me with this... So I dont know :bitelip: Just kidding!

Thanks so much for the hugs they really mean more than you will ever know. Got a busy 2 weeks ahead so if I dont check in -know that i'm not gone forever.

Originally Posted by UtahMama
Diet is going FABULOUSLY...to keep on topic. Oh, except the smidge of a piece of birthday cake (my worst nemesis) at Spongie's youngest's 3rd b-day party yesterday. It was from COSTCO, people! What am I? Wonderwoman? Who could resist a peice of Costco cake? I wonder if they sell the chocolate mousse filling stuff by the vat?
Oh dear....Costco cake is so good, I dont blame you! If you had passed that up I would have be sooo impressed!! I cannot resist that mousse filling. (and FYI, they do sell it and the butterrcream icing in a tub at the bakery counter if you ask them;) )

Punkin: The Disney trip is still on. I know this may seem trivial but her national dance competition is the reason for the Disney trip. She is only about 6-8 weeks so she should be ok over the next few weeks to finish and I asked her and she said she wanted to finish.

Oh my, :hug: Robin! Is it bad that the first thing I thought about was the dance competition :rotfl: Things happen for a reason if my motto. And Aaron was right on the money. I know this was not what you guys had planned but in NO WAY is this your fault. All you can do is support her and help her make smart choices from this point out as far as her new family is concerned. She is going to need you a whole lot more than she thinks she will right now!

robin - your last post made me think of another point. a lot of times in situations like this the parents (you and your DH) will naturally be very judgmental of the daddy-to-be and this eventually rubs off on the mommy-to-be, therefore making her relationship with him strained, leading to even more legal/custody/child support problems down the road. i see it all the time in court. i would just encourage you guys to make her understand that no matter what happens between the two of them, he's still the father of the baby and if he wants to be involved and as long as he's not a bad influence on the child, she should respect that and never badmouth him in front of the baby and try to be as civil as possible. i just see it all the time where it turns into a big ugly mess. hopefully they will be able to work everything out and, if not be together, then at least be civil to each other and support each other as parents. i'm sure you know all this - just thought i'd mention it!

I was having a really tough day yesterday and was going to come and tell you all this morning! Then I read this and all my problems have suddenly become trivial.
I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. But you are in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully someday you will see why this has happened in your life. God does have a plan you just may not see it yet. Many hugs are sent your way! :hug:

Morning Peeps! Now I know why I was eating like total garbage this weekend! I woke up and Aunt Flo was in the house! :laughing: Now everything makes sense she came and visited a little earlier than usual.

Yesterday I was super strict. I did Jillian Michael's shape up front + 10 minute cardio for Cardio Max + 20 minutes of abs to do a complete hour of working out for my sins this past weekend. I drank alot of water and kept my points to 19..I am suppose to only have 18!

Feel so much better today! thank god! Going to work out an hour everyday until sat! and maybe I can un do the damage done!...I have the time for it I am off from work and from school so there really are no excuses!

Morning Peeps! Now I know why I was eating like total garbage this weekend! I woke up and Aunt Flo was in the house! Now everything makes sense she came and visited a little earlier than usual.

Are we related?? Because Aunt Flo visited me last week :rotfl: :rotfl2:
And I still managed to loose 2.5 lbs. You can do it! Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter