• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISappearing Peeps...Vol. 3! All are Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary- Welcome to the hood! You'll fit in fabulously!

Monica- Malory is steenkin' cute!

Lynda- holy smokes! Those photos are breathtaking! You are seriously talented!

Dance- UGH! On the sales lady's comment! :hug: She was just plain rude!

Are lurkers allowed to join?? I've heard so many great things about this group, and have read along previously. I am currently on Medifast, which I realize may be controversial and most people around here are on WW. But I'd still love to join in!! I've lost about 25 pounds in just a little over a month, and would love to be a part of this group and cheer along w/you!!

WELCOME!!!

Medifast, you say? Hmm. 25 lbs in 5 weeks, that is impressive!

I think our mantra here is support, no matter what... there are WW, calorie counterts, Atkins, south beach, JC&NutriSystem (off and on), and even gastric bypass (celery where are you??) around here.

Lynda, loved the pics. Can he come do mine??

Shannon, hope that you feel better soon.

Monica, :hug:

Off to the gym!!

Shannon - Hope you start to feel better soon, glad you're going to the doctor. Let us know what happens

Lynda - Awesome pictures of the gardens. Is that a Pluto in your garden? i love it. The zoo pictures are awesome

Hillary Welcome aboard. Oh know now there is another thread I gotta subscribe too :faint: Can't wait to read it. 25 lb in 5 weeks :thumbsup2

Monica If I don't say so myself Malorie is the best ballerina on the stage :goodvibes I want to get an exercise ball, do you like yours, do you follow a video, which one do you recommend? Ok that's enough questions for now

Ok peeps I need to vent - You know how everyone is getting a stimulus check well I'm not why you ask because we still owed more money on our taxes and they just took that check and applied it to what we owed. I know that makes sense but I was looking forward into taking that check and putting it in a CD and use it for Disney next year. But DH said we'll just take the money that we were going to pay for taxes and put it in our WDW fund. Anyway I am also watching my two nephews (ages 8 and 4) and a niece (almost 7) before summer camp starts and alread the kids are fighting and it's day 1:headache: So far three kids have been in time out for hitting, not sharing :faint: and it's not even lunch time yet. I can't go to WW today and weigh in which I'm upset about but I might try and go tonight, there is a meeting at 5:30 we'll shall see how tired I am at 5 to go. Definately go next week though.

Laura

Ok peeps I need to vent - You know how everyone is getting a stimulus check well I'm not why you ask because we still owed more money on our taxes and they just took that check and applied it to what we owed. I know that makes sense but I was looking forward into taking that check and putting it in a CD and use it for Disney next year. But DH said we'll just take the money that we were going to pay for taxes and put it in our WDW fund. Anyway I am also watching my two nephews (ages 8 and 4) and a niece (almost 7) before summer camp starts and alread the kids are fighting and it's day 1:headache: So far three kids have been in time out for hitting, not sharing :faint: and it's not even lunch time yet. I can't go to WW today and weigh in which I'm upset about but I might try and go tonight, there is a meeting at 5:30 we'll shall see how tired I am at 5 to go. Definately go next week though.

Laura

Our check was spent on bills :rolleyes1 (mostly)

I hear ya on the kid fighting! :faint:

I have today including my own kids: one 9 mo. old baby, 2 3-year olds, an 8 yr. old boy, and 10 yr. old boy ...and 19 yr.old boy who riles them all up!

I'm already ready fro Calgon to take me away!

Thanks for the welcomes ladies!!!

And Monica thats cool that you remember me! I DID make the ornaments...well, copied another poster on here but yes that was me.

I'm so excited to join in here!! It's so much easier to keep pushing through when it gets hard when you have great support. The Medifast discussion boards are great, but I just haven't found a group that I really like.

And since someone asked, Medifast is a prepackaged diet, I guess is the best way to describe it. Its called 5 and 1, basically you get 5 Medifast meals a day, which you can choose from shakes, oatmeal, soups, bars, etc. And then one Lean and Green meal, obviously green veggies and a lean protein. You eat every 2-3 hours so its really easy. I've been on it 5 weeks today, and am at 25 pounds lost. That's one reason I was attracted to it, I have a good bit of weight I want to lose and it's fast. I only wish I had done this before my wedding, but it would have been far too stressful! And the diet has been researched and medically studied so I know it's very safe, thats the one thing that people have misconceptions about.

Anyway,I'm excited about getting to know everyone here better as well!

AWESOME!!!!! Here's one of these: :banana:

I like to be able to eat ever 2-3 hours too. That really helps not feeling hungry!!!

MY biggest battle is the so called "head-hunger" like eating when I'm bored or stressed. I am doing MUCH better these days by allowing such snacks. Especially at night...extreme bedtime munchies while playing Scrabble!

That diet has come a LOOOONG way! It used to be very very limited by just shakes (I think) when Oprah did it.

Really super duper proud of you, NEW GIRL! :hug:

You ladies are so sweet!! And yes Medifast HAS come a long way...that is actually one thing I here alot, "Isn't that what Oprah did a long time ago? And didn't she gain even more back??" Yes actually, but it was almost a diff diet back then, and now they have a transition and maintenance phase you go through for awhile to get back into eating regular foods again. One thing I'm learning a ton about is portion control, and how much easier eating 5 small meals a day.

Monica-it is kinda like Nutrisystem I guess, just in that it's prepackaged food. But its in powder form you mix w/water...I know it sounds gross but seriously not bad at all. I don't really know much else about NS though.

And I KNEW your name looked familiar!! haha. Yes, I copied you, thanks AGAIN for the super idea. I loved having those ornaments on our honeymoon! So awesome.

I'm already ready fro Calgon to take me away!

I'm drawing the water for us now :lmao:

You ladies are so sweet!! And yes Medifast HAS come a long way...that is actually one thing I here alot, "Isn't that what Oprah did a long time ago? And didn't she gain even more back??" Yes actually, but it was almost a diff diet back then, and now they have a transition and maintenance phase you go through for awhile to get back into eating regular foods again. One thing I'm learning a ton about is portion control, and how much easier eating 5 small meals a day.

Do you buy these products online or go to an actual place?

I'm drawing the water for us now :lmao:

Do you buy these products online or go to an actual place?

I get them online, but I think I've read there are places you can go. I actually read somewhere on the MF boards that there is a center in Orlando and people have gone there to get their food instead of having to travel on a plane for it while on vacation.

Hi all :)
Hillary - WELCOME! You'll love it here, its a great support system no matter which way you are losing weight!

Mony - Sooo cute!! I loved the video! :hug:

Dance - :hug: Some people are just so rude, intentional or unintentional.

Lynda - Your garden looks great, and I loved the photos you took, you are so talented! I wish you could be my wedding photographer, you could make me look good! :rotfl2:

Lexy - Hi! Ive missed your morning posts (well, afternoon posts to me! :rotfl: )

Shannon - Im glad you got into the doctors, better to get everything checked! I know what you mean about the laptop, the first time I used ours I had it on my legs and didn't notice it getting warm, when I stood up I thought I'd got a rash! :rotfl:

Hi to everyone else, sorry if Ive missed anything! :)

Who is on their way to WDW next?

We are going in May but may be going in December as well. If we do, then I'm going to purchase annual passes. :yay:

GOOD MORNING! :sunny:

:wave2: Melinda!

In other news, last week was a sad and strange one too. I went back home for one last trip down memory lane. An Amusement park in my hometown closed (Geauga Lake for all you people close to OH) and they auctioned off everything inside. They let people walk through it to preview the auction items so I got to go walk though and take some last pictures but it is so sad. It was operating for 119 years and has/had one of the oldest roller coasters in the world. The current owners (the people who run Cedar Point) decided to close it at the end of last season, gave no notice so people could make one last trip there, and decided to sell off the contents and the land separately so nobody else could operate it as a park now. Nobody understands why. Anyways...I practically grew up in this place as a kid and I worked at the Sea World across the lake for 10yrs. (it is now a water park they own but I doubt it will be there soon either) It is so sad that pretty much all of that will be gone soon and I wont get to share it with my kids.:(

Last week I was looking for info. on Sea World (we thought that there was one still located in Ohio) & came across an article about the park closing. I hope that you got some great photos & remember memories will last a lifetime.

Peeps, I'm freaking out.

:hug: I hope you get to feeling better.

Are lurkers allowed to join?? I've heard so many great things about this group, and have read along previously. I am currently on Medifast, which I realize may be controversial and most people around here are on WW. But I'd still love to join in!! I've lost about 25 pounds in just a little over a month, and would love to be a part of this group and cheer along w/you!!

:welcome:

I have to share this. We had so much fun yesterday at Mal's dress rehersal. If you are subjected to this twice, I apologize. (But it is so cute!)

That girl's got her moves down. WTG, Mal!

So far I have Aug 30-Sept 7, Dec 7-9, and am thinking about what to do for Jan and Apr 2009. Yes, I am an addict!!

Mal was just having a blast! It's these moments that make everything else going on unimportant. I'm glad you all thought she was cute and good cause I am so biased!

Today we get to do it again and Tim and the boys are coming. Daddy has some surgery preping to do on Thursday and that's the day we go and watch and I don't think he'll beable to join us. I think he'll need to be close to a restroom at all times. Catch my drift?

So, I suggested we all go today while it's still rehearsal and they allow anyone to come and the boys can play their DS'es and the baby will be entertained.

DAWN: If you answered me about sharing the photopass in August, I never saw it and now that thread is over, so if you would kindly tell me again....

Ok peeps I need to vent - You know how everyone is getting a stimulus check well I'm not why you ask because we still owed more money on our taxes and they just took that check and applied it to what we owed. I know that makes sense but I was looking forward into taking that check and putting it in a CD and use it for Disney next year. But DH said we'll just take the money that we were going to pay for taxes and put it in our WDW fund. Anyway I am also watching my two nephews (ages 8 and 4) and a niece (almost 7) before summer camp starts and alread the kids are fighting and it's day 1:headache: So far three kids have been in time out for hitting, not sharing :faint: and it's not even lunch time yet. I can't go to WW today and weigh in which I'm upset about but I might try and go tonight, there is a meeting at 5:30 we'll shall see how tired I am at 5 to go. Definitely go next week though.

Laura
I was griping the other way, because we have to send in estimated tax payments for next year, and then they send out the stimulus check. How about I skip a payment or two, and they keep the check? I guess when it comes to the IRS, there's no winning.
And you have my sympathy on the kids. DH was just reading a joke where the definitiion of summer is the time when parents find out that teachers are under-appreciated.

That diet has come a LOOOONG way! It used to be very very limited by just shakes (I think) when Oprah did it.
My mom was in the experimental group at Stanford when they developed Medifast. It's when we found out she was diabetic and had lactose issues. Let me just say, she lost a lot of weight, but shakes alone were not good for her body because of her other health issues.

:love: Summer fruit is here! I went out to pick plums from my tree this morning, and they are so good! I also got a workout because my neighbor planted wisteria, and it's crept all through my plum tree. My triceps are burning. Note to you all: if you are doing over-your-head gardening, don't wear a bra. I had bugs, leaves, etc falling down my nightgown (yes, I was gardening in my nightie), and I was able to shake them right out the bottom. There's a mental image for you all.
I also see the blackberries in our yard starting to ripen. I love summer fruit!

Danielle, thanks for the image! :laughing:

Hillary, I looked into Medifast. Looks interesting! I have somewhere between 10 and 20 lbs left to lose... wonder if it would work for those... :)

Those are great shots from the zoo...and the landscaping is so pretty. We hired a lawn company this year and my grass is really green for the first time since we moved here in 2003 :rotfl: We are definitely not the gardening kind of people, as much as I wish I was.

We are not the gardening type either. His dad and step mom are much more so.

:welcome: Hilary!

Lynda - the yard looks great! I like the little pluto garden statue! And that pic of the sleeping lion...so adorable! Oh, weren't you going to the dr soon too? For what we thought was an ingrown hair?

You are correct! I am going to the doctor tomorrow. My spot is much better, but not completely gone, so I am going tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you all know how it goes. I hope all goes well with your appointment Shannon.

Lynda, loved the pics. Can he come do mine??

:rotfl: He said it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be if that helps you at all.

Lynda - Awesome pictures of the gardens. Is that a Pluto in your garden? i love it. The zoo pictures are awesome

That is Pluto! :) We got it at WDW actually.

Lynda - Your garden looks great, and I loved the photos you took, you are so talented! I wish you could be my wedding photographer, you could make me look good! :rotfl2:

:laughing: Actually, that would be a blast! I wish I could do that too! Wanna fly me over? :lmao: I'm sure you'll look great regardless!

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my zoo pics! Those are my two favorites from that day. :goodvibes

Hey Peeps!

I have been MIA the past couple of days. Monday I picked up my fiance from the airport he got back from his bachelor party in Las Vegas! they had the best time! There was 9 or 10 guys and my brother and dad went (my brother and dad and fiance all get along so well its nauseating sometimes but I know i am lucky that they do) anyway when i picked him up from the airport I was surprised cuz he told me he took the next couple of days off as well (he nevers does that kinda of stuff he always works even when he is sick) but they partied so much in vegas that he was exhausted... so we have just been spending alot of time together, laying by the pool, playing rock band and getting some wedding garbage done. I call it garbage cuz i seriously cant wait till all the planning is over its annoying I am really not that into it.

we hired a wedding planner yesterday for the last month of the wedding, and she will be my day of coordinator for the wedding day as well. After all the $$$$$ my fiance and father are paying we decided that since we are so deep into this wedding we are going to try and make it as perfect as possible.

ON the workout front I got these new workout DVDs called Barry's Boot Camp 5 Day Academy. all i can say is I didnt think anyone could kick my butt as much as Jillian does but WOW! WOW WOW!! these workouts are INTENSE!!!! i couldnt even lift my arms yesterday and the cardio portion!!! OUCH! its def not for wimps..i consider myself an almost advanced exerciser and even i was looking at the tv at some points and saying "SERIOUSLY???!!!!..this is ridiculous hard how am i going to do this"

Friday is 3 months till the wedding and even though I hate all the planning I still want to look great for it! Like I said before I have been maintaining cuz I work out during the week watch what I eat and then the weekend I have been just eating and drinking what i wanted and staying the same weight..anyway I am at the point where I cant do that anymore and have to start sacrificing a little more..i am not going to be 100% strict but I have to start watching a little more on the weekends cuz I have not done so since i got back from disney and that has been over a month!!!

hey, peeps! i didn't realize you had moved until just now! i was sitting here thinking, "wow......the peeps thread sure has been quiet lately." then i went to post on it and saw the new link. DUH!

i don't have time to catch up, but i hope everyone's doing well. i didn't weigh in last friday because i was a SAMER AGAIN!!!! so frustrating! :headache:

i've been doing really great with the exercise. although today i couldn't do lunges in class because my right ankle is kinda sore. i went swimming on monday and i was walking in wet flip flops and i think i remember accidentally kind of turning it while walking, so i'm assuming that's what it's from. but it's not sprained or anything.

i will try to catch up soon. missed you guys!!!! :goodvibes

DAWN: If you answered me about sharing the photopass in August, I never saw it and now that thread is over, so if you would kindly tell me again....

i just scanned up and saw this.

i don't remember your question - i probably missed it! i'm assuming you're wondering about sharing a photopass with us in august? what are your dates again? ours are september 3 - september 8. so if your dates are the last half of august i bet it would work. let me know and i'll PM you details! :thumbsup2

just checking in peepers :)
I have been a little MIA lately as well..work has been getting a bit busy..god forbid i dont' have time to Dis! lol :rotfl2:

Kat---i believe it was you, and maybe someone else, that uses sparkpeople..can i just say i started using it Monday and i just LOVE it! It really makes me realize how much i need to amp up my protein and downsize my carbs in my diet! its such a great program..i didn't realize it was so in depth and made up the plan for you based on your weight and goals..for any of you curious..TRY IT! its great..and FREE!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter