• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISappearing Peeps...Vol. 3! All are Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH, in April I lost 20 pounds. I've kept it off...which IS a celebration, but need to get myself GOING again!

THIS was almost entirely from NOT drinking diet soda.

Today, I just want to get in the water and NO soda.

I did have some iced coffee for the headache (that I'm avoiding) and a piece of whole wheat toast...the kind with NUTS and TWIGS for the fiber I'm reeeeeally needing after a meat filled weekend!

Thank You ALL for the Thank You's!!!! :hug:

TODAY IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR A WALK!!!!!! :cool1:

Hey everyone! Just subbing in over here. I didnt get to weigh this week. Wasnt near my scale this week and I didnt dare weigh on a foreign scale. God knows what it would have said, so I will weigh this Friday for sure.

Having a strange week though...need some peep support. Went to Target for some stuff (with both kids, one of which is very obviously still an infant....) and the checkout lady was making conversation with me. She was asking about the kiddos and telling me about her grandkids. She then asked me a horrifying question- "Do you know what you are having this time?" as she rubbed her tummy. Peeps, she thought I was pregnant :scared1: Not only that, she thought I looked far enough along to know what I was having. I was so shocked I just said "no" and went on my merry way. I mean, I dont think I still look 6 mos pregnant! I weigh less now that I did when I got pregnant. I have come to the conclusion that when I was bigger on top I was able to hide the tummy better, and even if people thought I may be pregnant they would never say anything because I appeared large everywhere. Now that the girls are smaller, my tummy looks out of place :( I am on the wagon big time this week. That really sent me for a loop.

In other news, last week was a sad and strange one too. I went back home for one last trip down memory lane. An Amusement park in my hometown closed (Geauga Lake for all you people close to OH) and they auctioned off everything inside. They let people walk through it to preview the auction items so I got to go walk though and take some last pictures but it is so sad. It was operating for 119 years and has/had one of the oldest roller coasters in the world. The current owners (the people who run Cedar Point) decided to close it at the end of last season, gave no notice so people could make one last trip there, and decided to sell off the contents and the land separately so nobody else could operate it as a park now. Nobody understands why. Anyways...I practically grew up in this place as a kid and I worked at the Sea World across the lake for 10yrs. (it is now a water park they own but I doubt it will be there soon either) It is so sad that pretty much all of that will be gone soon and I wont get to share it with my kids.:(

Hope everyone had a good week...off to read the back pages I missed....

Warning: Serious Lady Talk Ahead:

Peeps, I'm freaking out. Since Thursday or Friday of last week, my lady area has been sore. Not itchy. Not burning. Just sore. Going to the bathroom didn't bother me unless I wiped a little too rough. I got AF right around the same time so not sure if I had any d/c or anything. It kills to sit down. I sit down like women who are 9 months pregnant - leaning back and gradually lowering myself. Last night and today it has hurt more consistently, not just when I sat down, bent over, etc. And the pain has more of a burning sensation then previously, but still does not bother me when I go to the bathroom.

I have never been to the gyno...I know I know. I should have gone by this age for a check up and all that good stuff. But I didn't. The thing is I'm pretty sure I need to go to one for this situation. And I'm terrified. Besides the idea of someone touching my extremely sore and sensitive area, the thought of a "complete" exam sounds horrifying right now. Just sort of venting here, I guess. By chance, has anyone ever had anything that sounds similar? Or just any good thoughts for my first visit to the "special lady doctor"? My DSIL gave me the numbers of 2 of her former docs (former because she moved out of the area). She really liked both though and one of them delivered her babies.

Anyway, hope everyone is feeling better than I am right now.

Peeps, I'm freaking out. Since Thursday or Friday of last week, my lady area has been sore. Not itchy. Not burning. Just sore. Going to the bathroom didn't bother me unless I wiped a little too rough. I got AF right around the same time so not sure if I had any d/c or anything. It kills to sit down. I sit down like women who are 9 months pregnant - leaning back and gradually lowering myself. Last night and today it has hurt more consistently, not just when I sat down, bent over, etc. And the pain has more of a burning sensation then previously, but still does not bother me when I go to the bathroom.

I have never been to the gyno...I know I know. I should have gone by this age for a check up and all that good stuff. But I didn't. The thing is I'm pretty sure I need to go to one for this situation. And I'm terrified. Besides the idea of someone touching my extremely sore and sensitive area, the thought of a "complete" exam sounds horrifying right now. Just sort of venting here, I guess. By chance, has anyone ever had anything that sounds similar? Or just any good thoughts for my first visit to the "special lady doctor"? My DSIL gave me the numbers of 2 of her former docs (former because she moved out of the area). She really liked both though and one of them delivered her babies.

Shannon!!! OH NO!!! that sounds awful..i am def. a professional when it comes to UTI advice ( unfortunately!)..but this does not sound like that! I couldn't even guess as to what that could be..is there anyway you bruised yourself "down there" did you fall or sit on something really hard by accident? Whatever it is i hope you feel better soon..and plenty of :hug: !

GOOD MORNING! :sunny:

Thank you Laura for the pm saying I was missed. :hug:

It's been fast and furious here since the beginning of June and I've been eating like there's no tomorrow. I'm embarrassed to be checking in as I haven't weighed for almost a month. And I'm not sure I want to.

Hope everyone here is fine.

Could someone give me the highlights of June so far?

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Of course you were missed! :hug:

I think you got some good highlights already. I can't think of anything else at the moment. Come back more often girlie!

UGH, in April I lost 20 pounds. I've kept it off...which IS a celebration, but need to get myself GOING again!

THIS was almost entirely from NOT drinking diet soda.

Today, I just want to get in the water and NO soda.

I did have some iced coffee for the headache (that I'm avoiding) and a piece of whole wheat toast...the kind with NUTS and TWIGS for the fiber I'm reeeeeally needing after a meat filled weekend!

Thank You ALL for the Thank You's!!!! :hug:

TODAY IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR A WALK!!!!!! :cool1:

I have to get myself going again as well Wendy. I'm pumping up the exercise this week myself. So far, I did 30 minutes walking at lunch and 35 minutes on the bike here at home today. And I've eaten really well. Lots of fiber and I'm good on calories. I have to keep it up all week, and I really hope I can see a loss this Friday.

:hug: for you Shannon. I have no personal experience with that myself. I did however go to the gyno for the first time rather later than I should have too. I got a great doc (recommended by a friend), and all went fine. You will be fine too. I'm sure they will take extra good care of you since you have an issue there. Good luck to you.

Wonders: just sent you a pm. Go see the doctor- I'll be there holding your hand- its going to be ok.

Dance :( :hug: That happened to me once. I was furniture shopping and had the baby in the stroller. The sales lady reached over and touched my stomach and said, "Oh, when is the baby due?" I replied, "The baby is in the stroller and she is 6 months". Needless to say that I didnt buy any furniture that day. But big :hug: cause I know that it hurt your feelings. Your baby isnt that old and it takes a while to get back in shape. But you will get there. I actually lost all my baby weight after the second one and the third but it did get harder each time. Then my body turned 40 and my metabolism went on strike.

Well, I took a few pics of our landscaping tonight. So, here are a few of them. We have had the empty mulch bed (which needed more mulch because you could see the weed barrier in many areas) for quite some time. DH added the border, and he and his dad and step mom planted the plants, put in the lighting and pavers, and added more mulch and some rocks. I am so thrilled with how it turned out, and I can't wait to see it all grow!

318722081_kJQBV-L.jpg

318721286_udpfF-M.jpg

318722951_yfaJV-M.jpg

318723148_WTjhk-M.jpg

318723830_jqHbQ-M.jpg

And here's a couple of my favorites from the Indy Zoo from last weekend...

318748848_kAr8F-L.jpg

318748977_KbAVC-L.jpg

Are lurkers allowed to join?? I've heard so many great things about this group, and have read along previously. I am currently on Medifast, which I realize may be controversial and most people around here are on WW. But I'd still love to join in!! I've lost about 25 pounds in just a little over a month, and would love to be a part of this group and cheer along w/you!!

OUCH! I hope you get to feeling better. It almost sounds like a muscle pull or something. I say you have to go see the lady Dr though, for sure. It really is not as bad as you are probably thinking it is in your head. I remember after I went the first time thinking, "what the heck was I afraid of?" And, you are already uncomfortable so they may not even do a full exam anyways.

Well, I took a few pics of our landscaping tonight. So, here are a few of them.
Those are great shots from the zoo...and the landscaping is so pretty. We hired a lawn company this year and my grass is really green for the first time since we moved here in 2003 :rotfl: We are definitely not the gardening kind of people, as much as I wish I was.

Are lurkers allowed to join?? I've heard so many great things about this group, and have read along previously. I am currently on Medifast, which I realize may be controversial and most people around here are on WW. But I'd still love to join in!! I've lost about 25 pounds in just a little over a month, and would love to be a part of this group and cheer along w/you!!

WELCOME! Anyone is welcome here, no matter what you are doing to lose. I would say there are a few WW people here but there are also lots of others doing it their own way too!

Great pictures, Lynda. We are letting our lawn die because of the drought :worried:. We had sod put down a few years ago and loved it, but the Governator will fine us if we use too much water.

Shannon - Could it be a cyst? That can make it very sore.

Dance - Sorry about the ignorant clerk. :hug:

Hilary - Welcome!

GO to the lady Doctor! This something you can't ignore! We will all be here for you! :hug:

Hillary Welcome! :welcome: What is Medifast?

Morning All!

Shannon...Definitely get to a dr!!! :hug:

Dance...I had the same thing happen after I had my twins and I went to a Mother's of Twins Club meeting!!! You'd think they'd know better! :confused3

Lynda...Landscaping looks great!

I am being diligent today with food...if I didn't bring it with me, I'm not eating it! Packed lunch and both snacks for the day and am making shrimp stir-fry for dinner.

Happy day All!!! :hippie:

Welcome! :goodvibes Looking forward to getting to know you more!

Lexy: It's good to see you over here too.

Hilary: I remember reading along about your wedding. Were you to the one who made the ornaments? :goodvibes

Hi everyone! I'm back on the tread mill and am about to walk/run it again this morning.

As far as the exercise ball went, the squats killed me. In a good way. It made my leg muscles so sore though and I only did 15 of them. Each time I had to do the stairs yesterday followed with 14 "OWS". It made my knee muscles HURT!

I have to share this. We had so much fun yesterday at Mal's dress rehersal. If you are subjected to this twice, I apologize. (But it is so cute!)

Thanks for the welcomes ladies!!!

And Monica thats cool that you remember me! I DID make the ornaments...well, copied another poster on here but yes that was me.

I'm so excited to join in here!! It's so much easier to keep pushing through when it gets hard when you have great support. The Medifast discussion boards are great, but I just haven't found a group that I really like.

And since someone asked, Medifast is a prepackaged diet, I guess is the best way to describe it. Its called 5 and 1, basically you get 5 Medifast meals a day, which you can choose from shakes, oatmeal, soups, bars, etc. And then one Lean and Green meal, obviously green veggies and a lean protein. You eat every 2-3 hours so its really easy. I've been on it 5 weeks today, and am at 25 pounds lost. That's one reason I was attracted to it, I have a good bit of weight I want to lose and it's fast. I only wish I had done this before my wedding, but it would have been far too stressful! And the diet has been researched and medically studied so I know it's very safe, thats the one thing that people have misconceptions about.

Anyway,I'm excited about getting to know everyone here better as well!

Good morning Peeps...thanks for the encouraging words and hugs. The dr. cannot see me until Thursday afternoon (and even then she squeezed me in - originally told me Monday!). The good news is I'm feeling so much better today so far. Not sure what that means but I'm glad. I'll keep you all posted. I should clarify that the pain is in the front of the whole area...near the front of my body. Sorry if that isn't clear. These are family boards ;)
Oh and yesterday I actually thought it was because of my laptop. I sit on the couch or chair with it on my lap and yesterday it felt really hot and I started wondering if I was irritating myself with the heat from my laptop. :rotfl2:

In MUCH better news, I just booked Port Orleans Riverside for July 9-12 for my mom and I. A semi-spur of the moment disney trip to FantasyLand before officially being thrown into the real world. I want to try some new restaurants and just take it easy. My mom has told me in the past that Disney has lost its "magic" for her so I want to try to bring it back for her.

Monica - cute kiddos! Reminds me of my days as a dancer. One of my costumes was neon orange and we had to spray paint our tap shoes the same color! Your DH's surgery is this week, right? :hug:

Dance - the lady in the store is a moron. Why do people say things like that? If it makes you feel better, my DSIL was telling me the other day that she is having a hard time telling if people are pregnant or not because pregnant women are wearing more form fitting clothes, making their bellies more obvious. :hug:

Lynda - the yard looks great! I like the little pluto garden statue! And that pic of the sleeping lion...so adorable! Oh, weren't you going to the dr soon too? For what we thought was an ingrown hair?

Off to veg out on the couch, watch TV and think of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice restaurants for Disney. Since it's so close, I'm sure a lot of our choices will be unavailable.

Have a great day Peeps! Send PD that I continue to feel better and for the dr. appt on thursday.

Sweetie! Just go, it won't be that bad :hug:

You don't want "vah-jay-jay" pain! ;)

Thanks for the welcomes ladies!!!

And Monica thats cool that you remember me! I DID make the ornaments...well, copied another poster on here but yes that was me.

I'm so excited to join in here!! It's so much easier to keep pushing through when it gets hard when you have great support. The Medifast discussion boards are great, but I just haven't found a group that I really like.

And since someone asked, Medifast is a prepackaged diet, I guess is the best way to describe it. Its called 5 and 1, basically you get 5 Medifast meals a day, which you can choose from shakes, oatmeal, soups, bars, etc. And then one Lean and Green meal, obviously green veggies and a lean protein. You eat every 2-3 hours so its really easy. I've been on it 5 weeks today, and am at 25 pounds lost. That's one reason I was attracted to it, I have a good bit of weight I want to lose and it's fast. I only wish I had done this before my wedding, but it would have been far too stressful! And the diet has been researched and medically studied so I know it's very safe, thats the one thing that people have misconceptions about.

Anyway,I'm excited about getting to know everyone here better as well!

Sounds like a diet I see here on TV. Nutra-system?

And I know all about the ornaments cause I was the one who made them and posted them:rolleyes1

Good morning Peeps...thanks for the encouraging words and hugs. The dr. cannot see me until Thursday afternoon (and even then she squeezed me in - originally told me Monday!). The good news is I'm feeling so much better today so far. Not sure what that means but I'm glad. I'll keep you all posted. I should clarify that the pain is in the front of the whole area...near the front of my body. Sorry if that isn't clear. These are family boards ;)
Oh and yesterday I actually thought it was because of my laptop. I sit on the couch or chair with it on my lap and yesterday it felt really hot and I started wondering if I was irritating myself with the heat from my laptop. :rotfl2:

In MUCH better news, I just booked Port Orleans Riverside for July 9-12 for my mom and I. A semi-spur of the moment disney trip to FantasyLand before officially being thrown into the real world. I want to try some new restaurants and just take it easy. My mom has told me in the past that Disney has lost its "magic" for her so I want to try to bring it back for her.

Monica - cute kiddos! Reminds me of my days as a dancer. One of my costumes was neon orange and we had to spray paint our tap shoes the same color! Your DH's surgery is this week, right? :hug:

Dance - the lady in the store is a moron. Why do people say things like that? If it makes you feel better, my DSIL was telling me the other day that she is having a hard time telling if people are pregnant or not because pregnant women are wearing more form fitting clothes, making their bellies more obvious. :hug:

Lynda - the yard looks great! I like the little pluto garden statue! And that pic of the sleeping lion...so adorable! Oh, weren't you going to the dr soon too? For what we thought was an ingrown hair?

Off to veg out on the couch, watch TV and think of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice restaurants for Disney. Since it's so close, I'm sure a lot of our choices will be unavailable.

Have a great day Peeps! Send PD that I continue to feel better and for the dr. appt on thursday.

Yes, it's Friday. I wish I could be of some help with your situation, but I can't. Just gonna keep you in my prayers.

The older girls sprayed their point shoes bright red. And dorothy's are sparkly red.

They even have dancers, the flying monkeys, on ropes flying and they take dorothy too. Really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter